It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Rabbit & Springer CAPTION CONTEST - And The WINNERS Are!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:
Ex

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Dave: "Oh come on Springer... I only shaved One of your eyebrows when you dozed off during John Leers moon lecture. Move your hand. No one should notice."

[edit on 31-8-2007 by iggster]

[edit on 31-8-2007 by iggster]

Ex

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If You Like A CAPTION, Click On The STAR On The Submission. The TOP 20 Of ALL SUBMISSIONS That Are STARRED, As Selected By The Membership Will Be Submitted To The AMIGOS For FINAL SELECTION. Because Of The HUGE Amount Of Site Response, The TOP FIVE Will Receive Points As Follows:

1st - 25,000 ATS/BTS Points (Choice)
2nd - 10,000 ATS/BTS Points (Choice)
3rd Thru 5th - 5,000 ATS/BTS Points (Choice)

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave Rabbit

Now that we know this, I urge everyone to go back through all the posts and rate them. I'm sure many people passed up rating them just to view them quickly. Please go back and do so, as it will help all of us make it to the final selection.

MORE IMPORTANTLY:
Dave,
The only problem with this is that if people decide not to go back and rate them all, it leaves the entries at the later pages of the thread with no stars or less stars. Obviously, at the beginning of the thread more people were reading it and more people participated in starring the posts. I have not seen any posts since the first few pages with large star points, and there are easily many captions in later parts of the thread that are funnier than ones on previous pages that received the large star points. I urge you to take this into consideration and figure out a fair and evenly balanced way to allow all good entries into the competition. You know as well as I do that if the thread is 100 or more pages long, most people are only going to vote for the first few pages and not bother reading any further. Therefore, I think the judging should be left up to the judges and not based on who has more stars.

If you would have implemented your new rule before the contest started, then it would make perfect sense and be appropriate. Actually, even then it would have still been problematic because not all people read all through the whole thread.

Thank you for considering my opinions,
PJ

[edit on 8/31/2007 by pjslug]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Opinion noted..... that said..... if we knew we would have this overwhelming response... we would have. Johnny and I have personally READ every single POST...... we have already made notes and recommendations accordingly. The Amigos have also scanned through and found several to their liking. Still, with over 25 days left in the contest.... there will be ample time for folks to look over ALL the submissions. I have received literally over 200 U2U's alone, not counting what Johnny has received, saying how much fun they have had READING all of the posts by the membership.

Again... thanks for the comments..... but this roller coaster has already started and we are gonna ride it to the end.....

Dave

[edit on 8/31/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Aug, 31 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Dave,

There's an old axiom that umpires never reverse their decisions.

One time, Keith Hernandez hit a grounder to short. The play at first was bang-bang. The umpire (I believe it was Doug Harvey) yelled "safe!", yet pumped his arm in the "out" gesture.

Hernandez looked at the ump and asked: "Er... Am I out or am I safe?".

The umpire said: "Well... I called you safe, but 50,000 people just saw me call you out. So yer out."

I forget now why in the world I just told you that story. But might ye consider calling the contest early? Like, say, end of day, Labor Day (Monday)? I mean, these are a lot of entries to go through and, yeesh, I can't imagine wanting to take the time to re-read them all and hand out stars accordingly.

Also, keep in mind that your post about handing out stars is on a page that's likely to be an old and unread page by this time tomorrow, if not sooner.

I move that the caption contest be completed by midnight 9-3-07, and that all three judges must read every post and not rely on members' stars to guide them home.

It's up to the Three Amigos to decide how they want to judge this. But, if they want to pass their responsibility of reading and assessing every post on to us mere members, I thinks that's a bit of a cheat and a cop-out.

Amigos,
As the judges, ye and ye alone must read and decide for yourselves the merit of each entry. Don't ask us do yer leg work for ya. 'Cuz we prolly wont.

TS.... As I tell every worthless attorney I have ever had, "We'll take it under advisement."
Seriously though, as we have members that only come in weekly, every other week or monthly, we decided on the 30 days to give every one the ability to read what the members have posted and vote, if they so choose. Besides, judging from the posts already made, the membership is getting an outlet to vent on Springer and myself!

As always, your thoughts are always valued and appreciated.

Dave

[edit on 1-9-2007 by Tuning Spork]

[edit on 9/1/2007 by Dave Rabbit]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
And viola!! My cigarette vanishes!!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:51 AM
link   
There are two ultimate truths in life that you have to remember. Uh... Umm...

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   
"...so the first guy says to the second guy, 'I don't know what that was, but I don't want it in my soup!' "

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
TheRiverGoddess is looking over here... Quick Springer act like I just said something funny! Don't over do it! She knows I'm not that funny!"

AAC

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Seriously, I don’t know why you think it is so funny – I couldbe President one day!!!!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Springer, I'm telling you, not one single sheet of toilet paper in the bathroom. It's a conspiracy!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I know I said we wouldn't drink a lot Springer, but look around, it's a sword fight in this place.

[edit on 9/1/2007 by infinite8]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:17 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

"Don't exhale yet...now squeeze your sphincter muscle real tight and blow the smoke out through your nose...whoa can you say head rush?"

[edit on 9/1/07 by HaveSeen4Myself]

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Dave to Springer: Look, Lear told me he is sorry for wearing your pink nylons but his black fish nets had a rip in them.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Dave to Springer: Hey Springer, Johnny keeps saying that my bologna has a first name .... What does that mean!

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Dave to Springer: OK how about this (folds out fingers one at a time) you, me and johnny .. the new three amigos. We can make Simon and Skeptics disappearance sooo look like an abduction case.

posted on Sep, 1 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

"You just ate the most acid I've ever seen anybody eat in my entire life, man!"

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join