It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis ‘blew apart Syrian nuclear cache’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Israelis ‘blew apart Syrian nuclear cache’

IT was just after midnight when the 69th Squadron of Israeli F15Is crossed the Syrian coast-line. On the ground, Syria’s formidable air defences went dead. An audacious raid on a Syrian target 50 miles from the Iraqi border was under way.

At a rendezvous point on the ground, a Shaldag air force commando team was waiting to direct their laser beams at the target for the approaching jets. The team had arrived a day earlier, taking up position near a large underground depot. Soon the bunkers were in flames.

The Syrians never said that the Israelis hit the Nuclear cache...
Did they? they just say that their airspace was invaded?

Is this just hype?
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Doc please can you tell us the context like where did you glean this ?

Is this just the opening page to a novel and are you just trying to attract attention ?

Give yourself some credibility please with some references and context

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Holy schnikies!!!

What a story! Why isn't this all over the media? Or is it and I just haven't turned on the TV?

Great find.

Whoa...

Cuhail

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ATS NEWSLINK

Like I said on the related ATS breaking news story, this explains Syrias relative silence over the air strikes.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I work with an Israeli and former member of the IDF. He monitors various information sources to keep in touch with what's going on back at home in Israel, and he told me on Thursday that this happened and that Syria is denying it. Syria must have something to hide. I don't see any reason for Israel to just make up the whole story. What would it benefit them? So they must have struck something. Now normally an Arab enemy would use at attack by Israel to try to gain public sympathy by claiming Israel struck a "refugee camp" or some such nonsense. In this case, they want to pretend it didn't even happen. Obviously, they don't want anyone looking into this. Very curious.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I posted a link last night in the War On Terror section to Times Online with this very story. The Israelis will not tolerate any potential nuclear threat in the neighborhood. They will seek it out and destroy it, just as they should. This is not a dime novel, this is for real.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by sharkman]

[edit on 16-9-2007 by sharkman]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

From what I have read, Syria has only said "munitions" were dropped bye the jets.
The also said that -basically -it occurred in the middle of the desert, not near any people/village/base.

I agree that clearly they don't want to say anything was hit, for fear of a REAL investigation over what was destroyed.

I suspect that it was either military supplies for Hezbollah terrorists or nuclear material/equipment/supplies from N Korea.

No matter what some ignorant people think, there WAS a DARN good reason why something in Syria had Munitions dropped on it, considering the possible repercussions of such a military maneuver.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Check the link... timesonline.co.uk

I am not trying to be rude, but it seems like everyone else was able to gleen where the information came from.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This event is almost 10 days old but it keeps getting more interesting as time passes.

Online databases tracking a ship reportedly flying a North Korean flag that docked in Syria have changed their records following a report in The Washington Post linking the alleged Israeli air strike in Syria to a North Korean shipment.

www.haaretz.com...

The article goes on to explain how port sites were used to track the ship and subsequent change in ships listing after the Israeli strike.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Great news! Syria needs to be hit, and hit hard. My guess is a bunch of chemical weapons from Iraq went poof as well. Syria, Iran, and NK are all on the bitch slap list
sorry for saying bitch...well not really but I thought I would add PC to my short post biatch!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sy.gunson

Jerusalem Post article
www.jpost.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hi doc, Outstanding post..It is no mistake this happened right after Michael Savages radio show continual blasting Israel's laissez faire policy that woould be its doom. If Golda Meir was there she would not have allowed things to get this far..This is just the beginning..

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I see that the TimesOnline.uk problem is growing fast, so from now on I’ll link all timesonline.uk related ATS topics to this thread;

TimesONLINE.uk – Web wide News Corp propaganda ALERT!!!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Rely on INDEPENDENT and UNBIASED news sources, NOT News Corp!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
TimesOnline has already been sited for propagandist content, point and case;

Propaganda Times
Posted August 19th, 2007 by jo
The Sunday Times is apparently fabricating.
business.timesonline.co.uk...
Somebody, somewhere, it seems, is desperate to create a ripple of unease or panic or heavyhanded reaction.
Hold steady at the helm, Climate Campers !
Let’s dissect this piece idea by idea for possible "porky pies" :-

Full text : portal.campaigncc.org...

Same should be done here on ATS, where as members we are commited to “Deny Ignorance”!

Let’s get on it!

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by iskander

iskander, thanks for the heads up. I hope that you realize that even if it is 'propaganda to the max', we at ATS should at least be aware of what is being said, and to discuss it and even debunk it. Hopefully you won't let a 'source' prevent that discussion from occuring, because we would be interested in your thoughts regarding the topic. You do bring to light very important points regarding how to determine what is real news and what is 'advertisement'

But thank you for the information regarding this particular 'news' website.
I will make a note.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Sys_Config

You are right Sys, the world needs another Golda Meir.

We really need politicians who are willing to use actually diplomacy instead of shooting first, then asking questions.

DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I believe it. The ridiculous part is that now the U.S. is really in a tough spot, having the Military strained puts power in the hands of countries that would use Nuclear Technology as a threat.

+It's probable that the recent cooperation by DPRK alludes to them shipping off their Nukes to the highest bidder. They would use the Gullibility of the U.S.'s current controllers get what they need and make profit on the side, no matter what problems it causes, they are purely for themselves, and cannot be trusted. Their word is crap.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DocMoreau

Hopefully you won't let a 'source' prevent that discussion from occuring, because we would be interested in your thoughts regarding the topic. You do bring to light very important points regarding how to determine what is real news and what is 'advertisement'

I agree with absolutely DocMoreau. I just want to make sure that since here on ATS members are encouraged to “Deny ignorance”, we all should treat information from a critical point of view, and not as another “news show”.

That given, when we discuss topics based on news source info, we should question the authenticity of such source just as a testimony of a witness in court, and credibility of a witness is relevant directly to the history of his character.

It’s simple, if any given witness has a record of lying, his testimony would not have as much weight as one from a witness with a clean history, same goes for news sources.

TimesOnline.uk belongs to News Corp family, and was previously sighted for propaganda by other online sources, so we by all logic we should treat it as a witness with a history of perjury, that’s all.

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just looking at this objectively.....

If I was the head of a super-secret Syrian research programme into nuclear weapons, I wouldn't be putting my main research facility within 50 miles of the Iranian border. I'd be putting it as far away from Israel as I possibly could.

But then again, I'm not Syrian, or the head of a super-secret research facility so - who knows?

[edit on 17/0907/07 by neformore]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
No matter what some ignorant people think, there WAS a DARN good reason why something in Syria had Munitions dropped on it, considering the possible repercussions of such a military maneuver.

Like what, UN sanctions?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join