It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School bus thefts raise security concerns

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   

The Houston Police Department's Criminal Intelligence Division, the FBI and the Harris County Sheriff's Office are all concerned about a large number of school buses that have been stolen in the Houston area over the last several months.

Story dated 28/08/07

I know this is a couple weeks old, but I don't remember (and couldn't find) anything on this here on ATS.

This worries me. 17 school buses stolen? Will there be "substitute" bus drivers in stolen buses driving off with our children? I don't have a lot of confidence in the school security as it is. And how many people really think anything is wrong when a school bus pulls up to a mall, or an airport, or even stops at a dam or a bridge. Field trips, unruly students, or bus drivers just passing time till they make their next pickup or drop off....I see them all the time parked in all sorts of places.

subbcindy

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe there are no GPS tracking devices on school buses. Also, it's not like you can hide these in your backyard...

Strange story.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
that's a frightening thought but I tend to think that they'd be better suited as a tool to gain entry to an area for destruction and not as a means of blowing up kids.

a cop might let the school bus thru a checkpoint, even without kids, as the driver needs to get to his kids on time.

if a group did anything nefarious with a bus filled with kids, I doubt if they'd find any support around the globe and they might even lose support from within as people begin to see just how low they would be willing to go for their cause.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
here's a much earlier thread relating to schools as the next target

Terrorist plans found to attack US schools and buses within six weeks

and then today I read this....

Mass Slaughter In Our Schools: The Terrorists' Chilling Plan?

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

thanks WW, now I will never sleep again. The second article, the one you read today, is from 2006 so perhaps the fear mongering in it is more of that than actual facts. I hope so. For the sake of our children, our sanity and the morons who will feel the wraith of one angry planet.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
My gosh that is scary. I am so glad I home school my daughter. I will be saying extra prayers for protection over the little ones...If something along these lines really did happen, there would be an uprising like you have never seen before against the Jihadists...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
What's even scarier is the fact that Glenn Beck talked about this last night, and talked about it on his radio show today. Giving a lot of reference to what happened with the Chechians.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Oh man, I dont think you can get much scarier than that. My mind is now comming up with a million things they could do with a school bus. What a prime target. Im surprised I have not heard more on this.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I really don't believe the main concern is the children, to be honest. I am more concerned with the potential security breaches.

How many people are that concerned about randomly parked school buses? I imagine a bus pulling into the NASA visitor center, telling the gate they are there to pick up their students.....kaboom?

On a side note....where in the heck can you hide a school bus, much less 17 or more of the suckers?

I can't see them stealing them for export to Mexico, as so many stolen vehicles from Texas are. I don't think the border crossing is going to look at a Klein ISD bus and just wave it across.

Any ideas?

subbcindy

top topics

join