It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If someone had freemason jewelry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Free Mason Jewelry can be bought in any Internet store. I even found it in a normal jewelry store once!

An example.

Well if A guy in a nice suit went out of a Rolls Royce or another 1 million dollar car. And had that ring, would you think that he was a Freemason?

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
The same is true of a lot of things, like regimental ties/pins and such. Anyone can buy these things and pretend, but talking to the guy will usually sort it out. E.g. if someone claims to have been in the military then anyone who actually has served will probably be able to tell whether he's for real. The same is true of masonry - it's easy to wear a ring and pretend to be on the square, but much harder to mantain that deception during a conversation with an actual mason.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jim_w

What Jim said. Anybody can buy Masonic jewelry at any jewelry store or online. The mere wearing of it does not mean they are a Mason...although of course, I'm not quite sure why a non-Mason would want to wear Masonic jewelry.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

To make themselves feel mysterious.

It's nice jewelery, but of course, it's just odd if you wear it and aren't a Mason.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
That wasn't what I was asking. Would YOU believe he was a Freemason?

I know a Freemason, they are just a bunch of Christians hanging out its no "conspiracy".

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eclipse_Solar

Right, sorry.

Yeah, I probably would believe he's a Freemason. Same as I see people with a cross, I think that their Christian. I don't see why people would wear identifying jewelery if they weren't part of that organisation, religion, corporation.

posted on Oct, 17 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I would ASK him if he was a brother...I would know in the fist 30 seconds if he was or not.

Money, suits and a Rolls does not make a difference. You might be surprised how many Brothers I know who have long hair, beards and ride Harleys on a daily basis. It is not a class thing, it is a character thing.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by RWPBR]

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

I would ASK him if he was a brother...I would know in the first 30 seconds if he was or not.

That long?

It is not a class thing, it is a character thing.

I really love the way you put this. I wish more people would understand this about masons.

posted on Oct, 22 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWPBR

Money, suits and a Rolls does not make a difference. You might be surprised how many Brothers I know who have long hair, beards and ride Harleys on a daily basis. It is not a class thing, it is a character thing.

[edit on 17-10-2007 by RWPBR]

Thats very true, in fact the Grand Master of the Grand Lodge of North Dakota A:.F:.A:.M:. may not have the long hair, but I can tell you that he rides a Harley and enjoys Sturgis!

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have had more than one avoid converse about it. Assuming they were just wearing it. Some could of been father's or just purchased to come off as one. I never was one to pry or embarrass a person. I figure if they were wearing it in error bringing it to their conscious is enough.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I'm interested in how the various brethren here might initiate that conversation.

You see someone with a ring on... what do you say to them to determine if they are in the fold or not?

With the ritual varying from state to state I bet there are a myriad of choices. What would you say, if anything?

A u2u is probably more appropriate than an open thread; or even u2u me for my personal email might be even better.

Thanks fellas.

[edit on 10/24/07 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
I'm interested in how the various brethren here might initiate that conversation.

You see someone with a ring on... what do you say to them to determine if they are in the fold or not?

With the ritual varying from state to state I bet there are a myriad of choices. What would you say, if anything?

A u2u is probably more appropriate than an open thread; or even u2u me for my personal email might be even better.

Thanks fellas.

[edit on 10/24/07 by The Axeman]

Well the first thing I would say is "***** *** **** ***** * ** ****"
If he replies " *** ** *** ****** ****" or something along those lines I would say " *** **** * *** ******* *** ***" and depending on his reply I would know

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The ways of recognition are a part of Masonry that are secrets of the fraternity.
The movie "Man who would be king" had an encounters between Masons.

posted on Oct, 24 2007 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman

"Are you a freemason?" springs to mind...

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
It seems to be easier to become a real free mason than to pretend to be one. In order to pretend to be a free mason, you have to go online and learn all the secret passwords and handshakes. You also need to look up the names of real freemasons and perhaps learn a little about them so you can drop names and act like your are in the know. If you join a lodge for real, you will learn the secret passwords and handshakes anyway and actually meet people you are pretending to know.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
It seems to be easier to become a real free mason than to pretend to be one.

It would be virtually impossible to pass yourself off as a Mason to a learned Brother, if you were not, in fact, a Mason.

Virtualy impossible, I tell you.

You could know every handshake and password that has ever been printed on the internet and at the end of the day, you would be outed as an interloper.

There's just too much stuff you would know as a Mason that a non-Mason would not have the slightest inkling of what you might be talking about.

It could be done, no doubt, but why someone would go to all the trouble escapes me.

If they are looking to infiltrate and find conspiracies, they would certainly be kicking themselves later for wasting all that time for nothing.

Trinity: Yeah, that would work.

Some of the brethren I know have unique ways of asking, and I wondered if anyone else heard of any quirky ways is all. I'm not going to post it here of course, but if you are interested u2u me.

With the variation in ritual from place to place, the point might be moot, however.

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

You would have to agree with me that not all masons are "learned" masons and there are many masons that only remember a few portions of the masonic ritual. One could easily pass themselves off as a non-learned mason by knowing the few portions of the ritual. There is a lot that needs to be known outside the ritual handshakes and passwords that would tip a person off as not being a mason.

In order to do a good impersonation of a real mason, a pretend mason should know something about other real masons in the area and know about events that real masons attend. Even if a real mason is unable to detect the deception, he is less likely to feel any sort of affinity to a person (whether he is a real mason or a pretend mason) if that person does not share any common experiences or friends. If a real mason does not feel any sort of affinity towards a fake mason (or another real mason for that matter), the real mason is not going to do any special favors for the fake (or real mason).

posted on Oct, 28 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just a quick question to all those that would know, but I was wondering what the policy is regarding inherited items. What I mean is I recently inherited my grandfathers Ring, and while I'm not a member I would still like to wear it from time to time. However, I would hate to have someone ask me if I was a mason and when I said no demand that I take the ring off or something to that effect. Not saying it would happen like that, but I know some societies can be rather strict on their allowances of such situations.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
You would have to agree with me that not all masons are "learned" masons and there are many masons that only remember a few portions of the masonic ritual.

Unfortunately, yes, I have to agree.

One could easily pass themselves off as a non-learned mason by knowing the few portions of the ritual.

True, but there are questions and answers that one must learn and give a proficiency examination for before they can move on to the next degree. These are not written and are usually communicated "mouth to ear" to the new Brother by a Masonic Mentor, assigned to him by the Master of the Lodge. This is how I would go about discerning whether a man was really a Mason or not, as that is (one of) the point(s) of the Q&A. The ritual is not the issue, as it is available in print to anyone with the inclination to search for it.

There is a lot that needs to be known outside the ritual handshakes and passwords that would tip a person off as not being a mason.

Yes, quite.

In order to do a good impersonation of a real mason, a pretend mason should know something about other real masons in the area and know about events that real masons attend.

Casually, in passing? Yes. In a Masonic conversation with a Mason? Not a chance. It all comes back to the catechism. Masons should know it, non-Masons don't. These are the things that are never supposed to be written, and that rule exists for a reason.

BTW -- In my experience, the exchange in "The Man Who Would Be King" is inaccurate. Could be close, depending on the jurisdiction; but it would take alot more than those lines to convince me, anyway.

Even if a real mason is unable to detect the deception, he is less likely to feel any sort of affinity to a person (whether he is a real mason or a pretend mason) if that person does not share any common experiences or friends.

By virtue of being a (real) Mason, even if the two men have never met, they already have that common experience, and mutual friends to boot. That's one of the things that is so special about it. No matter where you go, you have a bond with Masons. All Masons have walked the same path and been through the same ordeal. Masons automatically have that connection; this is one of the reasons I think "pretenders" offend me so much.

There have been some on this very board, and invariably they are called out and exposed as fakes.

If a real mason does not feel any sort of affinity towards a fake mason (or another real mason for that matter), the real mason is not going to do any special favors for the fake (or real mason).

Masons are obliged to help other Masons if it will not put the former out, and the latter appears worthy of the help. What's more, we are admonished to help everyone, not just Masons, though it applies more especially to other Masons, due to the bond mentioned before. The same rules apply, however. If there's nothing I can do, then even as a Mason, there's nothing I can do, see?

I find it hard to think about anything Masonic in black and white; you have to search the gray areas and come to your own conclusions. What one Mason considers a worthy request or cause, another might scoff at. We're all just men, and as such, our opinions and experiences vary.

LLR: My suggestion? Explore why your grandfather chose to be a Mason, and let that be the deciding factor on whether you want to wear the ring or not.

I'm fairly sure no one will accost you on the street and demand you remove your ring, should you choose to wear it. It is an heirloom, after all.

[edit on 10/29/07 by The Axeman]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by looneylupinsrevenge

If you should be asked, just tell the person that you are wearing it in memory of your Grandfather. Most will understand. Could give you the chance to learn more about masonry if you want.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join