It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.C. mom scoops al-Qaida with its videos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   

S.C. mom scoops al-Qaida with its videos

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Once her son is off to school, Laura Mansfield settles in at her dining room table with her laptop and begins trolling Arabic-language message boards and chat rooms popular with jihadists.

Fluent in Arabic, the self-employed terror analyst often hacks into the sites, translates the material, puts it together and sends her analysis via a subscription service to intelligence agencies, law enforcement and academics.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Removed copy/paste over the 500 character limit.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wow she is very helpful protecting the country she loves, especially for her family if not for the govt. You could discuss about the old days when people suspicious of Communism and people who are supposedly related to it, but this is about Islamic terrorism and usually you don't expect many Americans to be in those forums talking about Jihad unless you really want to be America's enemy and target Americans.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Well what a true American hero I hope Bush give her a medal of honor and a nice good job with one of his corporate Friends.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Last time I checked accessing a unathorized computer was in direct violation of the computer crimes act title 18 part 1 charpter 47.This lady is not a patriot she is a criminal.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rootlevelaccess
Last time I checked accessing a unathorized computer was in direct violation of the computer crimes act title 18 part 1 charpter 47.This lady is not a patriot she is a criminal.

Good thing we have people like you watching out for the rights of the murderers of thousands of innocent people.

I hope you still feel that way when a member of your family is targeted.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If you break the law you are a criminal , plain and simple..Thats what we have federal agencies for.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Unfortunately, even so, unless they have committed an actual crime they must be treated with the same rights we all have, if we make exceptions for anyone, regardless of how evil they are, this only opens up doors for the future, for one day we ourselves could be the exception.

reply to post by rootlevelaccess

Federal agencies have no constitutional authority within the several states, any law they execute must pertain to those they are authorized to execute via the constitution.
The only power the Federal government has regarding crime which is constitutional via congress simply put, is very very limited.

read the constitution.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Why are you giving her so much praise?Do you know of any crime she ever stopped?

She's fishy in my mind,always the very first one to get all the terror tapes.hmmm even before the goverment.Hell she probably help the goverment make them...er did I say that out loud?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   
www4.law.cornell.edu...

having obtained information that has been determined by the United States Government pursuant to an Executive order or statute to require protection against unauthorized disclosure......

This section does not prohibit any lawfully authorized investigative, protective, or intelligence activity of a law enforcement agency of the United States, a State, or a political subdivision of a State, or of an intelligence agency of the United States.

i dont think the our government is going to offer protection against unauthorized disclosure for these[discussed] forums...

top topics

join