It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man who hasn't eatin or drank anything for decades.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

Doctors and experts are baffled by an Indian hermit who claims not to have eaten or drunk anything for several decades - but is still in perfect health.

Fasting holy man, Prahlad Jani
Mr Prahlad Jani under surveillance in hospital

Prahlad Jani, a holy man, or fakir, who is over 70 years old, has just spent 10 days under constant observation in Sterling Hospital, in the western Indian city of Ahmedabad.

Moderator edit -- please do not cut and paste complete articles

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Just my opinion...but if I were him I would have kept my mouth shut.Now he will spend his days as a lab rat. Test after test.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Very interesting read! Thanks for sharing this with us here!
He sertinly has found a way to slow his body down, and he doesnt burn threw the energy like we do in a normal state of mind..

I dont have answers for this, other than he has found a way to control his energy and Heart Chakra Radiance..

I can only do this in a dream like state.. Yet in my dreams I can be underwater and have no need to breath. Slowing my heart rate down to a point where in that state I barely need to breath at all.
Thus you burn no energy, and have no need for food or water for many many days.. However, sooner or later it would catch up with a person.
No matter who you are, you will need to drink, eat, and do those things that make us human.. Pee and poop

But I belive that a man/woman can slow down their bodies to do this kinda of stuff... However to not drink or eat for years, is well ummm, BS!!
I belive, yet stay steadfast in knowing that some like to make something like this more than it really is.. I give him a few weeks without food or water, but years.. Nope, not true.. He is a man, and we need energy to keep on going! Without the vital energy we die! 3 weeks tops even slowing down the body to minimal consumption.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
He "claims" to have gone without food or water for decades, but only did ten days in scientific conditions.

A person who has learned to meditate to a certain level, I am willing to accept that they can go for much longer without food and water than a normal person would.

But I am in no way ready to accept this man's claims that he has gone without for years upon years.

I'd be more willing to accept his claim if he were locked into a similar experiment, with sealed conditions, for a much longer period of time, at least three months, perhaps more.

Until then, my BS meter is in the red. Nice trick, though.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Even if he were able to store his energy enough to spend it in small amounts per day, there's no way he can go without water for so long. The body has to release toxins through sweat, and urine, and keep the brain hydrated through mucus. Not to mention his eyes would dry out too, without tears.

There can only be two outcomes to this:

1. He says he has reached his limit, and can't fast for any longer.

2. He will say the stress of the exams is conflicting with his meditations, and he can't meditate in that type of environment.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I think it's most likely that he simply sneaked at least water, maybe food. But who knows, this would have to be duplicated to be sure, and for a longer period time (as MajorMalfunction said).

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Until then, my BS meter is in the red. Nice trick, though.

I would happen to agree, anything over 3 weeks makes my BS meter go into the red.. It all boils down to who and what we are..
Tho we may be beings of light, we still need to potty, and eat something..
So the 1 year, no I dont belive that.. but up to 3 weeks I will honestly say yes, its true

In those 3 weeks, he can not move, or do anything that would cause for energy to be consumed! He must remain where he sits for that whole time! No talking, no getting up and stretching..
Just sit there, and go into a deep deep trance, and slow your whole body down.. Thoughts do not consume as much energy as the actions of those thoughts.. Thus he could eat in his mind, and complete that fix for him that way.. Also he can use the bathroom in his own mind, thus you can go for a long time, mind over matter... But only to a point.. Then its matter over mind...

Let me add this.. He didnt say he didnt have an IV hooked into him somewhere.. That is not techincally eating or drinking.. Yet a person can live off an IV supliment for quite some time..
He may have an electrolyte imbalance that allows him such a feat.. As some imbalance could be lack of.. prehaps his body creates to much..?

[edit on 17-9-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
totally interesting, and good find.

10 days is quite impressive alone - I could care less about 10 years...
(again, if indeed the test are correct and there is no water involved. Why give him mouthwash though...guess morning nasty mouth taste. But would you have that if you dont eat...anyway)

peace

dAlen

- well read the link and a couple of interesting points
1) weight was lost in the 10 days...if he did it for 10 decades we can assume he was as big as a hot air balloon if he is still losing weight)
2) They let him go after 10 days, no way to test him (though some could say the 'stress' of being observed helped him loose weight...we wont know, I suppose.

[edit on 17-9-2007 by dAlen]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This guy has been talked about for ages....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
This guy has been talked about for ages....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

ah, old article...didnt pay attention to the 2003 date on the BBC article - wonder where he is now?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Although I am a fan of denying ignorance and finding truth, I would love to believe that there is a miracle here.

An odd way to live and a weird miracle but a miracle nonetheless.

I do believe we have power over our physical matter, but someone who can do what he claims to have done would probably have transcended to another state of being by now imho. ( And no I dont mean dying )

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Ellipsis]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
what allot of my skeptical friends here on ATS haven't realized, is that in ancient Indian and persian tradition, during meditation and subsequent enlightenment, a person's body can begin to secrete smething called "Soma" or "the Nectar of the God's" which is a fluid that drips down from the Pinneal gland, down through the pallet, unto the tongue with enough nourishment, vitamins, and minerals to sustain someobody in a constant meditative state.

This was very common in the east and it seems as if it is now scientifially verifiable, being that after a long time in this state, eventually a "hole" forms in your pallet to allw the soma/nectar to drip dirctly onto the tongue.

I don't see any BS in my meter!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
what allot of my skeptical friends here on ATS haven't realized, is that in ancient Indian and persian tradition, during meditation and subsequent enlightenment, a person's body can begin to secrete smething called "Soma" or "the Nectar of the God's" which is a fluid that drips down from the Pinneal gland, down through the pallet, unto the tongue with enough nourishment, vitamins, and minerals to sustain someobody in a constant meditative state.

This was very common in the east and it seems as if it is now scientifially verifiable, being that after a long time in this state, eventually a "hole" forms in your pallet to allw the soma/nectar to drip dirctly onto the tongue.

I don't see any BS in my meter!!!!!!!

Sadly, cells use nutrients and calories, and produce waste. You need take in and excrete things to stay alive. It's that simple.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Could you provide some links that show scientific verification of this, please? I've never heard that science has in any way verified soma.

Not being nasty, just saying ...

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Agree with Major, would like to see some evidence of this "soma".

If soma is made of nutrients, from where are these nutrients coming? Wouldn't they have to be replenished at some point?

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Just a point that might interest some, but there is a movement call Breatharianism.

Inedia is the alleged ability to live without food. Breatharianism is a related concept, in which believers claim food and possibly water are not necessary, and that humans can be sustained solely by prana (the vital life force in Hinduism), or according to some, by the energy in sunlight. The terms breatharianism or inedia may also refer to this philosophy practiced as a lifestyle in place of the usual diet. While it is often seen as an esoteric practice performed by eastern ascetics, recently some groups such as the Breatharian Institute of America have promoted the practice as an option for anybody, once the proper techniques for accessing it are made known.

Current scientific theories about nutrition and generally accepted common sense both indicate that a person who follows this practice in the long term would die of starvation or dehydration. Breatharians have seldom submitted themselves to medical testing, and currently there is no evidence to support their claims.

There's a long article with plenty of links on Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

There's also some interesting info at this link.
www.breatharian.info...

The pineal gland is claimed to have a crucial role in this process. This hypothesis is confirmed by research undergone on some people, where CAT scanning shows a significant enlargement of this gland. The pineal gland manages (like a central processing unit) the mechanism of direct energy exchange between the organism cell and the surroundings (it actually occurs at a sub-atom level).
One explanation, purely scientific, which comes from a nuclear physic says as follows: the organism consists of tissues, which are built of chemical molecules, and next these molecules are built of atoms. Atoms consist of electrons and protons, which are built of smaller elements. As the result of this way of looking for an origin element, we reach the point, where the matter does not exist. There, we have only something, which we can call vibrational whirls of energy. As long as history exists it has been known under different definitions, for example prana, orgon, light. Hence such definitions originated such as "living on light" or "prana nourishment".

I'd save a ton of money on groceries and toilet paper if I could survive this way.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I don't believe that either, though Linda Goodman was trying to become one before she died.

People are not plants. We can't photosynthesize.

But speaking of plants, I knew I'd read a little bit about soma in the past years. It was a drink prepared from a hallucinogenic plant, though they aren't sure which one, used in ceremonies.

I couldn't find a thing on soma being produced within a person. But I might not have all the right keywords for that yet.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Interesting indeed. Saving $$ on toilet paper would be nice, however, from the original link:

Breatharians have seldom submitted themselves to medical testing, and currently there is no evidence to support their claims.

I'd like to see some real evidence, because it sounds like a worthwhile thing to try, if true.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Oh yeah I forgot to add,

Google this guy: Hira Ratan Manek

He stayed under medical supervision with no food for 411 days so that's another case that support this theory, and there are many more historical figures that were monks as well.

posted on Sep, 19 2007 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

Google this guy: Hira Ratan Manek

I Googled that guy, and I find as many detractors as supporters.
His page is interesting though:
www.solarhealing.com...

I'm not willing to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet......

top topics

<<   2 >>

join