It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A clear UFO in picture.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

Originally posted by cloakndagger
How much more evidence do you need? This is clearly not a fake.
]

Not a fake, yes. But that doesn't mean you are looking at flying saucers.

Maybe a Pigeon?

Cool picture. One of the better ones I have seen.

Without telling my young daughter what I thought it was, I asked her what it looked like.

She said it looked like an upside down penguin flying in the air on it's back. With its white belly sticking in the air.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is my first post, so please go easy on me. Have any of you photo experts thought to try to find the angle from which the sun is illuminating objects and casting shadows and try to find a corresponding ground shadow for this object?

Bryan

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Seems like I'm doing a lot of apologizing these days for my sharp pen
That was a stupid statement on my part.

I think what happens is people ignore the birds in their photos until they start reading here or on other UFO sites. Small planes flying away from the Photographer can also be deceptively UFOish. Lenticular clouds often look like disk shaped UFO's. Also insects -

Size and angles can deceive. This photo shows a No-see-um (gnat) probably an inch from the lens. This could pass for a shot from an airplane of an incoming UFO. In fact it is a layer of fog and I'm a couple of hundred feet up a hillside. This is the only bug I have not deleted on this computer or I'd post more. All the birds I have are too high of a resolution so not much sense in posting. I'll try and look for more examples of bird shapes later if I get a chance.

The photo below is an IFO (Identified Flying Object) just before I ducked like the coward I really am

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tenacious_b

Nothing wrong with that idea at all. In this case though, the ground below is not actually visible. Something that high in the air the shadow would be far out of frame if the sun were even slightly below 90 degrees.

The best way to look at threads like this is as learning tools. The more of these you read or participate in the sharper your skills will be. A lot of us who seem to be trying to disprove everything are actually looking for the real deal. We want each and every one of these photo's to be real. Sadly they are not as a rule.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mystery_Lady

Without telling my young daughter what I thought it was, I asked her what it looked like.

She said it looked like an upside down penguin flying in the air on it's back. With its white belly sticking in the air.

Ya know, I think she may be right
Looks like that to me too.

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

If that's a bird it must be obease as hell! It should go to weight watchers or something. It can't be that healthy since according to the picture it would be about 30' in diameter! .....a bird...

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
I guess you are not talking about 'zoom' meaning long focal length, which does make distant object look larger. (telephoto lens).
That was I wanted to say, long focal length, but my technical photographic knowledge is too limited for me to remember the right words, my sister is the real photo expert, I only push the button on the camera and see what happens.

That first bird picture is not at 50 meters unless it is being enlarged by the lens system. In real life it would not appear that large at that distance. I suppose that is what you are pointing out.
It was at 50 metres. The EXIF data says "Focal Length In 35mm Format : 420", maybe that will help.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

If I was at your place, the result would be THIS:

Thank you for the amazing pic!

I couldn't agree with your post more.
I admit that i many times i have hard time if i come across with unknown shapes, notably if i have not enough data in order to evaluate its size / distance, as in this case.
The birds shifts theyr shape unbelievably: i'm just able to recognize the swallows!

Experience is important to recognize birds: i can say i'm not enough open minded in order to evaluate their abilities in shape-shifting.
In this post, for instance, i've understand it when i've seen this pic from roadgravel:

Besides, there was the false perspective effect in the only pic available:

an i was trying since the start to find the possible bird shape as if it was flying in direction right-left!

I think this thread is somehow useful; at least, it isn't useless as THIS other one www.abovetopsecret.com... (i'm sure you remember it, i couldn't stop laughing after reading your post www.abovetopsecret.com...
; i've re-readed the whole topic several times!)
BTW, i guess he will come back soon with new "evidences" of the existance of ET in his garden!

[edit on 12/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP
Yes. A little help from the lens. It is a nice picture.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Sorry it took me so long to respond, but last night was just crazy.

Anyhow, using Google Earth, I think I got the correct angle from which the photo was taken and got measurements. I believe it to be an extreme distortion, maybe from the focus of the lens.

If you look at the "building" measurement compared with the "rock pillar" measurement, you can see there's a major difference in distance. I think the focus distorted the depth of the picture because it was focusing on the distant mountians and not building or landscape close up that was captured.

All photos coutesy GoogleEarth.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Nice locations.

Great photos.

Its comforting to have UFOs along on vacation.

I do not think its a bird but is a true UFO.

That is if you didn't see a bird.

Sorry I didn't read the story, just looked at the photos.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
In my opinion, the definition of a clear alien ship picture would be of an alien ship with a discernible element distinguishing it from a blur on a photo or a bird from a side-long perspective. This photo is no such thing, in my opinion.

[edit on 12-9-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Clearly its an alien spaceship built by reptoids but piloted by greys from the zeta reticula star system... / end sarcasm

these images are terrible and could be anything most likely birds- unless you think all those other people just happened to miss 3 alien spaceships fly by?

[edit on 12-9-2007 by yeti101]

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Good adding of the object, really looks believable. Maybe it would be better if sharper and or somthing casting from it.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Usually, when I find unknown objects on my pics, it tells me it is time to clean the lens...

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I would have to go with bird on this one to . I guess everybody wants a clear proof of E.T so badly that any picture that looks a bit alien'ish will do

And again we wait ....

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I reminds me of the time when I had some free time before my brother's wedding in Las Vegas and went for a drive off in the direction of Area 51.

I took several pictures in the desert and a few on the way back to Las Vegas. When I got home and downloaded the pictures to my computer I noticed that one had a "UFO" in the sky. It was slightly clearer than the above picture, but not much better. I sent copies of my "UFO" to several family members.

A couple of months later I saw side view of a Predator on the news in a story about their training at Creech AFB, near where I took the picture and thought "that looks like my UFO". I went to my computer and enlarged my "UFO" and confirmed it.

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
"that looks like my UFO". I went to my computer and enlarged my "UFO" and confirmed it.

Cool show us please, I wanna see.........it may shed light on the picture in question ya know, so if your going to talk about it you aught to be willing to share it with us.....

[edit on 16-9-2007 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Great Pic... looks the real thing to me.

The bird idea just doesn't quite fit, seems like the bird would be some kind of a new species.... flying whales maybe

posted on Sep, 16 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Here's my attempt at discrediting the bird theory.
Let's look at the three objects grouped together:

No look at the largest, enhanced to the best of my ability:

I don't think that looks anything like a bird, from any angle.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join