It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone tried this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hi ATS, has anyone tried this:

Reading the Bible and substituting all occurances of the words "Heaven" or "Heavens" with the words "Space" or "Atmosphere"...

For example: "...And God created the atmosphere and the Earth."
or: "God's kingdom in space. "...And God seperated the land from space creating the atmosphere", etc. etc.

I've read many threads speculating about space references in the bible. Substituting the word heaven with space really changes things if you ask me.

Also, along the lines of this same subject, The story of God using Adam's rib to create Eve, kind of sounds like a story of using human DNA to create another human being. And the story of Noah...well, DNA samples of all those animals would make more sense. Ezekiel's wheel= the wheel of the zodiac. A kingdom in "Space" seems more plausable than a "super-perfect kingdom in the clouds".(no disrespect intended)

Btw, I am not an athiest. just someone with a curious mind trying to think outside the box. Anyone out there ever tried looking at the bible in this light?

[edit on 12-9-2007 by cynical572]

[edit on 12-9-2007 by cynical572]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:36 AM
link   
This is what I am always telling people. Jesus Christ and whichever other "deities" were around back in ancient times obviously had to come from SOMEWHERE. I believe "gods" were real-life actual beings that came here from other places. From where? I have no idea lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Oh very interesting indeed. Very good observation.

It also supports the theory of Eden being on another planet.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Jesus Christ is an alien ? is the Star of Bethehem a UFO which guided the 3 men to Jesus Christ which is an alien ?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   
This is quite an interesting read, quite far out there but some good points
www.mbeach.karoo.net...

these days if we saw a flying saucer we would think they are aliens, back then people would probably assume they were gods

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Have you ever replaced the words heaven or heavens with McDonalds and Burger King….

"...and God created the Burger Kings and the earth..."

..."God's kingdom in McDonald's..."

You can make your point by substituting whatever words you want. That doesn't make it a valid point.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yeah well, 'heavens' and 'space' are at least synonyms in the sense that maybe there could be an issue with translation or interpretation. The rest of the ideas such as DNA and whatever are probly just my modern mind associating modern ideas with the stories of an ancient book. But it's not really that "crazy" of a notion to consider, is it? And the words Genesis & genetics do sound a lot alike.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Hmm this theory has been around for a while as far as i know, always intruiged me greatly though, a lot of people knock the ancient astronaut theory but i think it could be a perfectly good explanation, makes more sense that 'god' creating everything if you ask me.

If your interested in this theory then please watch the following video, it is very good and opens up a few nice ideas for all to discuss

video.google.co.uk...

(sorry about the link, was having trouble embedding the vid!)

enjoy!

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cynical572
And the words Genesis & genetics do sound a lot alike.

Alright. I think you are really stretching now.

Replacing whatever words you chose and saying that certain things "sound alike" is hardly basis for a reasonable theory.

Leaving my personal beliefs aside, I think you are reaching a bit too far with this. Saying that Genesis sounds a lot like genetics is pushing it.

What if people did that with everything in the Bible. Someone might take the story of Noah's Ark and say; "Man, ark…sounds a lot like bark…maybe…NOAH WAS DOG! It's all a metaphor for how Noah was really a sheep dog who herded the animals on to a boat!"

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?

yes...sorry. I'm not really trying to push the whole "they sound alike" thing, just mentioned it. They actually "mean" similar things...Genesis is a story of creation. Genetics can be a science of creation.
The ideas in this thread are definetly not my personal beliefs. Just a topic that I find interesting.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Considering that the bible is made up of many different books, with others thrown out because they "didn't fit" with the Council's ideas, and constantly translated and rescribed, you can pretty much make whatever you want out of it....

The faithful are better off going with the basic ideas and themes of the Bible, than to try and interpret word for word, unless they want to learn Hebrew and/or Greek and Latin.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

You've missed the point by a couple of miles. Heavens=space=sky etc etc. He didnt just pick the word out of nowhere like you obviouslt hink he did.

The heavens is often referred to just being the sky.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza
reply to post by nyk537

You've missed the point by a couple of miles. Heavens=space=sky etc etc. He didnt just pick the word out of nowhere like you obviouslt hink he did.

The heavens is often referred to just being the sky.

I don't think I've missed the point at all. I know exactly what point the OP was trying to make. The fact remains, however, that it doesn't make a reasonable argument.

By the way, I think I know a few people who might also refer to McDonalds as "heaven" or "the heavens".

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
the rib story really does resemble the dnk....interesting^^

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

The fact remains, however, that it doesn't make a reasonable argument.

I believe that there are numerous verses in the Holy Bible that have had their interpretations questioned over the years because of translation issues. And I don't think it's that risky to say heavens could mean space. So when the Bible refers to a Kingdom in Heaven, one could reasonably argue that it is reffering to a Kingdom in space, ie Another Planet.

nyk537: Thanks for contributing to the discussion. Could you provide any insight as to why exploring this line of thought is so "Unreasonable"???

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Anyone who'd refer to McDonald's as heaven must not get out much.

And I don't think it's a stretch to consider that heavens and space are the same thing at all. Even many religious people can see the connection. Plus they were not exposed to technologies to help them explain some things the way we'd explain them today.

Very interesting subject.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Jesus was never real he is a fable told by illuminati to hide true relegions keep worshipping the tortured blood god jesus

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Noman No book Nothing can teach you how to be with GOd. Only you can If you follow a priest a Rabi.any relegious figure you are lost from the get go.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Leaving my personal beliefs aside, I think you are reaching a bit too far with this. Saying that Genesis sounds a lot like genetics is pushing it.

genetic: Etymology: genesis
1 : relating to or determined by the origin, development, or causal antecedents of something

genesis: Etymology: Latin, from Greek, from gignesthai to be born -- more at KIN : the origin or coming into being of something

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yes, I have thought about the rib being DNA also. A rib even resembles a piece of DNA with its ladder design, a rib is like one rung. I think the Bible says a lot of lies if taken literally.

We all know the Earth is somewhere in the 4-5 billion year old range. I am a Christian, and I don't think it is blasphemy if you don't believe the literal translation of the Bible. The Bible has been watered down and changed many times in the last couple thousand years. As we all know the Vatican and pretty much all major church's in the world are completely corrupt. Who knows which books we are missing. Nice post.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join