It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is a member here allowed to knowingly lie when there have been plenty of complaints?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

A member has knowingly been posting false information and has been told many times that they are doing this.

What happened to the #1 Terms and Conditions?

1). Posting: You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now, I have complained behind the scenes to no avail. I have not been told why this poster is continually allowed to post false information. I'd like an answer from ATS. Thank you.

originally posted by Griff

If I came to ATS and claimed:
"I have irrefutable proof that the towers were demolished using controlled demolisions and under no circumstances will I release my proof and evidence. But, BsBray11, Valhall, Spoon and Slap Nutz have written this neat little report for you to read that shows how I have proven my statements. That should be enough for you. The evidence is in there. The evidence is there for the world to see."

Is that acceptable to people? Is that acceptable to ATS? Would I be riddiculed out of ATS and banned?

Then why is it appropriate for Seanm to continue to lie on this board virtually claiming the same thing?

I know this isn't the forum for complaints, but since my complaint was ignored (I gave 24 hours for a response) I have taken to the open forums. Thank you in this matter.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If business is good, mouths are shut.

Ya, know?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadFlagBlues

Absolutely.That's the way things are.Sad to say.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hear you on that..I sent a request to the three amigo's and was told I would get a 48 hr response and that was two weeks ago and I still have yet to get a reply.....so I gave up.

busy or not it is polite to at least reply to a question. not let it die a lonely death. I figure if it's an issue that they do not want to address then they ignore it.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
False, misleading or inaccurate.. by rights that should automatically trash half the posts off of the face of ATS.

Fair point tho still if its 'knowingly' false and lies etc... You know what you are talking about. But maybe 24 hours isnt really long enough to wait for a mod response, they no doubt have shed loads of other issues to deal with? I had to wait days for a mod response.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
To be fair, the 3 amigo's are VERY busy people.

They will reply, SkepticOverlord has always replied when i've U2U him. Same with Springer too.

If no one has responded, it means they are investigating the complaint (especially since the complaint involves a member posting false information).

I figure if it's an issue that they do not want to address then they ignore it.

That's not the case, all issue are addressed at ATS, including minor stuff.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Waiting two weeks for a response is NOT addressing an issue plain and simple.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It looks like the members in the thread are doing a good job of taking that particular member to task for his statements.

The "Close Scrutiny" aspect of the 9/11 Forum refers to personal attacks, not deceptive statements. If there are issues with this behavior we haven't noticed, certainly we'd like to know about that!

As for the "good for business" comment... the poster referenced here seems to be trying to debunk 9/11 conspiracy theories... why would that be "good for business" for a conspiracy website?

Also, sometimes we can be preoccupied with our current level of biz-madness... I just spent two days in meetings in NYC with Springer and a list of... well... you'll find out on 11/5. And Springer is on his way to the airport to fly home. And I was on the road all day Sunday, and Simon still has no reliable Internet since his move... and... well, you get the picture. Alpha, when did you send your query?

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
You might want to compile a list and directly quote the posters. This might be a case of, "well, its their opinion". If they post an opinion, it probably doesn't violate the TOS. If they knowingly post a manipulation of fact, or something that is false, thats different.

Simply disagreeing or posting an alternate evidence probably does not violate the TOS.

[edit on 24-10-2007 by Reality Hurts]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Not that I've been following that thread closely, but from what I can see it seems like this person probably believes in the post. So I don't think that would qualify as knowingly posting false information, like posting a UFO CGI that you made or something.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Alpha, when did you send your query?

The 2nd to last week of September. I asked for permission to post a link to a forum I run (as per T&C..it says you must ask permission first) and after I got no reply for over two weeks I posted the link anyway. ( I figured if it violated the T&C that a mod would just delete it....I got sick and tired of waiting so I did it anyway)

It in BTS here's the post..if it violates just dump it.

my post

I understand that you guys are busy........but two weeks is nuts.

AG

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
In the two years I've been here, I've sent in a number of complaints and suggestions. I've never, ever heard anything back. It's become a real sore point for me, so I quit sending in comments.

Too bad, too, because I would be able to get Jacques Vallee, Jesse Marcel Jr. (of Roswell crash fame) and several other people who would be great guest speakers. I did receive a reply finally when I wanted to arrange a gues speaker for ATS, but was told they were busy, check back in 6 months. It didn't seem very encouraging, so I'm not arranging for any more guest speakers to come here.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by forestlady
In the two years I've been here, I've sent in a number of complaints and suggestions. I've never, ever heard anything back. It's become a real sore point for me, so I quit sending in comments.

Please understand that we do get a good volume of complaints/suggestions, and though we do not get back on every single one of them, you can sometimes find through threads that have been complained about that action was taken if warranted.

They are all read and considered, I assure you. Remember though that if we only took our time to read/respond to complaints, we wouldn't be on the boards moderating and finding at times some of the most blatant violations that would in the long run if left alone prevent people from being able to access this site (NetNanny, etc software.) It is a delicate balance, and personally, I believe we keep it well.

As far as your suggestions of guest speakers, have you tried resubmitting this information again after an amount of time has passed? As with the volume of complains/suggestions goes, it is always possible that "the moment" prevents looking back to other suggestions that have been put on the backburner at one point or another.

Please don't think we ignore complains/suggestions, because that is the furthest thing from the truth.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

That's what I thought. That's why I was a little concerned when my complaint went ignored. But, you have a point that 24 hours might not be enough time.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Also, sometimes we can be preoccupied with our current level of biz-madness... I just spent two days in meetings in NYC with Springer and a list of... well... you'll find out on 11/5. And Springer is on his way to the airport to fly home. And I was on the road all day Sunday, and Simon still has no reliable Internet since his move... and... well, you get the picture. Alpha, when did you send your query?

Now, I do feel better because I thought my complaint was being ignored. Thanks for the response SkepticOverlord.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
You might want to compile a list and directly quote the posters. This might be a case of, "well, its their opinion". If they post an opinion, it probably doesn't violate the TOS. If they knowingly post a manipulation of fact, or something that is false, thats different.

Simply disagreeing or posting an alternate evidence probably does not violate the TOS.

Just so people know the jist of my complaint. The poster has stated numerous times on that thread that NIST (or the government for that matter) have released ALL evidence. Forensic and more.

Plenty of people have told said poster that they are in error only to hear "it's in the report". Over and Over and Over.

Like I have said. If I tried the same thing but on the opposite side, I would have been booted from ATS a long time ago.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Not that I've been following that thread closely, but from what I can see it seems like this person probably believes in the post. So I don't think that would qualify as knowingly posting false information, like posting a UFO CGI that you made or something.

So, knowingly posting that the structural documents have been released to the world is not a lie but their opinion? So be it. But, stop claiming it to be fact when it is your opinion.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
you can sometimes find through threads that have been complained about that action was taken if warranted.

This is what I figured would have happened. How hard is it for a mod to come into a thread and say "this is your opinion, please post it as such and not a fact"? That took me about 1 minute to type. And I'm a slow typer.

I believe we keep it well.

I will second that statement. Again, it's why I was confused.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A wise person might consider the amount of time and intense effort it takes to keep a site such as ATS up and running smmothly.

The responsibilities are tremendous. I can only imagine the amount of suggestions and complaints the owners receive. This is all done so that we can enjoy the board absolutely FREE. Does not cost members one cent to participate.

A thinking person might also understand that the owners and mods do have a life other than ATS.

Respectfully,
Marilyn

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
For big threads like that, it's kind of hard to keep everybody within the T&C, because you have to read through every single post word for word. I've been a mod on some other boards, and it wasn't easy. And this board has a lot more posting, so I can only imagine...

Also, I'm sure the mods, especially SO, Springer, and Simon, get a lot of pointless whining U2U's. I'm not calling your U2U whining Griff, personally I think you're right in what you're saying, but it seems that your U2U may have been a victim of a lot of pointless U2U's being sent in before and after yours.

Having said that, though, perhaps the mods could read the U2U's and write down the important ones, maybe the date time and user who sent the important U2U so that they can more easily come back to it?

Just a suggestion

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join