It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this video real or fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Is it really from the Mexican military or is it a hoax? I got scared by seeing it and I cant leave my shotgun now.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It's real. But as usual no one cares enough to look into it more.

I'm sure most idiotic Americans just say something like "It's just the Mexican Air Force, they must be off their rocker." Then back to reading about Paris Hilton and Britney Spears...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Investigate. Research. Ponder. Wonder. Throw out what cant be verified or proven. Come to a conclusion that is rational to you. Dont let other people make your mind up for you....

Man Shepard Smith looked like he was going to "shapeshift" right out of his skinbag....

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It looks like the real thing to me, but I'm no expert.

Originally posted by Diplomat
I'm sure most idiotic Americans just say something like "It's just the Mexican Air Force, they must be off their rocker." Then back to reading about Paris Hilton and Britney Spears...

For us idiotic Americans to do something about it, we risk prison time.

I'm sure you are aware of Title 14, Section 1211 of the code of Federal Regulations adopted in 1969. U.S. Citizens interaction with extraterestrial space aliens or their vehicles; to the extent that an individual could be siezed and held under armed guard, without court hearing, for an indefinite period.

What exactly are we supposed to do?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Agreed, Mr Smith was looking mighty reptilian in that clip...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
These turned out to be an off shore oil platform. The appearance of flight is all perspective. This was investigated by one of Mexico's better Ufologists and even recreated, using the original flight path of the plane that recorded it.

Sorry, I know most will choose not to believe this.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
These turned out to be an off shore oil platform. The appearance of flight is all perspective. This was investigated by one of Mexico's better Ufologists and even recreated, using the original flight path of the plane that recorded it.

Do you have any source? Oil platform? Holy # thats the worst excuse ever...

They must have been more creative like saying it was flares or fireworks which are legal every day in Mexico.

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Old clip. Old story. next...

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
No, it really was an oil platform. If whatever cabal you think "hides the truth" wanted to come up with an excuse, it sure as hell wouldn't be something as goofy as an off shore oil platform, think about it. It would be something that people with little understanding of perspective could grasp in one or two lines, such as hot air balloons or shooting stars, lol.

I am sorry the explanation is beyond your immediate grasp of understanding, but a word to the wise, such ignorance is what perpetuates false claims, and adds to the misunderstanding about many, many videos.

I would recommend researching this yourself, as the journey alone might help you to better look at videos in the future.

Here are a few links to begin your journey, lol:

Start here

It has also been discussed here many times. Refference this thread for some good information, totally ignorant information, and outright confounding outlandish information....your choice what you want to believe:

ATS link

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lost_Mind
Investigate. Research. Ponder. Wonder.

This is great advice for all.

Throw out what cant be verified or proven.

I wouldn't be too quick on "Throwing it out". Maybe just set it aside to think about later. Just because something "Can't be verified or proven" doesn't necessarily have to mean that it isn't true.

(Sorry, I know I've heard a great example of this before, but I can't remember exactly what it was just know. If I do, I'll let you know.)

And now, to your most important point.

Dont let other people make your mind up for you.

I couldn't agree with you more.

The only thing I would add is to try to think of new questions about the subject that you have never heard others ask. The saying "We have two ears and one mouth." comes to mind here, probably because I happen to like that one, but I think that too often, people forget that they also have a brain. We all have one, so why not use it?

The point I'm trying to make here is if people only listen to what others say about something, and not REALLY think and wonder about it themselves, how will anyone ever learn anything new?

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eclipse_Solar
www.youtube.com...

Is it really from the Mexican military or is it a hoax? I got scared by seeing it and I cant leave my shotgun now.

It's real alright...

Jimbo

posted on Oct, 15 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...

As nobody really answered your question I will. The video itself
is real of course because it was recorded by a FLIR camera on a
military airplane therefore the video is real and official. This means
the video is not tampered.

The issue you may be wondering is are the images real ufos ?
Then your question has to be: Are the objects in this footage
real UFOs ? This means unidentified lights. Well officially by
the mexican Air Force and most of the researchers yes, these
lights remain unidentified.

Some theories were proposed but every one of them discarded.

Ball lighting-Discarded by ridicule
Meteorites- Discarded by ridicule
Invisible top-secret US Stealth fighters-Discarded by non existent
proof or data.
Thermal illusions-Discarded by insufficient data.
Oil well flames from the ocean- Discarded as hoax-disinformation.
See here: www.youtube.com...

The international media covered this event worldwide. The official
conclusion: An unexplained event. Period.

The footage remains there and everybody is free to make the best
judgement according to every posible interpretation but please don't
ignore the facts.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

The footage remains there and everybody is free to make the best
judgement according to every posible interpretation but please don't
ignore the facts.

Thx for that post. Its good that some people can keep an open mind and not just believe what people tell them it is, for instance oil flares. First it was swamp gas, I guess they realize they can't pass that excuse off anymore.

I got scared by seeing it and I cant leave my shotgun now.

Shotgun isn't gonna do much considering the technology gap. A bow and arrow wouldn't do much to a tank would it?

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Freezer]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
why is fox news covering this story? fox is known to be owned by the government, and to skew the truth. Is this the start of the government admitting the truth?

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
i don't know what to say but........great find and Wow and Great Footage, Unreal! Nice find!

Flagged and Starred.

P.S this topic Absolutely needs a new title.

[edit on 16-10-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Do you have any source? Oil platform? Holy # thats the worst excuse ever...

They must have been more creative like saying it was flares or fireworks which are legal every day in Mexico.

This has proven with dozens of scientific articles. They are available on internet. It is only an eye illusion that these "crafts" seem moving.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I hate to tell you this but this is old news.

First of all the this video was posted on June 09, 2007, while its still pretty recent its not happening in real time either.

Second of all, we don't know when this news footage was broadcasted, it could have been a long long time ago.

Third of all the actual Mexican Airforce footage was shown at the Mexican UFO conference back in 2005 by that famous Mexican journalist, mosammi or something like that. That would tell us that the actual Mexican Airforce UFO incident happened between 2004 & 2005.

While it is really good to see that this is one of the very few cases where the main stream media actually to this seriously, no one paid attention to it and it vanished before our very eyes.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
If it were oil well flames, the conditions should be repeatable, meaning a plane could fly that course again under similar conditions and repeat the images. that would end the debate (I think).

It is similar to Rendlesham forest case where people say it was a lighthouse. If it was a lighthouse , why not go out their and show footage of this stationary source?

new topics

top topics

join