It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+34 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Student Arrested, Tasered at Kerry Event

www.abcnews.go.com

A University of Florida student was Tasered and arrested Monday when he attempted to speak at a forum with U.S. Sen. John Kerry during a question and answer session, university officials said.

Andrew Meyer, 21, asked Kerry, D-Mass., why he did not contest the 2004 presidential election, which he lost to President Bush, and why there had been no moves to impeach Bush.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Video Link:

www.youtube.com

Mod Edit: Original post contained no news source, this edit included an external news source and link.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Goodbye free speech,hello police state.
Gotta love how the media laughs at this,as if its funny.
When in reality,its pretty damn scary.

www.youtube.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Black_Fox]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I saw that on TV this evening.

The man was asking Kerry some conspiratorial questions about the 2004 election, why Kerry didn't press the issue of who won, etc.
Kerry wasn't answering as far as I could tell and the man became increasingly agitated.
Police began to appear in greater numbers.
He did struggle and resist.

As they had in on the ground--it was hard to see him because there were so many police around him, he BEGGED no to be tasered.
To no avail. You could hear the electric charge. He screamed.

At that point, Kerry decided to answer his question.
Seems to me Kerry could have avoided this whole incident.

I heard that the man allegedly suffered no injuries from the tasering.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
People getting tazered for asking questions?!? That's disgusting! They outta be ashamed of themselves!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I find it amazing the crowed was cheering that the guy was being arrested for asking a simple question. They were like brainwashed zombies following the cult of these secret societies. Demon possession comes to mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
WRONG! He was tasered because he was violently resisting the officers. They even warned him and did not comply. Don't spread bull.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
wooo!

man I LOVE youtube and cellphone cameras. although it will also be the death of us, it's also a great way to show how poo really is around the world.

ask about skull and bones in public? you get zapped and shut up quick.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 18/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
this is truly sad and scary. There was no reason what so ever for the force those "police" officers used. I would swear this is looking more like 1940's Germany than the USA we all know.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
While I think he should have been allowed to speak and not tasered, I don't think Kerry was avoiding his question. Did anyone see if he answered the question after the "disruptor" left?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sytima
While I think he should have been allowed to speak and not tasered, I don't think Kerry was avoiding his question. Did anyone see if he answered the question after the "disruptor" left?

Yes, Kerry did answer the question.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
There have been several cases of death caused by Tasers. One here in Oklahoma City. Their use should be re-evaluated by law enforcement agencies.
I certainly do not agree with the use of it on a severely outnumbered (by police officers) civilian.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
OMG. I can't believe this crap. Of course he resisted, how would You react if You were strong-armed for doing nothing but what is in Your constitutional right? Because somebody didn't like his question or the tone of? Get used to it, it's called the police state.

Peace. K*

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
That may possibly be the funniest thing I have ever heard Tucker Carlson say. "There were like 19 cops standing over him". Haha, that's epic.

Imo he should have just calmed down and taken the questions one at a time. Just because he doesn't answer immediately doesn't give you the right to start yelling and throwing more questions at the man.

The first thing I thought when the cops showed up "stop resisting!". Haha, scary but also kinda what you expect nowadays

-Droops

[edit on 17-9-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
am I the only one noticing that all mentions of this story anywhere only cite a question about votes? even kerry's answer was geared towards the voting fraud.

It's quite obvious he was arrested for asking about Skull and Bones, not voting (although they are related).

The very fact that everyone is avoiding the phrase "Skull and Bones" like a plague is deafening.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterRegal

are you kidding?! there was no right for them to approch him in the first place,if kerry would just awnser the question(s) the guy would probably have shut up.

but in what i saw.. there's no reason for them cop's to jump on that guy like that... the guy asked what he was being arrested for... and got no awnser... so he had every right to resist cause he was NOT under arrest.

cops work for us!..not the other way around..so when asked a question,it's their JOB to answer the people that make their paychecks possible.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Maybe the words "secret society" is code for: take this nut down...with like 74 people! Almost makes you wonder if they are worried that too much info may be leaked out to those who have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

-Droops

[edit on 17-9-2007 by DrOOpieS]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong he did resist.

But, it is REALLY hard to violently resist when you are ON THE GROUND and about five or six cops are surrounding you, above you.

It was excessive force.

oooops, you forgot part.
Kerry did answer the question.....as the man was being tasered.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I tell you what, that guy speaking out has 100x more cred afaic than the dumbed down cheer squad suckin on Kerry's pipe. After 911 and the creepsquad is still in control, your entire Government corrupt on both sides... if more Americans stood up like that you might get something of your country back. They ain't gonna hand it to you. Same goes over here.

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but this country is going down the drain quickly when this starts to become the standard. I've seen loads of videos like this popping up all over the internet. When you can no longer question public officials without the fear of arrest, it is as close to a police state as it comes. I hope he presses charges on those Nazi Cops and gets paid well. I'm sorry, but you can't arrest someone for asking a question, just because the crowd and the speaker doesn't agree with it. This makes my blood boil watching this, and I'm really scared for this country if this behavior continues!!!
I could see arresting someone if he charged the stage or tried to get in his face, but there is no reason the police should move in on him for a question!! He had ever right to be there and every right to ask question.
I too would resist arrest if I was being taken away with my hands behind my back for asking a public official a question.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
And what did Kerry say after the man was tasered? I heard he answered the question. Is there no dialog or video of that?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join