It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone tried this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo

genetic: Etymology: genesis
1 : relating to or determined by the origin, development, or causal antecedents of something

genesis: Etymology: Latin, from Greek, from gignesthai to be born -- more at KIN : the origin or coming into being of something

Both of these words have the same root word because they are referring to similar things. Thing "in the beginning." So of course it makes sense that they should sound similar.

As for heaven possibly being space; I completely agree it is a crdible theory and have thought about this quite a bit. Like someone earlier said I think maybe a meteor could be "Noah's Ark."

I also believe Adam and Eve represent the first "self-aware" humans (not necessarily two individuals). They ate from the tree of knowledge and became "aware." Maybe Cain and Abel were two sects and that is the first war where "Cain" kills "Abel."

And the parts where humans visit heaven and return. Saul's bright blinding light.

As you can see there are tons of examples of text being taken in a more than traditional way.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Dude, you look like you would be a fan of Michael Tsarion. If you have the hard drive space, and the bandwidth for big DLs, download his EPIC Origins and Oracles series. It's like 16 hours of stuff like that. Interesting, interpretting scriptures and legends of the past as if they were true to life records of actual events... doesn't seem outlandish, but I think Tsarion goes a little overboard. He does bring up some very interesting points, nonetheless.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Sure "Heaven" could be space related....we haven't even figured out what all space even is. One reason some people do not view Earth and a distant planet to be in some ways analogous to this continent and that continent is only because they choose not to....not because anything naturally mandates it for human thought, they are perhaps just so wowed by the distance for whatever reason.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think you would be pleased if you knew how many people have similar idea's. Created from the dust equals evolved from inanimate matter is a belief shared by many if not most main stream protestants.

You would probably find a study of the Mormons true beliefs interesting. Don't get sidetracked by the fake Mormons and their weirdness. Many don't seem to know they are not the same church. This is not an endorsement by the way.

For what I believe look to my signature. Good luck with your search as you are on the right path. Science and God mix perfectly its Mankind that has the problem.

McDonald's = Heaven
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Treat yourself to some good Chinese or even American Cuisine and leave the yuck for the kiddies
I said this with a smile. A BBQ, some REAL HICKORY BRIQUET'S AND HICKORY CHUNKS and you will never be able to look at the Golden Arches without gagging again and it is CHEAPER!!!! NOW THAT IS HEAVEN!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
IMO, who's to say heaven meant "up" as in, to the stars? Why not "up" as in, to the North? You seem to think they had a knowledge of the stars, so why not of the earth? I tend to believe Heaven was a place on earth, and it wasn't "Up" as in, to the sky, rather, "up" as in, to the north. But also, imho, the bible bases a large amount of its stories off of older stories; We all know the result of the "pass it on" experiment.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
wand and wang also sound alike.

I refer you to:
www.bash.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
lol...i read thru Bash alot when I'm bored at work, I came across that wand/wang post a while back...funny stuff man, thanks for the laugh omega.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dodgygeeza

I've often speculated that Mars could be the remains of The Garden of Eden... makes sense in a way. And then there's always Orpheus...

What's truly interesting is that by switching out the words as the OP suggests, it doesn't change the teachings of the Bible at all... just adds a new perspective.

[edit on 9/13/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:09 AM
link   
nice observation, ive always believed that aliens (EBEs) created us, i even sed this to my RE teacher in high school once and got given detention but it probly wasnt the best thing to bring up in a religious studies class lol. If you look back into the bible and other religious non-christian faiths they have some kind of link to UFO'S if u read them carefully enough and u dont even have to replace words. Even cave paintings and ancient civilisations have links to UFOS and beings from other planets.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cynical572
A kingdom in "Space" seems more plausable than a "super-perfect kingdom in the clouds".(no disrespect intended)

So you are saying that god is somewhat like Drax in the James Bond film "Moonraker(1979)"?

Interesting...

I really thought Jaws was the best bit in that film.

Link to Moonraker for the uncultured...

I can see your point but I really don't think that the bible is a scientific text and shouldn't be used to explain the physical structure and composition of the universe.

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
someone brought up the idea of the star of bethlehem being a ufo guiding them to jesus.

Thats been done in a sci-fi story but with humans being in the UFO. Goes like this>

1. set in the future mankind travels the stars & find a primitive civilization.
2. We do the abduction/fertlization thing to a female member and put her back.
3. When the baby is born its regularly abducted and told about earth and how he came to be but must keep it secret - non interference etc.
4. Now a young man with humans modern knowledge he cant stand to see his fellow people suffer and uses advanced medicine to heal people
5. Locals proclaim him son of God on their planet & he gets killed my state authorities
6. War engulfs the civilization- disastrous outcome humans know theyve started a religous war that will last centuries.

its an interesting parallel to jesus with virgin birth & miracles , if anyone can remember the name of the book/short story i'd like to know.

[edit on 13-9-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Sep, 15 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I heard that the two most powerful known alien races fought over the earth as they both wanted to add it to their empires. In the process they destroyed earth. Afterward the reptilians (who were one of alien races fighting for control) sent some scientists to help rebuild earth. When they were rebuilding they fiddled around with our ancestors DNA and modern human was created. The other race then came back and started Israelite God. Using the Israelites as their people they spread there ideas (including anti-reptilian thought) throughout the world. They also told us how to make a different race who hide out here on earth, the Greys, retreat in Jesus name.

The two races still wrestle for control of earth and now the time to fight it out again may be coming but isnt in either races agenda for the earth to be destroyed again. Also this time the rest of the 'good' alien races will not stand by and watch us be harmed.

Cant remember were i read/heard this, what would be considered blasphemy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join