It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Rushing S-400 Missile Systems To Iran??...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
*** Russia Rushing S-400 Missile Systems to Iran?? ***

THIS MISSILE SYSTEM CONSISTS OF 3 MISSILES, THE SMALLEST ONE (9M96E) TAKES OUT MANNED AIRCRAFT UP TO 30KM ALTITUDE OUT TO 120KM RANGE WITH A HIT PROBABILITY OF .9 - INCLUDING STEALTH TECHNOLOGY... THE LARGEST ONE IS ANTI-BALLISTIC WITH A RANGE OF 250 MILES AND CAN INTERCEPT MISSILES COMING IN AT 4.5KM / SECOND.

www.anomalicresearch.com...
www.presstv.ir...

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT THE 40N6 LONG RANGE MISSILE (PART OF THE S-400 MISSILE SYSTEM) IS USED AGAINST BALLISTIC MISSILES?? IF YOU HAIR IS NOT STANDING ON END RIGHT NOW IT SHOULD BE...

Missile #1 (The 9M96E or 9M96E2)
(9M96E or the 9M96E2) to take out planes and or missiles up to 120 km at 30km of altitude - and contains a dual mode guiding system -
KILL PROBABILITY AGAINST MANNED AIRCRAFT 90%, UNMANNED AIRCRAFT 80%
"A gas-dynamic control system enables the 9M96 missile to maneuver at altitudes of up to 35 km at forces of over 20g, which permits engagment of non- strategic ballistic missiles with trajectory speed up to 4.8km/s. - globalsecurity.org"

Missile #2 (48N6DM Medium-Range Missile)
The new 48N6DM missile, an upgraded version of the long-range 48N6 for the S-400 air-defence system, was tested by the Fakel Machine Design Bureau on 30 April 2004 at the Kapustin Yar Missile Test Range (KYMTR). Other missiles associated with the S-400 system include the 9M96, 9M96M, 48N6 and 40N6. -globalsecurity.org
Range - we don't know we are still looking on the net..

Missile #3 (40N6 Long-Range Missile)
This new system is intended to detect and destroy airborne targets at a distance of up to 400 km
"It operates in C-band, and the manufacturers say it can detect and track aircraft and cruise missiles which use stealth Technology"
"It can intercept targets with velocities of up to 4.8 km/sec, corresponding to a ballistic missile range of 3,500 km."

The Iranians have many advanced missile systems - they are NOT BACKWARDS like the media tells us...

They have NATO Designate SS-N-22 Sunburn Missiles

They have SSN-X-26 Yakhont Missiles (Mach 2.5 Cruise Missile with Ramjet Drive) already... RANGE : 160 NAUTICAL MILES + WHATEVER ITS LAUNCH PLANE CAN REACH... SPEED : MACH: 2.6 Flight altitude : 5 to 15 meters, final phase,

It was reported in the Jerusalem on August 28th, 2007...

www.jpost.com...

A Possible Scenario if the shooting starts...
"OFFICER OF THE WATCH, MULITPLE INBOUND CONTACTS!! FAST TRACK! PERMISSION TO FIRE??" - OOW just has to have a look - looks over at track screen - PAUSES IN DISBELIEF THEY MAY ALL DIE IN SECONDS... "FIRE!! FIRE!! FIRE!!" - 6 seconds just elapsed.... PANICING OPERATOR STARTS PUNCHING IN LAUNCH CODE TO ENABLE AEGIS AUTO SYSTEM TO ENGAGE
- It has to have a safety - it cannot accidently take out one of their own planes... 9 - 12 seconds just elapsed. Aegis system already had computed a solution, and had heavily alarmed - warning the operator. It was not permitted to launch until 3 - 6 seconds before impact.... What are the odds it can save 5000 men in 3 - 6 seconds from a inbound 20kt warhead coming in at MACH 2.5?? Or a pile of inbound warheads?? What if the sea state is rough, and the radar has to detect and process the supersonic incoming missile through radar wave clutter...

DO YOU UNDERSTAND WE ARE NOT INVINCIBLE TO THESE WEAPON SYSTEMS??

IF THE RUSSIANS ARE WILLING TO PROVIDE S-400 MISSILE SYSTEMS TO ENABLE IRAN THEY PROBABLY GAVE THEM NUCLEAR TIPPED SUNBURNS - OR NUCLEAR TIPPED ONYX'S ALREADY.... THE SUNBURN CAN CARRY A 20KT NUCLEAR WEAPON.
Google it and learn about it yourself

www.google.ca...

They also have their home cooked Shahab-3 Missiles Not to mention working on Shahab-5 and Shahab-6 Missiles...

www.google.ca...

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 8/9/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
America can make it rain far longer than they can swim by tossing long range cruise missiles.

Russia just wants to test out their new systems against a real American attack.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Malichai

I suppose if Iraq and Afghanistan were about the USA testing out new systems then your analysis of the Russian situation with regard to Iran may well be spot on.

I also think that the US Americans and the Russian people are not buying into the big Muslim Enemy as the backroom boys had intended, so a return to the great Russian menace or the great American menace will help propel forward the military-industrial complexes in both nations.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, scenario aside.

Several things to point out:

1) Russia makes counter stealth claims on almost a daily basis. At what range? I doubt highly that the detection rage would be at the extreeme range of the radar system. Remeber that stealh aircraft can be detected close in by many radars.

The current ARM the HARM has a range of 50 km and is fairly fast.
Officialy the AGM-136 aka Tacit Rainbow was canceled, but rumors persist that they were deployed over Iraq and if real have a range of over 400 km
The AGM-158 JASSM has a range of 100 km.

The last two are low observable designs. The JASSM is under fire but will eventually be fielded.

The bottom line is that unless the S-400 radar system can detect stealth a/c at thier extreem range (which is doubtfull IMHO) by the time they get a skin paint, and ARM or other party favor will be on its way to its location.

Or it could simply be plinked by a high flying B-2 from a distance as well.

2) It is doubtfull that Russia will provide enough of the systems to cover the entire country. There will be gaps covered by less capable systems. Those gaps can be exploited.

3) Standoff: Tomahawks and CALCMS can be fired from extreem ranges (1000+km) and enought can be used to saturate the system and a few would get through

4) Jamming. The detection ranges at max ranges assume no jamming etc. So that also will degrade its detection range.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The S400 should be able to dectect planes with stealthiness like the F117 easily just because the F117 is an old design. What exactly with the B2, F22 and JSF i dont know. It also depends on which side faces the radar.

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have been saying and posting for ages the fact that Iran and quite possibly Syria have the sunburn missiles.

Joe Vialls reported this in great detail back in 2003.

Many have ridiculed these claims, but Im sure if ego gets the better of the Bush administration, then they and the Israeli's will soon find out.

War is a game of unknowns and you dont know for sure what yur adversary has or who's backing them up for certain till you make that first move, but once its made, theres no backing down.

Ridicule the Sunburn against the US technology all you want but its a know fact that the suburn missiles are know to be aircraft carrier destroyers. something the US would not want to test out........or would they to justify an attack!

posted on Sep, 8 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Ridicule the Sunburn against the US technology all you want but its a know fact that the suburn missiles are know to be aircraft carrier destroyers. something the US would not want to test out........or would they to justify an attack!

Probably why their carriers have been withdrawn to a respectful distance... That means a higher work effort to maintain aerial supremacy over Iranian targets and also higher vulnerability to SAM threats due to the need to maintain an intact strike force to keep an intense bombardment of Iranian targets.

I wonder where the BUFF's are???

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimmyBlonde
I wonder where the BUFF's are???

Busy flying nuclear ALCM's over the central part of the USA

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Some of the info may be wrong, on Russian T.V. and other sites it was said the S-400 will have 4, "48N6DM Long-Range Missiles" and 3 "9M96 Missiles" for short range missiles that might be launched to destroy the S-400 complex, 1 Battery of S-400 will cost $1 Billion and consist of 8 Command Moduals, 8 Target trackers, 8 Laser Illuminaters, and 4 missiles each which will be a total of 32 Missiles, this was (specificaly reported), so I'm assuming each 48N6DM missile will cost between $2-3 Million so if Iran spent $ 8-12 Billion they could get 4000 48N6DM missiles ( thats 500 missiles per each launcher) and they could easily defeat in coming F-22/15/16/18 and all other cruise missiles, but unless they do this they won't stand a chance. BTW yes the S-300 PMU-2 could shoot down the B-2 and F-22 and now the 400 will most defenatly be able to do this.
1. en.wikipedia.org...
2. www.astronautix.com...
3. www.globalsecurity.org...
4. warfare.ru...
5. www.fas.org...
6. www.missilethreat.com...

[edit on 9-9-2007 by YASKY]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

My concern is everything that the Russians put out are Rocket Start, RamJet missiles, - Lets face it the most most advanced public missile that the Americans put out is the AGM- the stealth cruise, it isn't even supersonic..

The Russian missiles are all clocking like Mach 2.5 with hit probablities of .9,

Even a 'backwards nation' like Pakistan successfully tested their stealth cruise
washingtontimes.com...

Do recall the Chinese, the Taiwanese, the Asians, and the Easterners put out ALOT more cheap electronics than we do... They could pump this stuff out like left over VCR's on Boxing day..

Also Check out the SS-N-26 YakHont... Or even their older SS-N-22 Sunburn Missiles.

We have this ignorant belief that because we are the US we MUST have the most advanced technology, do recall that the Russians did build at the height of the cold war 5 times the number of nuclear warheads that we ever did...

[edit on 9-9-2007 by XR500Final]

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by YASKY

I'm not stating we are going to LOOSE against them, of course not we can just launch ONE ICBM and have it air burst over Iran and its all over,

However what I am trying to warn people about is the simple fact that if the Russians give even 3 or 4 nuclear tipped SS-N-26 YakHonts with 3 - 4 conventional SS-N-26 YakHonts, lets say 10 in total, we will easily loose a carrier...

The patriot missile system is not perfect, and may not intercept an incomping missile...

www.theregister.co.uk...

3-5 Sunburns coming in on a windy day amidst the radar clutter of the waves will definitely give any system a run for its money... They can be programmed for very low flight (reducing their range) and can come in only 5-15 meters above the water with all kinds of zigzagging crud going on if they need too. Do recall at Mach 2.5 they are travelling at roughly .8km/second...

.8km a second, thats kinda like fast, picture a distance 5 miles, count to 10 its there..

Google SS-N-22 Sunburn Missile or SS-N-26 Yakhont...

It tells me we are putting up ALOT of assetts in theature and really our Aircraft carriers are only political time bombs waiting to happen. Their obsolete and the Navy echelons KNOW IT, but their funding would be trashed if the stopped promoting the carriers..

My hairy scary article I wrote on it:

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JimmyBlonde

Yes your right that is why most of them except the very most advanced is sitting out of Iranian missile range on a exercise down in the Bay of Bengal.

I made a nice 'Google chase' Track page you can see where News Articles say the carriers currently are, by just clicking on each google chase.

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I am saying U.S. will loose if Iran had 4000 S-400 Missiles

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Well now its in the Jerusalem post, they post things for a reason, and they let the enemy (Iran) know what they know for a reason, the fact that Iran has the SS-N-26 YakHont missile should make anyones hair stand on end.

Range 160km
Speed Mach 2.6 (.9 km/second)
5-15 meters of altitude.

Nice pictures of it all over images.google.com (notice the intake for the ramjet on the front of the missile)
images.google.ca...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It looks to me like things are getting hotter between the West and the Soviet East...

Russia to deploy S-400 Missile system around Moscow...

en.rian.ru...

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Here Israel is getting Patriot -3 Does anyone know how it performs against Soviet High end technology...

www.domain-b.com...

It seems to me anything manned - IS OBSOLETE, its a push button remote control, fly the missile to your house kinda future...

Fighters, Bases, Aircraft Carriers, and the what like are all just targets of todays or tomorrows missiles.

I cannot think of any time that the West has had to even face a Sunburn or a Onyx missile attack... Does anyone have any data where they successfully held them off??

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Quote :

Some of the info may be wrong, on Russian T.V. and other sites it was said the S-400 will have 4, "48N6DM Long-Range Missiles" and 3 "9M96 Missiles" for short range missiles that might be launched to destroy the S-400 complex, 1 Battery of S-400 will cost $1 Billion and consist of 8 Command Moduals, 8 Target trackers, 8 Laser Illuminaters, and 4 missiles each which will be a total of 32 Missiles, this was (specificaly reported), so I'm assuming each 48N6DM missile will cost between $2-3 Million so if Iran spent $ 8-12 Billion they could get 4000 48N6DM missiles ( thats 500 missiles per each launcher) and they could easily defeat in coming F-22/15/16/18 and all other cruise missiles, but unless they do this they won't stand a chance. BTW yes the S-300 PMU-2 could shoot down the B-2 and F-22 and now the 400 will most defenatly be able to do this.

Here : www.globalsecurity.org...
We learn..
In 2000, Iran, which was the world’s fourth largest producer of crude oil, averaged about 3.72 million barrels per day (Mbbl/d). Average crude production had been 3.56 Mbbl/d in 1999 and 3.63 Mbbl/d in 1998.

If it costs them $10/barrel to produce it and world price is $70 average, they make $223 Million, they could buy a battery every 5 days if they took their national output of oil and diverted the funds to buying missiles..

posted on Sep, 9 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
What is very interesting is in addition to this - is all the saber-rattling by the US just postering.. Does Iran already have a nuclear device? Are they simply trying to stop Iran from making LOTS of nuclear devices and becoming a global threat... Especially with their Shahab -5 and Shahab 6 Multi-stage missiles that they are working on... which could park a warhead right onto US soil...

Article by a Danish Intelligence Officer
annika.mu.nu...

In autumn 1991 Nursultan Nazarbayev, the president of Khazakhstan, sold three nuclear warheads to the Iranians. The Iranians wanted to use them as a prototype for their own bomb manufacturing. The price was said to have been 7.5 billion USD. Whether this amount is true or just the fantasies of a less paid government official, I cannot verify. The amount was to cover all bribes and kick-offs and military protection during transport. Every country involved had demanded their fair share of the deal.

Anyway, the warheads were removed from a military depot somewhere in Kazakhstan and transported by train down to Makhachkala in Daghestan. Here they were reloaded onto huge trucks and then taken through the Caucasian region and into Turkey. In the city of Dogubeyazit the Iranians met the convoy and took over. The three vehicles were then driven by Iranian drivers down to the border post Bazargan, where they entered Iranian territory.

The warheads were brought down to Teheran and parked in the military campus Lavizan. Here they were seen by a soldier who later defected to Israel and told the story to the Israeli intelligence services who at that time were unable to verify the matter further. Various rumours have been circulating ever since. Some stories say two bombs, some say four. The correct number, however, is three.

If you go here : www.presstv.ir...

You find out Iran states "They have no need to buy time..." Kinda a veiled statement that they are already done their work, or already have some nuclear devices...

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
1) Russia makes counter stealth claims on almost a daily basis. At what range? I doubt highly that the detection rage would be at the extreeme range of the radar system. Remeber that stealh aircraft can be detected close in by many radars.

Russia makes far fewer claims about their anti stealth weapons than the US makes about their stealth capabilities and given that i think i know who's bluffing for the publics benefit.

The current ARM the HARM has a range of 50 km and is fairly fast.
Officialy the AGM-136 aka Tacit Rainbow was canceled, but rumors persist that they were deployed over Iraq and if real have a range of over 400 km
The AGM-158 JASSM has a range of 100 km.

I can go with that...

The last two are low observable designs. The JASSM is under fire but will eventually be fielded.

Does look that way.

The bottom line is that unless the S-400 radar system can detect stealth a/c at thier extreem range (which is doubtfull IMHO) by the time they get a skin paint, and ARM or other party favor will be on its way to its location.

And then they will shoot down the harm or let close in short range Sam's do it for them...

Or it could simply be plinked by a high flying B-2 from a distance as well.

Right.....

2) It is doubtfull that Russia will provide enough of the systems to cover the entire country. There will be gaps covered by less capable systems. Those gaps can be exploited.

I seriously doubt Iran can afford to purchase the type of air defense, given someone were willing to produce or export that much, resources that could effectively protect them from US air assault.

3) Standoff: Tomahawks and CALCMS can be fired from extreem ranges (1000+km) and enought can be used to saturate the system and a few would get through

Admitted stocks of CALCMS are at about 250 and without nuclear warheads that is not enough to manage much. Even stocks of Tomahawks are not great and the type of massive expenditure that will be required to effective attack Iran will seriously deplete US stores for possibly a decade to come.

4) Jamming. The detection ranges at max ranges assume no jamming etc. So that also will degrade its detection range.

Definitely and unless Iran can launch the type of counter attacks that Russia and few others can manage their SAMs will be much less effective...

Stellar

posted on Sep, 13 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Double post!

[edit on 13-9-2007 by StellarX]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join