It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Haven't I Ever Seen a UFO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Okay - so I'm impatient. After decades of watching the skies in rural and city sites (I move a lot) I have never, not once, ever seen a UFO. I want to see one but I cannot. I believe they are there and I have, on occasion, woken up with strange marks on my body that I have shown people and they have been amazed - perfect squares and triangles of dots and strange bulls-eye marks that indicate "vascular damage" and cannot be explained - so my Medical Doctor says while barely containing his "freak-out". I have read about UFO's all my reading life and I know they exist but I just can NOT find any. I live in South-Western Ontario, Canada - do UFO's not like it here? Are they invisible to me? Why can I not see what I so badly want to see?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Because you're smart enough to realize that the bright light you saw was just a reflection off your windshield.

Or an airplane.

Or one of the other millions of normal illusions that can fool the unskeptical.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker_1
Okay - so I'm impatient. After decades of watching the skies in rural and city sites (I move a lot) I have never, not once, ever seen a UFO. I want to see one but I cannot.

really? so you are now telling us, in complete honesty, that whenever you see anything at all in the sky, any time of day / night, you can immediately recognize it?

There has never been a time you saw something, but didn't know what it was?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I've seen a UFO. Have no idea if it was a plane or helicopter or balloon or a bunch of joyriding punks from Andromeda. Never saw one before, never seen one since.

Is there a reason you want to see a UFO? Do you want a particular grade of an encounter? I only ask this because I cannot think how my UFO experience adds to my life except for being able to post about it in the ATS forum.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I've never seen a UFO, by definition.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I personally have seen 5. this on i'll mention was out in the open not kidding. it was seen at the same time by a friend on the opposite side of town. a purple fireball zipping across the sky 300 ft off the ground.. i got to work amazed had not said a thing when my coworker said.."did you see that!" and described the same event.

all my sightings are of that quality. the sighting is not to help you though. most real good sightings are by complete accident.. that way you don't read to much into an incident that could simply be normal, as it often is on nuforc.. the international space station.. the most misreported ufo out there.

ever look at those 3d picture inside a picture things.. where it only works when you relax your eyes.. thats the only advice i have probably not worth much. oh that and when you do see one. the only people who will believe you are people who have also seen.. good luck!

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   
If you find a bullseye mark on you then maybe it was limes disease. That is the marking one gets after being bit by a deer tick which has limes disease.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
[really? so you are now telling us, in complete honesty, that whenever you see anything at all in the sky, any time of day / night, you can immediately recognize it?

My sentiments exactly.

A close friend of mine is a "birder". You know, a bird watcher. One day I was sitting in her back yard. My friends back yard is in a clearing surrounded by a rather heavily treed area. She has numerous bird feeders which were attracting an assortment of birds. Birds.

Suddenly she pointed and said "quick! hand me my binoculars." I tried to follow her finger to where she was pointing. She said that she believed that she saw a Pileated Woodpecker. I looked and looked. Yes, I saw some birds. There were a few flying about. She asked me if I could see it? I probably said yes but, to tell the truth, I didn't know what I was seeing. All I saw were, well, birds.

The point of the little story I just told (true, I might add) is that sometimes you can't see the woodpecker for the birds. We are so used to seeing things in the sky that often we don't pay attention. Not a day goes by that I don't see airplanes, jets and, of course, contrails. But, to tell the truth, I don't always identify what planes I see.

Was that a 737? Was that a military cargo plane? Was that a Piper Cub? God! I don't know. I really wasn't paying any attention. To be frank, that's what most people do -- or don't do. Most people simply don't pay attention to what they are seeing -- especially in the sky.

On any given day, we see all sorts of air traffic. Planes of all types fly over our heads and unless there is something special about the objects that we see, we probably don't give them a second thought. Our minds have been "trained" to spot, identify and sort out the the things we see and, for the most part, the things we do see in the sky is quickly "identified" as just another airplane. It's as simple as that.

I would imagine that most UFO's remain that way because most people simply do not notice things that can be easily classified by our minds. Unless an object is performing unusual aerial acrobatics or flashing rows of colored lights, would anyone really even register an object in the sky as something "not normal"?

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I never Saw a UFO but I met a Ghost in my life once.

This event has forever changed me.

Let me tell you going into a abanded physco ward from the 20's at midnight is a very bad idea.

I can Give you Directions for this experiance if you wish to travel it.

[edit on 18-9-2007 by infamouskiller]

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have spent many hours stargazing. I'm far from being a trained astronomer or, for that matter, even a hobbyist. I just like looking at the stars. In all those hours of deliberate, concerted viewing I have never seen something that could not be readily explained away. But then, I really didn't see anything that even needed explaining.

This is not say that I have never seen a UFO. I've seen two. Both were definitely UFOs. That is to say, they were unidentified flying objects.

The first was at night -- a crisp, clear autumn night. I was with a group of friends and we were just leaving a movie theater (This was the early '80s and we had just seen, ironically enough, "Battlestar Galactica" ). It was around 11:30 pm and we walked along a fairly busy thoroghfare, though, at that time, traffic was rather light.

As we walked along, we began to discuss "how cool" it would be to actually see a UFO. That's when we spotted "it".

"It" was really nothing more than a number of "lights in the sky". There were two red lights and two white lights. There was no way to discern anything else about "it". As I said, "it" was nothing more than four lights in the sky.

Keeping in mind that there was an airport on the other side of town, we were ready to dismiss the object with nothing more than a timely laugh and a casual shrug. It might very well have been a plane except these lights made a 90 degree turn! That certainly caught our attention.

The object would travel slowly across the sky for a minute or two. Then, suddenly, it would turn sharply, in a right angle and then proceed, slowly, for another minute or two. It meandered in this fashion for about fifteen or twenty minutes. We just all stood there and stared.

We even pointed the object out to several people who happened to be walking by at the time. They saw it too! We stood and watched the object until it "zig-zagged" outside of our field of vision.

We had seen something. I can't explain it but I can't call it a "flying saucer". I don't know what to call it. All I know is that it was an unidentified flying object.

My second observation came in broad daylight. It was a very bright day, as a matter of fact. Again, I was walking down the street approaching a busy intersection. In fact, that day it was really quite busy.

I don't know why I looked up and I don't really know why I gave the object a second glance. I could have easily dismissed it out of hand. But I did look up and I did give "it" a second glance.

All it really took was a moment of "really" looking at the object before I realized that I didn't quite understand, exactly, what it was that I was looking at. The only way that I could describe it was that it was black -- really black. It almost seemed to "suck" in the light around it. It's difficult to explain but it was very black.

But the object was rather high up. It appeared to be at the altitude that one would typically see passenger jets flyiing. You know, 20,000 feet? The objects altitude and even its' shape was not readily discernible. All I know is that it seemed to hang in the sky. It was moving but not very quickly.
Again, what made this object "special" was the way it did not reflect light. On days this bright and clear, typically, one would see reflection and one could easily make out the shape of the aircraft. Not in this case. All the unidentified flying object that I saw was an elongated black blob -- an unnaturally black object that moved slowly across the sky.

Again, though there were dozens of vehicles around, only one other person seemed to have noticed this object. A person in a vehicle, stopped at the light, looked at me after looking up at the object. The man asked me if I knew what that "thing" was in the sky? I simply shook my head. He shook his head too and then drove off when the light changed.

I watched the object until it moved out of my field of view. It took about five minutes. During that time, the light had changed a number of times and quite a number of people had the opportunity to see this object. Perhaps some did and I didn't notice. Perhaps some did see the object and they simply did not "notice" that they had seen anything special. Maybe they were too preoccupied with driving or their cell phones or just with their day?

I think that many of us have seen "something" that we may or not have noted as being special. Maybe we just didn't pay them enough attention or give them that "second glance". But I believe that many of us have, indeed, seen "something" that we simply could not explain away.

[edit on 9/19/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
i could give 2 main reasons for that:

1- Your health is ok, good vision etc..

2- You're living in an area were there is no military base

i never seen one myself so don't trip, just watch X-files sit back & relax

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
really? so you are now telling us, in complete honesty, that whenever you see anything at all in the sky, any time of day / night, you can immediately recognize it?

Yes. So far it was all identified. Let me explain.

I'm an avid stargazer since I was young, so I'm aware of most constellations, and meteor shower events in my area. But most days here in Malaysia there's thick cloud-cover, so I can't stargaze every night. Also since I was young, my dad (who is an aeronautical engineer) has thought me which commercial airliner is which. He can even identify them by their engine roar. And birds are, well, obviously bird-like.

I'm willing to concede that I might actually have seen an unidentified object, but it didn't register in my brain. The thing is, I can't recall any such thing happening.

The one time I thought I saw a UFO, it was immediately identified by my cousin who was with me at that time. It was one of those Chinese floating lanterns they float 15 days after their new year, a time called Chap Goh Meh.

So, no UFOs yet, sadly.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I wish the UFOs would abduct all the trolls on this forum, but thats just a personal opinion. I see an increasing amount of rather silly questions being asked which to me seem to be mocking the forum and point of the site.
There I did'nt just do a one line response either.

[edit on 19-9-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thinker_1

Funnily enough there is another thread here that claims where you live is a UFO hotspot.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who knows man. Perhaps you should try going to James Gilliland's ranch if it is really tearing you up inside. He guarantees you'll see one iirc. He also doesn't charge for you to crash at his house or pitch a tent in his yard so that's an avenue for you to explore.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
No - its not tearing me up inside, but with all the reports of sightings I'm beginning to feel weird that I haven't seen one. Yes, I do want to - hell I'd jump aboard if they let me - maybe. I would just once like to see something I can't identify so I could believe because, "I want to believe". And, no, I have NEVER seen anything in the sky I could not identify, perhaps not by name, but by class at least.

new topics

top topics

join