It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What you can do for 9/11 truth?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
While i am very painfully aware that we all spend lots of time debating this online, how many of us actually speak out about this outside of shadowy internet forums?

What do you do? How do you help to inform others? Do you post fliers? Ask questions? Confront people with hard evidence of government fraud?

And once a group of you know the truth, what next? How do we work together to solve the many problems in our society?

I think that there are a whole lot of people that know, but they remain silent. Many of them may even be unaware to the extent to which 9/11 truth may exist in the people around you.

Unfortunately, we must all submit to normative social influences that force us to conform. The mainstream media will denounce you as a "gay anarchist crackpot" and your relationships with the people around you will be strained. It goes without saying that this is a very divisive issue.

The time has come to take a stand! SPEAK UP OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PIECES!

Now, im not one of those violent revolution types. For as angry as i am, i know it would only be counterproductive. I do fear, however, that many of us will be persecuted like in Tienanmen Square.

EDIT

What I am proposing is asking questions and seeking answers. And if necessary, speaking truth to power.

Basically the same thing we do here everyday, but actively applying it to the real world.

[edit on 9/9/2007 by sp00n1]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I am asking how people utilize their first amendment rights. This entire community is founded upon the very same bastions of free-speech! All i am proposing is having a conversation. The only bias being finding the real truth behind 9/11. I think we all know we have been denied the truth. What that truth is exactly, nobody seems to know.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
What activism do you do?

What "activism" will work? Will dozens of black-shirted angry activists scaring/angering the tourists at Ground Zero work? Will jump up and down behind Geraldo Rivera, providing him with "comic" material work? Will shouting at a politician's entourage in the subway work?

In the history of uncovering the reality behind suspected conspiracies, "activism" has rarely played a role, until this decade.

How do you help to inform others?

In the history of uncovering the reality behind suspected conspiracies, hard core journalism has been the primary tool. Unfortunately, few journalists will consider the 9/11 topic, and those that do are shot down by their management/editors.

Do you post fliers?

Which fliers? Which facts? Which story? MIHOP? LIHOP? Fakery? Inside Job? Multiple choice?

Confront people with hard evidence of government fraud?

Confront? Confrontation only works with irrefutable evidence... what do we have?

And once a group of you know the truth, what next?

What next? Damn... I just want to know what version of the truth we're settling on. There an innumerable number of variations on dozens of core theories that comprise an impossibly large spectrum of conspiracy speculation related the events leading up to, on, and after 9/11/2001. Somewhere in that mess is likely a truth... but where?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Bad news... There is no "right of (or to) free speech" on a private board. This has been covered time and time again on ATS. You have agreed to the Terms & Conditions Of Use by becoming a member, and the ownership has provided all members a venue to express themselves within certain boundaries.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:36 PM
link   
When enlightening others to 9/11 I stick to the facts I can back with science. Whilst it is limiting, it gets past the initial problem of having them stop laughing for a second and makes them actually think about it.

After the initial realization has passed that there is something very wrong, they then say "well, what are we going to do about it? What CAN we do about it? If they could pull off 9/11, then what else are they capable of?".

So, how can we do something (legally)?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
What "activism" will work? Will dozens of black-shirted angry activists scaring/angering the tourists at Ground Zero work?

Of course not. There is nothing wrong with peaceful assembly, but the repression of this movement is bound to lead to heated emotions.

It would seem as though this topic simply cannot be discussed in our society. This is a conversation that we all need to have, as a nation, as a people. What type of humanity are we working towards when we do things like this to each other?

In the history of uncovering the reality behind suspected conspiracies, hard core journalism has been the primary tool. Unfortunately, few journalists will consider the 9/11 topic, and those that do are shot down by their management/editors.

So let's boycott the media, whats wrong with that? We know it full of trash. And a lot of it is slanted, and "inaccurate".

Find another way to inform people.

I reject indoctrination. I seek to inspire people to educate themselves!

Which fliers? Which facts? Which story? MIHOP? LIHOP? Fakery? Inside Job? Multiple choice?

To me it doesn't really matter. I don't have the answers and i can't tell you what to believe. But if you are passionate about any issue you should exercise you right to speak.

Confront? Confrontation only works with irrefutable evidence... what do we have?

We know we have been lied to... a lot. Why we were lied to i cannot answer. I certainly have my theories but i don't know for sure.

The problem is that we can't find out unless we have support to find the truth.

What next? Damn... I just want to know what version of the truth we're settling on. There an innumerable number of variations on dozens of core theories that comprise an impossibly large spectrum of conspiracy speculation related the events leading up to, on, and after 9/11/2001. Somewhere in that mess is likely a truth... but where?

There's no question that the entity responsible for 9/11 is an evil and needs to be stopped. The key to preventing another 9/11 is understanding the first one.

How did we let this happen?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

With all due respect, it is my OFFICIAL POLICY to follow my own official policy.

You see? It's laminated!

Acquiesce serves a purpose, but morals dictate principals.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

No problem, you can follow your own "official policy," but here at ATS, the Terms & Conditions Of Use always prevail.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The one and most important thing people can do is to talk about it with your friends and family.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
If we want the truth, we need to start with what we know. We know that the Bush administration misused intelligence leading up to 9/11. In the political climate generated after 9/11 it was impossible to get answers. The simple fact that we don't have the answers should immediately raise attention. But once again, the political climate makes it impossible to ask any questions.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp00n1
we need to start with what we know. We know that the Bush administration misused intelligence leading up to 9/11

You should start well before that and examine the documented relationship between the CIA and Bin Laden... now flavored with the simple fact that the one person "we" fingered as masterminding the most horrific terrorist attack on America is not only still at large, but the effort to find him hasbeen redirected elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Absolutely! Osama was an assassin for hire that we kept gainfully employed for a long time. A known associate of the CIA. Yet the official explanation is woefully lacking.

Cynics will imply that a "massive conspiracy" would be impossible to cover-up. Were the public officials that were officially designated to find the truth really prepared to open that can of worms? How could they?

Isn't it more likely that big conspiracies have more power and are actually harder to expose?

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Absolutely talk, the old fashioned way, to friends and family. Remember 6 years ago? Not too many people would suggest anything other than what the mainstream media was saying, the "official" story. Now there are all kinds of theories circulating.

When I bring up the subject, I do censure myself a bit. I save my most conspiratorial theories for those I believe have an open mind. For the rest of the sheep ( no offense, but sheep WILL FOLLOW anyone!) I begin by saying at the very least, our government is guilty of criminal negligence from the top down.

Study the current events of the last 7 years, and you'll find that this administration, time and again, has absolutely no accountability.

Terrorists, unaided, are completely responsible for the tragedies of 9/11?! We're talking about a religious ideaology that hit its most advanced ( in terms of science and technology ) peak during the middle ages when they invented "0". They ( the extremists, specifically- I do not group all Muslims in with the terrorists ) are still living in the dark ages. When I served in the military ( between '95 and '99, USMC ) one of my lieutenants told us about training some Saudi's on marksmanship. The Saudi's didn't feel it necessary to aim their rifles, saying, " If Allah wants me to hit the target, I will hit the target." I don't believe those terrorists could have pulled off such a well coordinated attack without somekind of help from our gov't.

Since 9/11 look at the alleged increase in security: a guy with TB gets on international flights, a guy smuggles in a monkey- under his hat!- from S. America, and last week a US Airforce plane transports nukes from south dakota to louisiana and the administration claims it was a mistake!!! And that's not to mention Gonzo's testimony before congress ( "I do not recall" ). Again, when I served in the miliary this kind of lack of accountability was NOT tolerated. At least from what I could see. This administration truly believes we're all stupid: they're not even concerned about appearances any more!

Now that this unfortunate war has gone on for so long, more Americans are open to the idea ( I believe ) that maybe our gov't isn't as noble as we were led to believe in elementary school, so I do believe simple grassroots style conversations with people we run into during our days events are a good way to spread the "truth", or at least spread the desire to find the "truth".

posted on Sep, 10 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nyrossius Maxim

That is a great post! We need to get more people to start asking, "What happened on 9/11?"

posted on Sep, 11 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I feel the same way instead of just knowing and talking on the internet we need to get togther physically for peaceful demonstrations, boycotts and other non-violent forms of protests.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

How about this....

Building 7 collapsed. No plane hitting that one. So what is there to prove? If anything we have to disprove the information given to us by mainstream media.

I think they are the ones who have to start proving. I'm not even gonna get into the Pentagon right now. No way.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Nothing

i do not belive the conspiracy theory
I belive the government is behind it so they can discredit At will

I do think the elitists had something to do with it but governments IMHO

are mere Puppets for the Banking families and their cronies

they are the ones ruining the world IMHO

and they ordered this attack to go to Iraq

shred the Constitution

advance a globalist agenda

Eventually leading up to chipping everyone

thats just my opinion and has no basis in fact
for entertainment purposes only
or in my twisted mind

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Good point, and I also think that topic is important enough to remember incase there are any more attacks. If 911 is all there was, then the truthers will always get overlooked. Yes, if Bush Lied, so can the media. But most would say forget the past and move on in life. Unless....there is another attack.

posted on Sep, 12 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
What can you do for 9/11 truth? The best thing is to read this:

It might not be 100% correct, but it's by far the closest thing we have.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join