It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof of alien's influence on earthlings: Gravity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

Space-time theoris are not perfect. In fact, Einstein's Theory of Relativity is not complete, it never explains all of the forces in the Universe, AKA The Theory of EVERYTHING.

I questions these so called forces not because I wonder what or how they do, it's WHY and WHERE it come from.

I guess it's the same line of question with "Who created time" come to think of it.

Cetrifugal, centripetal forces, etc, it's just fascinating why these objects keep spinning at the perfect distances from e/o, never gets too close, or too far.
Why sizes of planets won't matter in it's revolutionary paths. Pluto is so far, yet Saturn is also far, yet they all follow a "set path". They should in theory, follow a different path with a different ANGLE of revolution.

These "forces" are studied, given names, measured, yet never explained further from that. That's science, it's the art of giving mysterious forces names, and art of measuring and recording, period.

My point is, gravity is an intelligent design. The distance is just so, and the speed is just so, the forces is just enough, it's all too much coincidences.

BTW, Harvard and MIT is beyond explaining gravity, it's grade-school ed. Try asking that question during a lecture and people will think you are nuts.

But I questions everything, and that makes me a thinker beyond the box.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   
wish i hadnt clicked on this one...seriously...if true skeptics come to this site and want to debunk all the true and valid info that does come from time to time. this is the type of stuff they use to do it

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickeneater
reply to post by Byrd

My point is, gravity is an intelligent design. The distance is just so, and the speed is just so, the forces is just enough, it's all too much coincidences.

It's funny that you say that. People also seem to think that we were a result of a big accident, and our complex brains and nervous system were once pond scum. I mean, it really is too much of a coincidence IMO.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   

But no one can explain what gravity truly is beyond giving this phenomenon a name. I can name anything too, I mean, Newton didn't discover gravity, he just gave it a name, d'oh.

You're right about Newton but read up on the work of ARYABHATTA.

He might help explan things for you - all be it 1600 year old Maths

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Shouldn't atmospheric pressure have something to do with keeping us humans firmly attached to the Earth's surface?
If I am at 30,000 feet in a plane, I still weigh approximately the same as I do on the surface. I believe I would still weigh about the same even IF the plane was not pressurized. But once we go beyond the edges of our atmosphere we become weightless. So atmospheric pressure must be keeping us firmly attached to the surface of Earth especially considering how fast the Earth spins. But as far as gravity goes, I don't think anyone really knows the truth since gravity is only a theory.

Since atmospheric pressure keeps us attached to the Earth, this is why I guess your weight will depend on the atmosphere of a given planet. So I guess the moon must have some sort of a atmosphere since you weigh must less there but don't drift up into space.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Sekhemet

Explained very well ,great simple explanation

Gravity comes from Latin Gravitas which means weight,heaviness.

Newton didn't really “discover” gravity, because everyone knew that the world was full of "heavy" bodies. But he explained what heaviness (gravitas) was in a new way. This new way also allowed him to describe celestial bodies, like planets and moons, as exerting gravitational forces on each other, as indicated by their orbital motions. An orbiting planet doesn't fly away from the sun, on this view, because there is a gravitational force between the planet and the sun that continually pulls it back. Planets and the sun were, in effect, heavy.

www.ccmr.cornell.edu...

[edit on 9/16/2007 by qonone]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Shouldn't atmospheric pressure have something to do with keeping us humans firmly attached to the Earth's surface?
No, atmospheric pressure is the weight of the air above us.

If I am at 30,000 feet in a plane, I still weigh approximately the same as I do on the surface. I believe I would still weigh about the same even IF the plane was not pressurized.
And in a vacuum you would weight the same, if you measure the weight of something in a vacuum it weights the same as at the common atmospheric pressure.

But once we go beyond the edges of our atmosphere we become weightless.
No, things still have weight, that is why satellites fall.

But as far as gravity goes, I don't think anyone really knows the truth since gravity is only a theory.
No, gravity is not a theory, gravity is something that pulls objects with mass one to each other.

The theories are only ways of explaining how gravity can be explained.

Since atmospheric pressure keeps us attached to the Earth, this is why I guess your weight will depend on the atmosphere of a given planet.
No, that is your theory, you have to prove it first.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
chickeneater its interesting you think gravity is intelligent design do you think the whole universe is ID? do you think the purpose of this design is to create intelligent life?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPNo, atmospheric pressure is the weight of the air above us.

Actually, atmospheric pressure is the weight of air around you, not just above you.

And in a vacuum you would weight the same, if you measure the weight of something in a vacuum it weights the same as at the common atmospheric pressure.

Correct.

No, things still have weight, that is why satellites fall.

Yes you still have weight just not relative to objects around you.

No, gravity is not a theory, gravity is something that pulls objects with mass one to each other.

Yes, but its still speculation as to why.

No, that is your theory, you have to prove it first.

I know, its just me having some good old 'theory' fun.

[edit on 16-9-2007 by 4thDoctorWhoFan]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
There is no gravity. The truth is called "the Theory of Intelligent Falling."

See, the Flying Spaghetti Monster pushes down on people and things to hold them to earth with His Noodly Appendages.

China, being the origin of the noodle, is FSM's favored land, so naturally, the Chinese are shorter than other people because FSM Touches them more often.

People were shorter historically because there were less of them than there are now, and so there were more Noodly Appendages to go around. Now that the world is so populous, there are fewer Appendages to touch people with, and even the Chinese are getting taller.

In all seriousness, we don't need to know what gravity is to know how it works and predict its effects.

This article is so simple even a child could understand it. In fact, it was written for children.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Gravity, mass, space-time, relativity, energy, velocity. If gravity is warped space-time. Time is relative to velocity. Then is gravity relative to velocity. Does that mean mass is relative to velocity. If energy is mass time the speed of light squared, then is energy also relative to velocity?

I have a whole crap ton of velocity sitting right here in my chair. Rotating Earth, revolving Earth, the solar system revolving around the galaxy, and the galaxy moving about, and whatever in addition to that. Does anybody know off hand just how much 'velocity' that is? What would happen if I got on my rocket and accelerated in whatever vector is opposite all this accumulated velocity? If I could accelerate to 0. What would happen? (side note. It just popped into my head, is zero-point energy that of all this velocity?)

[edit on 16-9-2007 by Viszet Oki]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by abelievingskeptic
wish i hadnt clicked on this one...seriously...if true skeptics come to this site and want to debunk all the true and valid info that does come from time to time. this is the type of stuff they use to do it

Yup, it also gives ATS a bad name, especially when THIS is an example of 'denying ignorance.' The proliferation of threads like this make it awfully difficult to find the thoughtful stuff. People like this claiming to have attended Harvard, MIT, etc., give those fine schools a bad name as well. The OP is not the first to do this, of course. Lazar did the same thing claiming a degree from MIT, but they never heard of him.

Anyone who has studied physics at even a high school level knows that Newton's theory of gravity, while seminal, has been superceded by the General Theory of Relativity, which explains gravity mathematically (and Newton's interpretation) very well indeed. There is no need to invoke aliens to explain gravity, and if a graduate of Harvard with MIT credits is claiming so, then the endowments of those schools, and the OP's tuition money, were wasted. Hopefully no scholarships were involved.

-----
My wife: That is THE apple tree.
Me: WHAT apple tree?
My wife: THAT one in the yard. That is THE apple tree.
Me: THAT is THE apple tree?
My wife: Yup.
Me: Maybe a descendent.
My wife: Well, it's in the same place. See those apples on the ground?
Me: You mean, it still works?
My wife: Yup.
Me: My God, that is THE apple tree!
My wife: That's what I said.

At Woolsthorpe Manor near Grantham, England, 2005.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I never did feel I deserve to get into Harvard, while others like you wouldn't even dream of getting accepted. I never have the real academic aptitude, I suspect it's my knack in questioning even the MOST BASIC and WIDELY accepted truths is what got me in. To me, that's what separate that school from others, they accept people not because of the scores, but because of the different way of seeing things, and asking questions. remember so many past scientists got ridiculed for their radical views as well? I remember the history when FLAT EARTH was widely accepted.

Our knowledge keeps changing the perception of what reality is, the more we know and the further we are along, things begin to emerge very differently from what was known as FACTS decades ago. To accept what we know now as FACTS is to let science stall.

ATS's reputation? Please, this is where Aliens and UFO's get discussed, and you want to be taken seriously with that Dark Sith Lord avatar? LOL. Go to real academic forum if you want to have a REPUTATION for serious academic discussions. ATS IS AN ENTERTAINMENT FORUM, get that straight and you will have a life.

Now run along and play Jedi master

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   
there could be an infinite number of universes all with diffirent properties. We're in one which is good for producing life by the fact that we are here.

it doesnt have to be designed by anyone. Soon we may find direct evidence of extra dimensions/ multiple universes.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by chickeneater

the question chickenhead er chickeneater (sorry) asks was "what IS gravity", well the simple answer is "gravity is cool"

Now that you have a confused expression on your face I will explain.

like already stated, molecules that are the same attract to each other ( like two Harvard students will be more friendly to each other as opposed to a Yale and a Harvard would, because they share a common bond ) well you get enough molecules, together and all of a sudden, other types of molecules want to hang out with them, then more. All the cool molecules are hanging together and more and more join thus are created the the universe, right down to you and me, cause gravity is cool.........

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
reply to post by Sekhemet

Explained very well ,great simple explanation

Gravity comes from Latin Gravitas which means weight,heaviness.

Newton didn't really “discover” gravity, because everyone knew that the world was full of "heavy" bodies. But he explained what heaviness (gravitas) was in a new way. This new way also allowed him to describe celestial bodies, like planets and moons, as exerting gravitational forces on each other, as indicated by their orbital motions. An orbiting planet doesn't fly away from the sun, on this view, because there is a gravitational force between the planet and the sun that continually pulls it back. Planets and the sun were, in effect, heavy.

www.ccmr.cornell.edu...

[edit on 9/16/2007 by qonone]

Cheers buddy. Tho I am out of my depth here with these guys and not even going to comment anymore. I just pop my head in to see whats the latest

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
I think Carl also said that the moon is slowing and is indeed
getting closer to Earth, just like the little steel ball gradually
circled around the big steel ball slower and eventually rolled
into it and sat there.

With all due respect towards Carl Sagan (RIP), the Moon's orbit is getting larger, about 1.5 inches each year. It's going away from us and I remember reading/hearing that when it gets far enough that it's gravitational pull doesn't affect the Earth at all, the earth's TILT which creates the seasons, goes away and our planet starts, how to put it, sort of shaking or wiggling and our weather gets seriously whacked up.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Space-time theoris are not perfect. In fact, Einstein's Theory of Relativity is not complete, it never explains all of the forces in the Universe, AKA The Theory of EVERYTHING.

Right. We don't have a good unified theory. However, your profs should have gone over all those and string theory and M theory and quantum loops and the various GUTs like the Georgi-Glashow model.

I questions these so called forces not because I wonder what or how they do, it's WHY and WHERE it come from. I guess it's the same line of question with "Who created time" come to think of it.

I don't understand how you got out of a physics class without the basic definition that a "force" is something that "causes something else to move or perform work or deforms it in a particular way."

Cetrifugal, centripetal forces, etc, it's just fascinating why these objects keep spinning at the perfect distances from e/o, never gets too close, or too far.

Uh... I don't think we have the same understanding of these forces.

Why sizes of planets won't matter in it's revolutionary paths. Pluto is so far, yet Saturn is also far, yet they all follow a "set path". They should in theory, follow a different path with a different ANGLE of revolution.

I'm finding it very hard to believe that anyone who went to Harvard and MIT and got a degree in physics doesn't understand a simple vector analysis that can be done with first year calculus. This is math that even I can do, and I'm a real math dimwit!

BTW, Harvard and MIT is beyond explaining gravity, it's grade-school ed. Try asking that question during a lecture and people will think you are nuts.

Really?

I had a look at their course catalog and I would like to understand why you made those remarks, what with a variety of courses on mechanics, fluid dynamics, and onto graduate topics like Strominger's class on eleven-dimensional supergravity and Jaffe's course on Eigenvalues of Random Matrices which includes quantum gravity (and that's just this semester's offerings).

That's pretty comprehensive, you know, and the basic undergrad courses cover enough to get you to understand those.

How could you take a major in that department and not get simple planet orbit and mass calculations?

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:18 PM
link   
For those of us who don't have a degree in physics, I found the most awesome video that illustrates gravity and orbits on YouTube of all places.

And even if you know how those two subjects work, the video is really cool to watch. Fun with magnets!

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

I don't understand how you got out of a physics class without the basic definition that a "force" is something that "causes something else to move or perform work or deforms it in a particular way."

I don’t understand how you got to be a “Super Moderator” by missing the point of the thread in the first place. The question I see is not about the math used to explain what happens when particles are attracted but what is causing the attraction in the first place.
MIT, Harvard, string theory, m theory, and even the great Byrd, have not, can not, and will not, ever be able to answer that question.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join