It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Meets NY Rabbis, Receives Silver Grail As Sign Of Friendship

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The Iranian President has met with a Group of Jewish Rabbis in New York. They gave him a Silver as a sign of trust and friendship.

www.president.ir...

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Monday afternoon met with a group of Jewish rabbis who gave him a silver grail as a sign of friendship. The president is currently in New York to address the United Nations General Assembly.

The rabbis carried a placard which read, "I am Jewish not a Zionist."
A senior rabbi of the group said that they considered the visit to New York of President Ahmadinejad as an exceptional opportunity and would never forget it.

More at source....

The scene changes when its Anti-Zionist Jews and Iran. Today there are 25,000+ Jews who live in Iran. Israel and Zionist groups have offered huge compensation for them if they move to Israel. But they are all Sephardic so they don't want to move to Israel. There they would be discriminated against under law. They would rather stay where they have more rights....

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   

www.nypost.com...

September 25, 2007 -- Before he dodged questions at Columbia University yesterday, Holocaust denier Mahmoud Ahmadinejad met with a group of old friends - about a dozen Israel-bashing rabbis.
The rabbis, part of the organization Jews United Against Zionism, spoke with Ahmadinejad for a little more than an hour at the Intercontinental Hotel, where the firebrand Iranian president is staying.
The overwhelming message he gave is that he likes the Jewish people, but Zionism is an evil concept, said Rabbi Yisroel Dovid Weiss after the meeting. Hes not anti-Semitic, he just wants to get rid of Zionism and the state of Israel.
Weiss believes that only God can create a Jewish homeland.
Before the meeting, the Axis of Evil leader told The Post his wish to pay his respects at Ground Zero was sincere.
Its unfortunate that they wont allow me at Ground Zero, the president told The Post, through his interpreter. All I wanted to do was go down and pay homage to the people that lost their lives.
This was the third meeting the group has had with Ahmadinejad. They met with him in New York last year and attended his Holocaust-denying conference in Iran.
The rabbis presented Ahmadinejad with a large silver fruit bowl inscribed with the message: We present this as a token of our appreciation for his sweetness and love of the Jewish people and all mankind.

I guess we need one from the other side too

I love this line...

Hes not anti-Semitic, he just wants to get rid of Zionism and the state of Israel.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Xtrozero]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Hes not anti-Semitic, he just wants to get rid of Zionism and the state of Israel.

That's pretty much how I read what he said. He has no problem with Jews, he has a HUGE problem with Zionism.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

And what would be so wrong with that? Israel is an illegitimate racist state.

It would be far better for the Zionist State to create a constitution and give equal rights to all.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

They don't have a constitution?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I guess we need one from the other side too

I love this line...

Same could be said of Israel... And what of the Palestinians? Here in the US, we conveniently sweep all mention of the Palestinians under the carpet. We here rhetoric about how oppressed Israel is, but ignore the hardships of the Palestinians. If one is open minded enough to see that maybe, just maybe he has a reason to feel the way he does about Israel, one might be inclined to do some research on the topic. If one were to research the topic, one might find that his views have a strong foundation in fact. Remember, there are at least two sides to every conflict. How can anyone determine which side is morally and ethically "right" if they only hear one side? Since WWII, US Administrations have made sure that American society is only aware of one side of this conflict.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malichai

And what would be so wrong with that? Israel is an illegitimate racist state.

It would be far better for the Zionist State to create a constitution and give equal rights to all.

Ok so let me get this right, you would like to see Israel dissolved because thery are illegitimate even though they came about their independence the same way as Jordan, Syria, Iraq and a few other countries did, but those other countries are ok.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Israel did not receive 'independence' the same way.

The Arab States had monarchies imposed. In the case of Israel the Mandate expired and at midnight a small group of Jews declared 'indpendence'. And there has never been a referendum or a constitution even though the DoI calls for it.

I would like to see the current state evolve into one with a constitution, a bill of rights that includes equal rights for all, and defined borders. Peace treaties for all their neighbors would be nice.

As it stands Israel is a constitutionless state that picked up the pen when the British dropped it.

I suggest you do some more research on the history and the politics. And don't rely on Zionist sources alone. They lie and tell half truths on almost every issue.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Malichai]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

The Arab States had monarchies imposed. In the case of Israel the Mandate expired and at midnight a small group of Jews declared 'indpendence'. And there has never been a referendum or a constitution even though the DoI calls for it.

I would like to see the current state evolve into one with a constitution, a bill of rights that includes equal rights for all, and defined borders. Peace treaties for all their neighbors would be nice.

As it stands Israel is a constitutionless state that picked up the pen when the British dropped it.

The UN 1947 Partition Plan asked for two states, one Jewish State and one Palestinian State. Has nothing to do with what kind of govt. system they want. Since the Arabs don't care about what kind of govt. system the Jews are going to adopt, since they view Jews as outsiders and don't belong there anyways hence the Arab-Israel war on the day Jews declared independence.

Not to mention the Brits gave up on the Mandate anyways.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtrozero

So do these monarchies have constitutions, bill of rights, equal rights for all?

"Politics of Israel takes place in a framework of a parliamentary representative democratic republic, whereby the Prime Minister of Israel is the head of government, and of a pluriform multi-party system. Executive power is exercised by the government. Legislative power is vested in the Knesset. The Judiciary is independent of the executive and the legislature. The political system of the State of Israel and its main principles are set out in 11 Basic Laws." from wiki

Call it a “constitution” or “basic laws” it is the same thing. I do not think you have a leg to stand on other than your negative emotions towards them.

When you say a "small group of Jews" you need to look at all the populations. In the area of the Palestine state there were 100,000 Arabs and 25,000 Jews. Between 1880 and 1948 under British rule immigrations on both side increased the populations to 1.3 million Arabs and 650,000 Jews. The splitting of the area into 75% Arab and 25% Jewish I would say was rather fair, and to further consider the 75% is now Jordan with its HUGE oil reserves I would say the Arabs by far got the best part of the deal, and so both countries are either legit or not by your logic.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

The UN General Assembly Partition plan was never more than that, a plan.

It was suggestions that could have been implemented by the Security Council. But it never was.

Please, research the history better, and don't use Zionist sources alone.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   

The UN General Assembly Partition plan was never more than that, a plan

It was suggestions that could have been implemented by the Security Council. But it never was.

If I remember correctly the UN voted for that plan. The Arabs got pissed.

Please, research the history better, and don't use Zionist sources alone.

You assume that I use Zionist sources, or maybe you think you are better than everyone else and know everything.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
And what of the Palestinians? Here in the US, we conveniently sweep all mention of the Palestinians under the carpet. We here rhetoric about how oppressed Israel is, but ignore the hardships of the Palestinians.

I’m not sure what is fair here for the Arab world has done little to help the 9 million Palestine people in their countries or the 900k in the Gaza strip and since Jordan was first the Arab Palestine before it became Jordan then maybe they should help, but in reality no Arab country wants them since the 800,000 were just refugees in the first place that made a home in the Jewish Palestine land WITH Israel’s approval.

When you look at what is fair, Israel gave back to Egypt a huge chunk of land rich in oil and just recently moved ALL Jewish settlements out of the Gaza strip and with the passing of government control over to the Palestine, the Hamas has taken over the government only to continue to not only fight Israel but each other. We are also talking about a 25 mile by 6 mile strip of land and to make that a country is a joke. Just looking at the map it should have always been Israel’s territory, and those refugees should have been moved to jordan, but that was a mistake the jew are continully paying for today.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So do these monarchies have constitutions, bill of rights, equal rights for all?

Yes. Not all remained monarchies. Some overthrew the installed regimes, like Iran.

Call it a “constitution” or “basic laws” it is the same thing. I do not think you have a leg to stand on other than your negative emotions towards them.

Please use source tags and include a link when quoting outside sources.

A constitution and 'basic laws' are not the same thing. And there is a very good reason they did it this way. They don't intend to end up with a democracy.

The government is illegitimate. There has never been a referendum. The current government is PROVISIONAL. Please read the IoD.

www.yale.edu...

Declaration of Israel's Independence 1948

WE DECLARE that, with effect from the moment of the termination of the Mandate being tonight, the eve of Sabbath, the 6th Iyar, 5708 (15th May, 1948), until the establishment of the elected, regular authorities of the State in accordance with the Constitution which shall be adopted by the Elected Constituent Assembly not later than the 1st October 1948, the People's Council shall act as a Provisional Council of State, and its executive organ, the People's Administration, shall be the Provisional Government of the Jewish State, to be called "Israel".

BTW- Wiki is a Zionist site. Don't trust that what they say is complete.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
If I remember correctly the UN voted for that plan. The Arabs got pissed.

The UN has several parts. The part of the UN that voted for the partition plan, resolution 181, was the General Assembly. This was no more than reccomendations to the Security Council. The GA did not have the power to implement the solution.

BEFORE the UNSC did anything about it the Mandate expired. The Creation of Israel did not happen under a UN Resolution. It was a piece of paper signed by a small group of Jews.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   

BTW- Wiki is a Zionist site. Don't trust that what they say is complete.

I prefer scholarly sources whenever possible.

pao.chadwyck.com...

Something like this. Or other categories linked to my university library online articles.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

A constitution and 'basic laws' are not the same thing. And there is a very good reason they did it this way. They don't intend to end up with a democracy.

You my friend just want to see things in a very narrow view to the point I would need to get my information from an Iranian web site to get away from all your Zionist sites.

It is rather obvious by your views you are completely against anything Israel stands for, and so I do not think we will get anywhere with our debate. The funny part is I’m not really for or against them, but I just look at both sides of the issue and make a call.

You know there are a number of other countries that use Basic Laws as their constitution one of those is Germany. After WWII West Germany adopted Basic Laws and said they were going to make a constitution once the country was reunited again. When they did reunite they decided just to stay with the basic laws, so you better add them to your illegitimate country list too.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You my friend just want to see things in a very narrow view to the point I would need to get my information from an Iranian web site to get away from all your Zionist sites.

My perspective is very wide and my understanding far deeper than I cound convince you of. But this thread is not about me or Israel or the Palestinians, etc....

And there are plenty of sites that show opposing views and different perspectives on the history, that are not Iranian or Arab or even Muslim.

It is rather obvious by your views you are completely against anything Israel stands for, and so I do not think we will get anywhere with our debate.

What is wrong with being against discrimination, illegitimacy, occupation and repression?

I fully support Israel behind the Green Line in compliance with all international law under a constitution approved by the people in a referendum that gives equal rights for all. Or a single state with the same things.

Some hater I am.....

The funny part is I’m not really for or against them, but I just look at both sides of the issue and make a call.

Me too.

You know there are a number of other countries that use Basic Laws as their constitution one of those is Germany. After WWII West Germany adopted Basic Laws and said they were going to make a constitution once the country was reunited again. When they did reunite they decided just to stay with the basic laws, so you better add them to your illegitimate country list too.

Germany is still occupied. They are not free. Neither is Japan or South Korea. And some others too. There may be an elected government but it is not the administrator of the STATE.

Its legitimacy comes from the occupying power after being defeated in war.

The Israeli entity came into being after an occupational mandate expired under the legitimacy of the Jewish only leaders who signed the DoI.

The two situations do not compare. And yes, I would prefer that Germany had a constitution, one that freed them.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I’m not sure what is fair here for the Arab world has done little to help the 9 million Palestine people in their countries

They have done far more than Israel, who drove them from their homes in fear then refused to allow them to return, then stole their land in the absentee property law. The Arabs have given them a home and never ended their call for Israel to allow them to return.

or the 900k in the Gaza strip

Israel is still occupying Gaza. Israel is blocking aide from Arabs. Why do you try to blame Arabs for what Israel is doing?

and since Jordan was first the Arab Palestine before it became Jordan then maybe they should help,

They have helped. But they are not the ones occupying. Israel is.

but in reality no Arab country wants them since the 800,000 were just refugees in the first place

'just refugees'? After the war they were no longer refugees. They were exiled Palestinians that Israel refused to allow return, even in the face of a UN resolution calling for just that.

The Arabs don't want Israel to do what they did. You try to link it back to them as being in the wrong, but why aren't they at their homeland? Because of Israeli racism and religious discrimination. All the jews and more were allowed to return.....

that made a home in the Jewish Palestine land WITH Israel’s approval.

So what if Israel approved? The other people didn't.

When you look at what is fair, Israel gave back to Egypt a huge chunk of land rich in oil

The land that was taken in the 1967 Israeli Sneak Attack, Operation Focus?

Thats like Defending Saddam by saying he gave back Kuwait.

and just recently moved ALL Jewish settlements out of the Gaza strip
All the settlements were illegal to begin with.

and with the passing of government control over to the Palestine,

But they did not have control over the Israeli occupational army, their borders, their airspace, their sea space, etc... They are still subject to Israeli military occupational law and courts.

the Hamas has taken over the government

They were elected to office, then Israel attacked the Democratically elected government!

only to continue to not only fight Israel but each other.

Hamas had a ceasefire for almost 18 months before Israel began their attacks on them.

We are also talking about a 25 mile by 6 mile strip of land and to make that a country is a joke.

If its so small then get out and give it all back. Or annex and give everyone equal rights. Perpetual occupation is not acceptable.

Just looking at the map it should have always been Israel’s territory,

But its not. Sour grapes? If you looked at the partition map you might understand better.

and those refugees should have been moved to jordan, but that was a mistake the jew are continully paying for today.

Mass ethnic cleansing? And why? So that Israel could have the land?

And you say you try to be fair.....

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
We are also talking about a 25 mile by 6 mile strip of land and to make that a country is a joke.

Are you thinking that they want Gaza only as a nation?

NO! Gaza and the West Bank together as one nation. Or a single nation with a referendum and constitution.

Perpetual occupation is not acceptable, especially considering it began with the Israeli Sneak Attack. Occupation for generations is not self-defense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join