It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extraterestrial Entities: Friend or Foe?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SevenThunders

Nope. They mean us dire harm but are restrained by a higher power. The earth is behind enemy lines and the 'visitors' (most of whom are probably terrestrial in origin anyway) mean us evil. They are primarily used for disinformation purposes.

I think this website gets the closest to the truth.
www.alienresistance.org...

wow you're dumb...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
are we all forgetting about "Cone Heads"????

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Earth and it's "animal" populations are simply a resource to be tapped by ET. We Homo Sapiens sapiens (Humanunnaki) are special in that we are related to some of the ETs (read Zecharia Sitchin's works) so we cannot be "touched" except clandestinely/illegally (that's why they attempt to erase our memory of events). ETs are of many flavors but they are all capitalists just as are our own political systems all capitalistic. Democracy is at one end of the capitalistic spectrum in that "profit" is allowed to soak longer at the base levels of the population before bubbling up through the different human levels before reaching its upper limit (ET speculators). The fastest track through the human levels is communism where the lowest human levels of the population are simply slaves receiving no salary ("profit"). The ETs are still mining for gold here. Their methods have evolved, that's all. Why do you think we went off the gold standard? Why do you think we've become so interested in speculating on diamonds? Because ET doesn't want them, that's why.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee

Originally posted by SevenThunders
Nope. They mean us dire harm but are restrained by a higher power. The earth is behind enemy lines and the 'visitors' (most of whom are probably terrestrial in origin anyway) mean us evil. They are primarily used for disinformation purposes.

I think this website gets the closest to the truth.
www.alienresistance.org...

Oh yeah, that website isn't plagued with religious propaganda or anything.

If it's true then it's not propaganda
. As it stands I find it telling that there are so many cases where alien abductions were thwarted by invoking the name of Jesus Christ. They have over 50 cases of this documented at that website. Now what does that tell you? It tells me that the 'alien' phenomenon is primarily spiritual and demonic. It is a deception that gets exposed when confronted by the Lord of the Universe. It should also tell you that perhaps Jesus Christ isn't the fairy tale that government controlled education informed you he was.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well, If i decided to kidnap someone, and I tried to take them away...and while im doing this the victim decides to just randomly scream out JESUS CHRIST i would be like, "??? well, I've caught me a loonie" and leave him or her alone.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I personally don't view them as being hostile. I think most of the theories I come across about aliens are ridiculous... They may not necessarily be benevolent either. From what I have read and heard, they seem to be somewhat detached and indifferent, really.

I think they view us as more of an oddity than anything else.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I personally think that, as a few others have mentioned, the fact that the powers that be make such movies as the Predator and Aliens should shed some light on the subject. Anything that the powers that be want us to fear or hate is probably good, that which they want us to like and cherish, in all likelihood, is bad. ...

After all, the powers that be shed a negative light on things which oppose them.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Maybe instead of developing weapons, the 'aliens' put all of their resources, economical or otherwise to work to build interstellar or interplanetary travel. I mean, the aliens could be the 'supreme being' and have no use for war and weapons, as their civilization is older than ours and philosophies have grown. (Well, it would have to be unless they use some sort of FTL - faster than light - travel.)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Humans are just another life-form that can breed and multiply at a whim. The real treasure is our planet itself - water alone in this kind of abundance would be enough to make any alien species take notice. If there are groups out there the one thing they would be keeping any eye on is whether or not we will ruin our planet - and a species like that would think in the long term so even nuclear annihilation would only mean waiting several hundred thousand years for things to settle.

Water, foilage, minerals (although those are probably easier to get from smaller planets and asteroid belts) and meat - those are the currencies that our planet present to any threat out there. For all we know our planet is simply a marked territory of resources waiting to be plundered when they require what we have.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
IF there are aliens out there that are taking some interest in Earth, then it's for their own ends and not ours.

Consider how we treat less "developed" life forms like elephants. We know that these creatures have some intelligence, and emotions. Some humans protect and care for them, trying to keep them safe. Other humans use them as beasts of burden, and while not overly abusive of their property, certainly exploit them. Then you have the poachers who slaughter them for their tusks.

The endless reaches of space and even various dimensions may be very much like this. Some ETs could be peaceful and benevolent, while others could be murderous. Some could want to preserve us while others want to enslave us. We could be in the way of some form of "developement", and a legal and moral argument be ongoing somewhere that will decide our destiny.

It seems unlikely that there is any one mindset towards us, just as there is no one mindset towards the elephant population. Some ETs could try to give our leaders better weapons in the hope that we blow ourselves to Hell, and the preoperty can be developed as an alien amusement park. Others, the Seirra Club type, could be trying to protect us in our native environment, like the spotted owl.

We need to take the decision out of their tenticles by developing space flight and the ability to relocate to a safer place if need be. As long as we are earthbound, we are at the whim of forces that we cannot control.

Now I'm NOT saying that I'm sure ET is here, or even has been here. But in the vastness of the cosmos, it seems reasonable that ET exists. And the day may well come, sooner or later, when we need to be able to chose our own destiny, and not have it chosen for us..

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by omi_kron_gravitron

To what end would an alien species want an understanding of the anatomy and physiology of homo sapiens. We study other terrestrial species' A&P because many are closely related to us in some way; We study others to discover how best to exploit them. Do we study marine biology because fish are neat and interesting (some folks do) or because they are tasty and we don't want to run out of them?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join