It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why didn't the pilots put the landing gear on?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Has anyone thought of this? I saw a plane land a few days ago and noticed the size of the landing gear.. it would have def. taken out a few more floors. I'm assuming that 'the terrorists' couldn't have predicted the building to fall, so they must have wanted to take out as many floors as they can. Even though apparently bin laden is an expert in this field and through his extensive backround he knew that jet fuel would melt the steel

I still haven't figured out how to post a pic on this page.. if someone can help me that would be awesome

landing gear

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
from a piolts point of view i would say having gear that large down temendously increases drag and makes the plane subject to a higher stalling speed. also the plane was moving so fast the gear may have been ripped off had he put them down at high speed.

when youre manuvering a huge jet through a canyon of buildings drag is a bad thing.

....but i dont believe it was done by osama so.... ill just leave it at that

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'll also bet the on-board computer in a 757 won't allow the gear to be lowered over a certain air speed?

Also the gear would not have done much damage to the towers really, they would have just sheared off.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic

And why not? Isn't Osama working for the CIA as many CTers have said before? Or America is that loving by the world that there are no enemies of the U.S.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
if osama is controlled by the cia then correct, he did not pull off the attack...the people he gets his orders from pulled it off.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   

if osama is controlled by the cia then correct, he did not pull off the attack...the people he gets his orders from pulled it off.

And people always talk about Osama's fake tapes, that he never existed or he was innocent.

posted on Sep, 14 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
well regardless i dont think he is innocent hahah. and i would say he probably still exists (if he hasnt died of old age)

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

And why not? Isn't Osama working for the CIA as many CTers have said before? Or America is that loving by the world that there are no enemies of the U.S.

Actually it is the CIA that says Osama was working for the CIA. The only point of contention is when he formally retired from the CIA.

I thought it was pathetic when the Pentagon propaganda created an Iraq Alquida guy Zarkarwe. So we could all have a big bad Iraq boogie man to remind us we are there for terrorism. Now they are calling it Alquieda in Iraq, so reports will repeat that over and over to the American people. Remember They are in Iraq too.........

[edit on 17-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 17 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
Has anyone thought of this? I saw a plane land a few days ago and noticed the size of the landing gear.. it would have def. taken out a few more floors. I'm assuming that 'the terrorists' couldn't have predicted the building to fall, so they must have wanted to take out as many floors as they can. Even though apparently bin laden is an expert in this field and through his extensive backround he knew that jet fuel would melt the steel

I still haven't figured out how to post a pic on this page.. if someone can help me that would be awesome

landing gear

Because the kinetic energy of a plane traveling at 500+ mph is higher than a slower moving plane with its landing gear down. The damage that the landing gear could've done is negligible.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

do a little more research and you will find out that none of the 'terrorists' had connections to osama and osama had no connections to the planning stages of 9-11.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
There is a report from a military witness that was close the the Pentagon that stated the pilot loked like he was not in control of the plane and after hitting the first light poles lowered the landing gear.

Not sure if he lowered the landing gear maybe to try to slow up and gain control of the aircraft.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I'll also bet the on-board computer in a 757 won't allow the gear to be lowered over a certain air speed?

There's no such limitation on any Boeing,

however maximum gear operation speed on the B757 2 and 300 is

270 KIAS or .82 Mach.

During normal operation the gear is usally lowered between 170-190 KIAS

before selecting a higher flapssetting than 10.

(unless it's needed as rubberbrakes at higher speeds)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
If the gear was down the computer would just repeatedly shout "LANDING GEAR! LANDING GEAR!" and sound a siren

new topics

top topics

join