It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 protest on FOX NEWS- Geraldo Rivera

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Geraldo doesn't even know who the protesters are but he's putting them down anyway. Aren't reporters supposed to be impartial? At least find out who the protesters are and why they are protesting before passing judgment on them.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Incredibly insensitive, immature, and childish hate mongering.

In short, what a jerk.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

Originally posted by Valhall
jso,

We're not reporters with a mic in our hand proclaiming that we're bringing "fair and balanced" news while calling those names, ok? And if I thought you couldn't grasp the difference between a bunch of private citizens smacking their keyboards on a discussion board and cable news reporter using his mic to air extreme bias, I would have just ignored the silly comparison. But I'm holding out hope you didn't really think it through first.

What's this supposed difference that allows you to condone certain behavior from members here and at the same time condemn it in a news reporter?

Are you interested in seeing the caliber of discussion improve here or not?

Are you interested in denying hypocrisy and ignorance, or will you just ignore it when it supports your POV?

You're a senior member here; many people look to you as an example. But when you have the opportunity to point out hypocrisy and instead choose to say "I thought it was pretty easy to follow - he's just another douche bag", I wonder about it.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blueracer
Geraldo doesn't even know who the protesters are but he's putting them down anyway. Aren't reporters supposed to be impartial? At least find out who the protesters are and why they are protesting before passing judgment on them.

He knew what they were protesting about. You could hear Alex Jones on his bullhorn in the background yelling "9/11 was an inside job." You could see the 9/11 truth signs they were holding on the TV broadcast in the background.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Lol, he throws those comments about the protest.. but he knows he likes it. But why not on 9/11 is this protest happening?

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stfspam
Calling them gay, ugly, and threatening them that him and his fox news crew could take them out really shows what type of scumbag he is.

Yeah, it's pathetic. And he better not get into a fight with anyone, they will just wind up breaking his nose again with a chair.
The guy's a total has-been.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Looks like Alex Jones is quite the celebrity. I tried getting close, but...

It got dark pretty fast, my speedlight was at home! The photos of Geraldo's show came out very dark.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

Well it is obvious WHAT they were protesting. I said Geraldo should find out WHY they were protesting. And he did not know who was protesting. Thirty seconds into the video he said "We've been surrounded by an activist, radical, I don't know, communist group...I don't know who the hell they are."

My whole point is that he seemed to be pretty closed minded to the protester's views because of what they were protesting. He did not know who they were or their reasons why.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Blue racer, you have not seen the whole broadcast. When the truthers first arrived and Geraldo went to his first commercial break, he told everyone to get a life and 911 is not an inside job. So he knew what was up and his soul was sold long ago, so there was nothing he was going to do about it.

The whole night felt scripted too, Alex must get some really good inside tips on to who is broadcasting where and when.

Protestors told Geraldo after his bird flip that he should go do a line of coc aine and go back to drinking his blood. It was some verbal brawl.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Heres a longer clip of the Geraldo show that I just found.......

Video clip here
www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
Okay, Geraldo needs to be fired NOW.

Calling a group of protestors "communists" and saying that they are all into gay sex is NOT responsible journalism.

This is making me LIVID.

Understandable, but since when was FOX ever responsible?

I only have one problem with everyone saying he should be fired. You are trying to censor him and say he should be fired for it. But when people try to censor us it's not okay? No censorship should be permissible of ANY kind. Having good taste and common sense is another story, but is not a law or a prerequisite for journalism credentials.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

I was just going by the first video.

Geraldo didn't "know what was up" or he would not have said what he said. Apparently he is closed minded to the protester's views because he just cannot believe that the government would do that. Again, he doesn't know WHY the protesters believe what they believe. But since they are saying something that he does not believe could happen, he passes judgement on them in a bad way. And that's my whole point.

[edit on 9/9/2007 by Blueracer]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by pjslug

if he wants to take to the streets and express this view i have no problem with that but as a news broadcaster he should be impartial as he is representing his network and in a position of power and they may or may are not be fox's views.

He should be fired for homophobic comments.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
What you all fail to realize is that the constitution states that people have the right to PEACEFULLY assemble. When was the last time you saw a peaceful 9-11 truth demostration? Come on we've all seen the videos of these so called "protests" by these truth clowns. All they do is go up to innocent people minding their own business on the street, and scream in their face how "9-11 was an inside job".

This "protest" was no different. They were on a bullhorn freaking screaming this nonsense at the top of their lungs. That's NOT peacefully assembling. That's disturbing the peace for one, and for 2 it's just freaking rude. Aleks Jones deserved what he got, and Geraldo was right for everything he said about these CTers.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Watch Alex's statement after he was released.

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spawwwn
Geraldo was right for everything he said about these CTers.

You sit behind a computer screen and say that... Big man there!

Why not just say what you feel here about us..

Just what was he right about??? Go ahead say it yourself..

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

JS, that is plain wrong to use Val seniority because you disagree with her post.

You know I think Geraldo is a pin head and for your information he is my husband's cousin from his mother side.

He as a public figure has not right to talk the way he does, i believe that 9/11 was an inside job and many ATS members does too.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black_Fox

Originally posted by makeitso
He's a dufus alright, but I don't think trying to cause someone to loose their ability to feed their family is something ATS is about.

Is it?

Where were you during the Don Imus thing?
His comments towards the protesters is grounds for being fired,period.
If Don Imus got canned,so should Geraldo.

Afterall,its only fair,right?

Sure. But I disagree.
And feel that YOUR comments are grounds for being fired.
Where do you work, I would like to ask them to can you.
Or, if you truly believe what you say above, perhaps you will just resign tommorrow. If you are intellectually honest.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Whats all the fuss about, everyone knows Bush and the shadows are working together.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
My point was about the ATS community, not Imus, or if Gerado will starve.

If ATS is about getting a mob mentality going to try and get some dufus fired, well, perhaps I don't belong here anymore.

Thats not the ATS I joined.

I agree totally.
I believe, that the only qualification required to protest, is being here and breathing air.
But, I could be wrong.
Never let anyone tell you that your rights are diminished, just because they say so.

[edit on 9-9-2007 by weatherguru]

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join