It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not cool to believe...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In response to a comment in another thread "seek higher enlightenment, do not seek Christianity". That sums up what was written, my mind gave me this in response.

We do not seek the pale shine of mortal man. For man was wrought by the power of Gods hand, so I seek the one who made my marrow, made the dinosaur, gave flight to the sparrow. At the core of all knowledge, you think there is wisdom. The two are quite different, take notice of the schism. Man and God separated quite early, then Christ, he came, gave us life assuredly.

I deny not, many theories of "how" it came to be. God simply remains at the helm of them all...

You cease to disprove him, I cease to prove. But what is proof, maybe it's in front of your eye.

PROOF:
The evidence that compels the mind to accept an assertion as true.

Look at the world then look in yourself, who is the maker that granted your health. Who is the keeper that assembled your mass, who is the engineer, causing skies to pass. "It is science!" They say, but who are they kidding, The laws of the universe... They had to be written.

You can take all as proof, or you can wander. It sounds cooler to "wander" though. A nomadic mystic in the void... ahhh what enters his mind... but alas, his days are up, GOD spilt his cup.

A blow to the ego, surrender your pride, you've received so much from it, a bright light in the mind. I am a believer and you count me out, say I'm not gifted enough to see why you doubt.

I tell you today, and I'll proclaim tomorrow, I know more than I say, and I say...

Jesus took my sorrow.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Bro, you are so right.

Being a Christian these days is SO unpopular. So uncool.

Because the second anyone hears that you practice, they immediately think you're against abortion, that you vote republican, that you're a bible thumper, a conservative, even a religious fundamentalist, or someone looking to convert them, even if you dont ever speak on that topic. They assume all this from the negative portrayals of us, but also even more so from the actual christian evangelical fundamentalists like Jerry Fallwell, Pat Robertson, Bush, etc.

Even though we all know Bush participates in Babylonian Moloch worship at Bohemian Grove once a year.

posted on Sep, 18 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Its because we are in the last age of evil. Whats good in say the 60s is ridiculous now, and whats evil today like an arrogant prideful lustful cursing persona is (cool)

Its just a form of hardcoreness and rebellion.

Also peoples minds are darkended with no understanding, so, they somehow find God and worship boring.

I couldnt imagine life without God, and his joy and innocence.

I think women should cover themselves, yet today im looked on as a lunitic, which is what God told us we would be called always.

I cant wait until he comes back soon.

peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thanks for posting depth om! Your wisdom will shine threw the darkness that surrounds us all!! One candle lite in the dark, helps us all see what is going on! Keep on writting and keep on sharing!
There are those who listen, and some who wont..
Yet the light that makes your thoughts, will bring you happiness!
I think you have a good message..
What works for some, will not work for others..

Just aslong as you are happy, and can understand what true love is..
then thats all you need really need in this life.

God to some is what God is.. To some God is what everything is..

Whatever works! Whatever sends love and protrays happiness is key.

No killing, no stealing.. Treat others how you wish to be treated.. its simple really..

[edit on 19-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Christianity was not meant to make people cool or not, it was a way to touch our spiritual side. It is a way to connect with God, and Jesus, through love and devotion. Yes people might not think we are "cool" but so what?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

if it's not cool to believe... then why do so many athletes thank god for their victories?
why do so many people receiving awards thank god?

your argument also falls flat because a recent study showed that only 45% of americans would consider voting an atheist president...
if they're so against believing, why are they so against those that don't believe?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

if it's not cool to believe... then why do so many athletes thank god for their victories?

I think we are forgetting that some people are truly humble. And it is against their nature to thank themselves for their accomplishments. Considering how an athlete scores a touchdown on his own skills. Its sad that these people can't reject the humble pie and take pride in themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Yes you are right.

I was implying that the religion of self, is "cooler", more popular, more desirable than giving your self up.

To alot of people, Christians are seen as gullible sheep, blindly following their church or preacher. But they don't understand. We do not all fit in the mold the public eye creates for us. If there's one thing I detest, it's generalization.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

You missed it. How many athletes thank Christ? People getting awards? It's okay to say "thank God" -- that's generic. It's when you say you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior that you get your mike pulled, where you get turned off and possibly suspended, where the cameras look for someone else, where you get booed or patiently endured until someone enlightened can be made the focus.

Tell me, Madness, or even better yet, tell yourself, are you not smarter, wiser, more logical, unbiased and more capable of reasonable thought than all of us Christians?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Tell me, Madness, or even better yet, tell yourself, are you not smarter, wiser, more logical, unbiased and more capable of reasonable thought than all of us Christians?

What's with the personal attack on Madness?

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I didn't intend for it to be a personal attack, and if it was taken in that context I apologize. I intended for it to be a legitimate question for him to ask himself. If he does feel that way, it would indicate to him in his own mind, at least, that there could be validity to the original post. If, on the other hand, he does not feel that way, the point is moot.

I know that I had a feeling of smugness and condescension whenever I'd talk to a Christian back in the day because I knew I was all those things I listed, though I didn't consciously realize it.

So again, it was not meant as a personal attack but a legitimate question, and I do apologize if it came across as otherwise.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
You missed it. How many athletes thank Christ?

plenty. i remember the entire offense of the st. louis rams thanking your deity of choice throughout their 99 season.

People getting awards?

yes. "i'd like to thank almighty god" etc etc, you hear it all the time.

It's okay to say "thank God" -- that's generic. It's when you say you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior that you get your mike pulled, where you get turned off and possibly suspended,

ok, you're talking about school here... and they wouldn't get the mike pulled unless they're preaching. if they talk about their personal beliefs they won't

...i was more talking popular award shows, a place where the cultural memes that become "cool" are displayed frequently. i hear many people receiving awards thanking jesus.

where the cameras look for someone else, where you get booed or patiently endured until someone enlightened can be made the focus.

oh, get off it. you christians act like these things happen all the time, the only places they happen are in places you shouldn't be doing it. like at a public school.

not one bit. you just seem to block out logic and reason from this one particular set of beliefs you hold. you're compartmentalizing your mind, that's all.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There's a difference between saying and doing.

It's not cool to follow Christ. People use the Jesus card alot, but my original post was meant to imply that, "following" Christ, actually building your existemce around Jesus... that's not cool.

I've never heard once, "I thank Jesus! For saving me, cleansing me! Dying on that cross and living again! I thank God for creating all this, and I praise him for the favor he's shown me!" or something along those lines. I'm not saying everyone who mentions Christ is "not sincere" or anything else like that. I just wanted to get the thread back on it's rails.

No talk of what Jesus did, just his name or his dads name alot of the time.

I repeat. It's not cool to truly believe... and let that belief steer your will.

We are zealots, crazy, deniers of science, hypocrites, gullible, unable to ask our own questions, unable to think out of the box, loud-mouth proclaimers, etc. to alot of eyes.

Not all eyes and minds... but quite a few...

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

well... quite a few of those points are true. you are hypocrites... well, the being you claim as god is a hypocrite to be more exact. said being does X but we're not allowed to...

and honestly, you're working from a flawed book. christianity is a very flawed religion that is one based on a fair amount of intolerance (especially towards homosexuals right now) and should be looked on as "uncool" in the same way that i'd say following pretty much any religion is uncool...
except buddhism, i have a softspot for the least theistic of the religions

i have no problem with people being good and doing good, i just have a problem with the messed up reasoning... especially those that claim the only thing making them good people is religion

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Nevermind...

Be what you may.

...Christianity to myself is not a religion, it is being.

Jesus followed no religion. He was a radical in his day.

[edit on 20-9-2007 by depth om]

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Nevermind...

Be what you may.

...Christianity to myself is not a religion, it is being.

...well, then you're deluding yourself. it's clearly a religion when it contains dogma, doctrine, and a religious text.

it's obvious than an omnipotent god would be an atheist.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
For myself, there is the way and there is the false.

Only two things exist. The path of life and the path of death.

Jesus was not here to create a religion, he came to tell the truth.

To one outside of a faith... that faith is religion... to the believer, it is what is.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   

For myself, there is the way and there is the false.

but you cannot prove what you claim is "the way" is true
nor can you prove that the other option is truly false

Only two things exist. The path of life and the path of death.

again, statements that lack any reason behind them

Jesus was not here to create a religion, he came to tell the truth.

...yet he never wrote it down.. curious
and again, can't prove his statements as truth.

To one outside of a faith... that faith is religion... to the believer, it is what is.

the faith is a religion, whether you are inside or out. a religion is what you practice.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

[edit on 20-9-2007 by depth om]

It always seemed to me that Jesus was more like a cult leader. The way he gathered followers is much like the way cults start nowadays.

posted on Sep, 20 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You know what, I'd still say more than half the people I've known believe in god.

No one in my class are atheists, as far as I know. Catholics and I think some Protestants and one Jewish student.

But no one is religiously extreme, or anything. However really I'd still say in the US more than half of the people believe in god at least.

And Europe too, but well thats usually it, a lot of people in Europe don't attend church anymore.

And I think it is a good thing. Natural evolution of society, the outdated fake religion is shed.

Sorry if I offend anyone, I've seen so many things, I just don't believe any religion is true. Studying human nature its just old things we used to explain the world before we had science that people refuse to let go of. Thats all it is.

I respect certain religions over others; I respect Judaism and pretty much all eastern religions over Christianity and Islam; especially Christianity. I am so sick of Jesus I just have very little respect left for anything to do with Christianity, especially for Catholicism, which to be perfectly honest is the most dumbest religion ever. It disobeys it's own holy book...wtf?! What happened to no idol worship, a staple of all Abrahamic religions? Threw that rule right out the window. And even then the majority of Catholics do a half-assed job with their religion and ignore most of the rules. But, I should not care, as I am atheist, so I don't see their religion as any more unreal as any other; its just in the context of an Abrahamic religion it is completely insane. It is like paganism, even.

But I don't believe they are going to hell. I don't believe in hell, and I don't believe in heaven.

I can't choose a religion because there are so many, they all say they are the right one, but I see no more proof of say Islam over Hinduism. I see no hardcore evidence of any of them.

Do I want heaven to not exist? No. Hey, I'd love heaven to be real. I'd love to know that when I die if I was a good person I'd go live in heaven...but I just know that its all fake. The world was not created for us, it is gritty and unfair and it doesn't cater to us. When we die we just disappear, everything we do is just nerve impulses. Sad fact.

Go ahead and say I am a relatively depressed person for believing what I do, and you'd be right. Does religion give people hope? Yeah, doesn't make it any more real. I just realize no matter what I do, I can't get myself to believe in any of this. And...well I know it's fake. Until I see some divine miracle proving a religion true myself, I won't believe in it. And it's not going to be some damned water stain that has the vague shape of Mary or Jesus...man Catholics are delusional.

I never had religion; most atheists had a religion and lost it, I never had one to begin with. My parents never raised me with it. We celebrate Christmas and Easter as merely tradition; my mom never put Jesus into it.

She comes from a Protestant family but she is not religious at all. She criticizes religion a lot...I never asked what she believed in but I'd guess she is ether agnostic or atheist.

My dad comes from a Catholic family and is very tolerant of other beliefs. I don't think he actually believes in the religion; not to the fullest, at least.

Okay so I had nothing better to do and typed all this up for a thread that probably won't last long. This is how I look at life...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join