It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirtbag US government afraid to apologize

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by cavscout
Second, where do you get off bashing the government of 300 million people and leaving your location blank in your mini-profile? That is downright rude.

In all fairness cav, Bush' ratings inside the US is below 30%. I think that there is a HUGE number of Americans that think the same way. Like over 200 million Americans. He's not bashing Americans, just the Administration. Which would be wrong except for the fact that this Admin affects other countries. They should be allowed an opinion imo.

So boom! It's Bush’s fault. Everything is bush’s fault except for anything good that happens. Bush is below 30%, but then NO president during war had high ratings. So what is congress? Since they are much lower can we blame it on them? I find it funny that any situation in America like this is automatically Bush’s fault or it leads to an “I hate bush” party. Hell I would not vote for the guy, but I think people should get back on their prosaic.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by brill

So Arar has been cleared and even financially compensated by the Canadian government but the US government won't do the right thing here. Typical I suppose and just confirms the blatant arrogance and general stupidty of which this government has maintained. Of course fessing up would be an admission of guilt in terms of using torture but I forgot that puss wad Bush has stated the US does not use torture. I only hope that some day someone locks him in a cell for a long time and beats him daily.

brill

Your source states that Maher was deported by U.S. counterterrorism officials to Syria. So in that case the fact that he was cleared and financially compensated by the Canadian government is meaningless. If the guy next door tells me John Doe is a good guy and I should let him in my house it dosen't mean my door is wide open.

You also say, "fessing up would be an admission of guilt in terms of using torture". Your sorce states that it was Syria which imprisoned and tortured Maher. Syria I believe being one of the 4 nations named in the Axis of Evil by Bush. It's funny how you see the word torture and assume it's the US that commited the act.

Im my opinion, the only thing that "puss wad Bush" did wrong is send Mr. Arar back to his home country where we know he might be imprisoned and tortured. But that's really kind of a tough moral decision if you ask me, with Syria being Maher's own country.

On the matter of maybe making a mistake in deporting Mr. Arar. The US government is being held up by a double edge sword. With a strong counterterrorism department the US is going to risk violating individuals rights. However, in the event of a terrorist attack everyone will be pointing their fingers at the govenment, which failed to stop the attack.

Styki

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Absolutely ridiculous that moderators have not done something about this post, if this post was titled "dirtbag IRAN or dirtbag FRENCH or dirtbag government" I am quite sure this post title would have been changed by now.

I was hooked to this site a few months ago but the blatant anti americanism is going to far.....I am even reading on some posts that america DESERVES to be nuked etc.

Soon I won't be on ATS altogether, but so far my searches for a new forum to follow alternative news is fruitless.

Owners/Moderators: attend to your business of "denying ignorance" please, the title of this post is speculative.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mjmurphy53711

He can question the United States all he likes, that's his right. It's not the right to do it on their site, but I hope that the staff of this site ignores you and lets him state his exact feelings, barring profanity and whatnot.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Like you said, barring profanity (which he uses violating TOC).

My point is mods would do something about this if it WAS NOT referring to the U.S.A.

Childish and speculative IMO, but FACTUALLY violating TOC.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mjmurphy53711

Originally posted by mjmurphy53711
Absolutely ridiculous that moderators have not done something about this post, if this post was titled "dirtbag IRAN or dirtbag FRENCH or dirtbag government" I am quite sure this post title would have been changed by now.

MJMURPHY, please get your terminology straight.

If another nation is called "dirtbag", that is a WARN-able offense.

If the US is labeled a "dirtbag government", it is called an act of patriotism.
/sarcasm

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mjmurphy53711

I was hooked to this site a few months ago but the blatant anti americanism is going to far.....I am even reading on some posts that america DESERVES to be nuked etc.

Soon I won't be on ATS altogether, but so far my searches for a new forum to follow alternative news is fruitless.

Owners/Moderators: attend to your business of "denying ignorance" please, the title of this post is speculative.

Please don't misinterpret my post. I like America. I like the people and I like the land. But I detest, with a passion, this and many past governments that's where my disgust is focused. Keep in mind too and I'm not trying to change subjects here I've seen many a post where other nations and their leadership have been described with all types of colorful adjectives. I stand by my post 100% with the hope that better days will come.

brill

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

Originally posted by uberarcanist
reply to post by Azure_Oak

Don't worry about bashing our government, I am a red state American and I do it with gusto and without guilt practically every day! Criticism is the mark of a true patriot!

Bashing is not the equivalent of criticism. And bashing your country in no way makes you an automatic patriot.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Some things deserve to be bashed. I'm sure we lived by your logic, we'd all still be paying taxes to the British Crown.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Another way to look at it...

Is misleading or inflammatory titles at ATS demonstrate the true "colors" of a poster... I say let the light of day shine on the title, and remember the message it conveys... You never know, it might come in handy in the future.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Styki

Your source states that Maher was deported by U.S. counterterrorism officials to Syria. So in that case the fact that he was cleared and financially compensated by the Canadian government is meaningless. If the guy next door tells me John Doe is a good guy and I should let him in my house it dosen't mean my door is wide open.

On the contrary. The Canadian government apologized and compensated Arar. I would go so far as to say the Canadian government are dirtbags too however their apology and compensatory approach is an attempt to better a bad situation.

You also say, "fessing up would be an admission of guilt in terms of using torture". Your sorce states that it was Syria which imprisoned and tortured Maher. Syria I believe being one of the 4 nations named in the Axis of Evil by Bush. It's funny how you see the word torture and assume it's the US that commited the act.

If Syria is part of the axis of evil then why would they torture a citizen who represents the same disdain for America that most of Syrians do? The US won't admit they torture but the stories have surfaced. Suffice to say that something isn't quite right with Arars situation.

On the matter of maybe making a mistake in deporting Mr. Arar. The US government is being held up by a double edge sword. With a strong counterterrorism department the US is going to risk violating individuals rights. However, in the event of a terrorist attack everyone will be pointing their fingers at the govenment, which failed to stop the attack.

Great point. I think most would agree that no matter what actions are being taken an attack is inevitable. The question I have is would citizens be willing to forfeit most of their freedoms in the name of protection?

brill

top topics

<< 1   >>

join