It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Revelations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
www.wake-up.org...

Says it all basically. Wormwood and everything. For those of you too lazy to interpret revelations for yourself, or for those who are confused by it (or afraid to get it wrong) here is it spelled out. All of the above link corresponds to scripture, in which they also give scripture reference.

Gods fury->

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Say something, you know you want to. 58 views and 0 replies?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1337cshacker
Say something, you know you want to. 58 views and 0 replies?

Chill man, i've made topics with 960 views and only 15 replies so chill! hate when people whine like that on ATS.....

Anyways, i do think there willl be a Great Trib. but i dont think it will be that extensive. The casualties from those calamities will kill billions. I dont think God would want to kill billions, maybe tens of millions but not that high. And i dont think that mulitiple asteroids would hit, maybe just 1, and that Wormwood would ignite the earthquakes and volcanoes.

But still, ehh, we may or may not be edging closer to the End Time, just depends on your perception of things. But the 144k spreading the word of the Gospel is interesting......

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Time has already happened, everything that will ever bejust happened, our perceptions are just not tuned to that size of the larger rate of the universe. So all in all it doesnt matter. God can be angry, man can be stupid, aliens can be benevolent or probe us. Its all meaningless as eccliastes put it.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Revelations is not a stand alone book, it is copied from far earlier writings that date back a thousand years, borrowed, stolen, plagiarized from roman and greek writings. They are part delphic oracle, part sibylline books, etc... Take the time to research where something comes from before attempting to understnad what the symbols stand for.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 1337cshacker

sorry, but your baseless assumption that your end of the world myth is true and your "warning" that it will happen really won't be messing with my day.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
God will not destroy the planet as it is unable to feel emotion. Without emotion it is not capable of 'feeling' anger...

For those of you not in the know, God is just a massive group of super charged electrons with its core at the edge of our universe.... It is capable of studying human emotion, although God is not able to understand the emotion... It is compared to a man studying a moth, we can see it flying, but we cannot fly.

God is not angry and it certainly does not want to destroy the earth.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
We are all going to die! ...No, seriously, we are. You, me, the beagle that's keeping me awake this early in the morning, all going to die (the dog might be the first to go...
). So I ask... what's the gigantic fuss for? Especially from all these people convinced that after they die they get to spend eternity in bliss?

The world would be far saner if people found things to worry about besides the inevitable. All this terror and fear and panic over the fact that we, like every other living thing, will someday lose the "living" part of that moniker. People kill each other over which religion has the right idea about the afterlife, they poison themselves to keep themselves alive, and then they kill themselves with stress about how long they might be living. Am I the only person who sees what a waste fear of death is?

So. Let the earthquakes and asteroids strike. I'll happily add my nutrients to the cyanobacterial soup that will repopulate the earth after it's all over. If this whole "soul" mess actually works, meh. I'll work it out later. Even if I were a Christian, it'd be impossible for me to swallow the idea of a loving god that gives infinite torture and pain for the crime of finite sin.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jarheadjock

Anyways, i do think there willl be a Great Trib. but i dont think it will be that extensive. The casualties from those calamities will kill billions. I dont think God would want to kill billions, maybe tens of millions but not that high. And i dont think that mulitiple asteroids would hit, maybe just 1, and that Wormwood would ignite the earthquakes and volcanoes.

But still, ehh, we may or may not be edging closer to the End Time, just depends on your perception of things. But the 144k spreading the word of the Gospel is interesting......

There are actually two tribulations. The first one is that of Satan coming to earth in the disguise of Christ. He will be very effective and most of the world will follow him. The True Christ comes after that to "judge and make war."

Wormwood is another name for Satan and means bitter. Wormwood in Russian is Chernobyl.

My belief is that we are very close to end times so keep your eyes open and be ready.....don't follow the "first" christ, wait for the true Christ.

........Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Real loving and caring creator this fellow God as described in that link and Revelations. The god I see there is more like the Devil is he not> Wrath, Anger, death and destruction. Wow nice, loving and Holy as one would expect of his father eh?

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Nice thread..I hadn't come across this link but like it very much. Too many are willing to believe every wild theory except those from the Bible. The reason for this is there is an adversary- the devil who is hard at work deceiving.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackProjects

Nice thread..I hadn't come across this link but like it very much. Too many are willing to believe every wild theory except those from the Bible. The reason for this is there is an adversary- the devil who is hard at work deceiving.

Yep, who knows, maybe the Devil inspired the writer of Revelations to write this. Perhaps the Devil inspired the Catholic church and other bible editors to remove and change the bible to his own bidding?

We just don't really know do we? No objective evidence either way. SO just take a leap and believe what ya want I guess....

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   
You are right in saying it takes "faith". I think ultimately it comes down to what you personally believe about Jesus. I don't think anyone is going to set down and systematically analyze all religions then weigh what they think is evidence side by side and make a determination if any are right/wrong or even the one for that person. Hundreds of prophecies written hundreds of years were fulfilled by one individual- Jesus. All the forces of Rome could not silence Christ or His followers. Some men will die for friend/family, some men will even die for a stranger, but very very few(maybe none) will die to propagate a lie. Thousands of Christians were torn to shreds in the colesium, burned at the stake, hung on crosses. Not just at that time but many through out history in many lands. Many prophecies relating to Isreal predicted thousands of years ago also were found true.

I don't buy the fact that Revelation/the Bible was some work of the Devil. That primarily is based on John himself. Christians believe when they become saved they are in dwelled by the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit (part of divine trinity) is greater than the Devil..That is why I don't think it could be as you say. However, the devil can certainly use most anything to deceive many. I know attacks on the Bible are one means. Good example is all books not included in canonical bible> I think that is what you mean about Catholic editors.

No we can't time travel and watch these things first hand.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Real loving and caring creator this fellow God as described in that link and Revelations. The god I see there is more like the Devil is he not> Wrath, Anger, death and destruction. Wow nice, loving and Holy as one would expect of his father eh?

He is loving and caring but He has rules.....what you do with those is your choice. If you wish to believe He is like the devil He will allow that but you are making a grave error.

............Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sigh. I really hate that this forum, intended to discuss conspiracies in religion, is nothing more but a stomping ground for the religious schizos.

Bleh.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. . . . Nothing impure will ever enter it [the holy city], nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life. . . . He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." (Matthew 5:8; Revelation 21:27, 4, insertion mine)

But every person is a sinner except for Jesus, so no one can get in...

(a) Most merciful God,
(b) we confess that we are in bondage
to sin and cannot free ourselves.
(c) We have sinned against you
in thought, word, and deed,
by what we have done,
and by what we have left undone.
We have not loved you with our whole heart.
We have not loved our neighbors as ourselves.
(d) We are truly sorry and we humbly repent.
(e) For the sake of Jesus Christ,
have mercy on us.
Forgive us, renew us, and lead us,
(f) so that we may delight in your will,
and follow in your ways,
(g) to the glory of your name. Amen.1

also, if we read the bible we know diving (including making prophecies) is a sin.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whirlwind

You realize you worship an extortionist, right? The basic tenet is that, from the moment of your conception, you have been damned by god, and only through worshipping hte god that damned you, will you be "Saved"?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 04:34 AM
link   
God has never killed anything, although it did fend off a rebellion by an alien known as lucifer.

God is a machine that works a six day week. It is incapable of emotion and never willingly acts in an aggresive way.

Only out of self defence.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Mr. Lizard

God has never killed anything, although it did fend off a rebellion by an alien known as lucifer.

God is a machine that works a six day week. It is incapable of emotion and never willingly acts in an aggresive way.

Only out of self defence.

God has caused death to many ( death in flesh bodies ) but there were always reasons, usually accompanied with warnings. No soul has ever been killed. There is one named soul that has been condemned to death - Satan, along with his unnamed fallen angels but that execution hasn't taken place yet..... All souls still live.

I agree with the "out of self defence" statement. He stops those that work against His saving plan. He wants as many as will to come to repentance and be saved.

God is not a machine and He is filled with emotion. He is jealous, He hates, He loves, He takes revenge.

Deteronomy 4:24 For the LORD thy God is a consuming fire, even a jealous GOD.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 9:13 As it is written, "Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

......Whirlwind

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think we must be talking about a different God.

My god is sexless, has no emotions and its power far exceeds the words in a dated book.

I think the 'Satan' you refer to is actually the entity Lucifer, which isn't a devil but a fallen 'angel' (a being that exists in a pocket dimension that behaves in similar ways to light - although far more intelligent).

God has fought off other would be rivals, but inflicted no harm.... Just cast them out into a subplane (like hades or hell for instance)...

The deaths on earth are a result of war (usually down to religion or territory) or disease, God played no part in that.... that was mankind and mother nature (a seperate entity that control the forces of the weather and such, some believe she lives in the moon - and she is a very posessive, jealous being).

'It' (God) also switches off on a Sunday (according to a book I once read).

[edit on 14-10-2007 by mr-lizard]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join