It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is David Icke a con man?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
judge not and you shall not be judged

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The new age movement is the rise of the old occult order, of course david icke isnt going to say Jesus is the door the key, he channels the spirits that started the lucifer movement, his hollow moon, hollow head, and vibrations from a black hole can not save you either, Jesus can, Jesus came to set the captives free, soon icke is doing a talk at

wembley for £67.00 a ticket, 12000 seating capacity, not bad to repeat a load of half baked ideas, and present false hood as truth, fact, mixed with other clear truth, regarding the demonic nature of the establishment, the anti christs new world order.

you can debunk any thing just not the truth movement,David icke, they dont believe in free speech, threatened by the truth.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by JOHNK46

No, he is not doing it for the money. he was a well known
sports presenter here in England before he changed paths.
And when he did come out with his theories, he was ridiculed,
laughed at, and his day job truely over. Does not sound like a
man doing it for the money!

I like david icke, and i wish there was more people like him.
He has a very interesting mind, and some great views.

posted on Jun, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

No, he is not doing it for the money. he was a well known
sports presenter here in England before he changed paths.
And when he did come out with his theories, he was ridiculed,
laughed at, and his day job truely over. Does not sound like a
man doing it for the money!

He does it for the money.

He switches jobs. Does not mean he isn't in it for the money.
He pushes his stuff and falls flat on his face. Does not mean he isn't doing it for the money.
He recovers from his mistakes and now makes money from it.

One of the things he learned early on is to avoid saying things that can be tested.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

He does it for the money. 

He switches jobs. Does not mean he isn't in it for the money. 
He pushes his stuff and falls flat on his face. Does not mean he isn't doing it for the money. 
He recovers from his mistakes and now makes money from it. 

One of the things he learned early on is to avoid saying things that can be tested.

does not make any sense. He was very famous in england
when he was a sports journalist.Obviously earnibg good
money too. But one day he wokje up and decided to throw
that all away, get ridiculed and laughed at on the streets,
his children and wife laughed at. So he lost all respect in the
sports world, lost his job, was the nations cliwn for a long time.
He did all this for money. I dont think so

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JOHNK46

I think David Icke is a very unstable person with many mental problems.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JOHNK46
There are many views on Icke:

- He is only out to make money from his wild allegations;
- He is feeding an already overinflated ego;
- He never renounced his wild assertion that he is the son of god. Did he?
- His books are simply copied and pasted from his earlier books, and those are summaries of other people's conspiracy theories;
- He refuses to answer questions on his wild allegations, unless you pay him a tenner!
- A little knowledge is a very dangerous thing, and Icke's knowledge is very patchy;
- He is leading an easily lead section of the population astray with his wild, ill thought out theories;
- His 'website headlines' are more hate fuelled than any of the people he criticises.

Does he want locking up?

Your thoughts...

My thoughts (and I do realize the OP is almost five years old):

If you are a well-known public figure with a cushy job and you suddenly go and make an utter fool out of yourself (I am talking about the public's perception), by declaring yourself the Son of God on public TV, then you only have two avenues left:

a) You try to save face by making it sound like a joke. Unless it's done instantly, it won't work very well, and even if you do react immediately it still may not work very well, but at least you may come off as nothing more than a "weirdo" with an iffy sense of humor. Your ratings may fall somewhat (or not), but that should be the end of it.
Keep in mind, however, that sections of the public, notably the tabloids, will never let it go completely.

or

b) You decide that the enormity of your ridicule is too much to overcome by trying to make people forget about it, so you take the opposite direction, all the way: you try and make a platform of strength out of your ridicule, by exaggerating your statements to the extreme.

Of course you know that that very many people will turn their back on you, as will your employer (especially if it happens to be the BBC), but, people being what they are, there is a good chance that your dogged persistence in your preposterous statements will convince a minority.
If you can then quickly follow up with a few books, taking care not to water down the outrageousness of your statements but reinforcing and developing it, there is a good chance that, in time, you will develop a cult-like following (who will then take charge and defend you and your sanity against all critics).

It is an old, old game: playing on the uncertainty of that fine line between the absurd and the sublime.
It works every time - if you are persistent enough.

edit on 24-6-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
money plays a very big part in the icke marketing machine, he,s not be honest about that, and some of what he presents as truth fact , is no where near the truth, one big deception.

post this video on ickes forum and ask for an open debate about its contents, free country free speech, not there as with most cults david icke messiah of the truth movement cult, no free speech there, you will be banned in seconds,

so what are they so threatened by , concealing, not wanting people on the icke forum to see or hear,

speaks for it self,

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
or post this one there, Alex jones clock work elves, and ask who the Guys are, David ickes spirit guides, that started the Lucifer movement.

it will be the same as the above, you want to be suckered out of parting with good money to keep icke flying all the way to his hollow moon, be my guest, the only thing that will be hollow empty is peoples pockets, ickes bank account will be doing very nicely,

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-morris

does not make any sense. He was very famous in england
when he was a sports journalist.Obviously earnibg good
money too. But one day he wokje up and decided to throw
that all away, get ridiculed and laughed at on the streets,
his children and wife laughed at. So he lost all respect in the
sports world, lost his job, was the nations cliwn for a long time.
He did all this for money. I dont think so

Are you claiming he purposely went out to get ridiculed?

No. He went out there with a new career in mind. Maybe he thought he could use his previous reputation in his new gig. He failed. He was laughed at because he made really dumb statements.

So now he is wiser and has chosen to make vague claims.

If he is as with it as you claim then surely he knows he is a con man.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
most speakers in the truth movement, new age movement , ufo cults, know people will believe just about any thing, i listened to some of ickes predictions his spirit guides had told him, lying spirits, on the fern cotton interview, about Saddam Hussein was dead, which was clearly not the truth,

Alex collier some of his 1994/5 predictions, the moon was a space craft, and had been ordered to leave , by the andromeda council , by 2002 ,

and a host of other false predictions he had channeled , by being a contacted, the frighting thing is icke and collier encourage people to open them self up, to these shape shifting demonic spirits,

thats like sticking your head in a live socket, those spirit will use you as a host, and to lead others further down the rabbit hole of deception, from where many will never return, trapped in a lost eternity.

johnny

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
they also make claims that no one can see or disprove, because they are invisible, or so far out there, ie vibrations coming from a black hole ect. other forces from some other abstract part of the galaxy .

and people swallow it then pay for the next, abstract fix.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
Who knows, all I know is this dude belongs in a psych ward along with the other loons that believe him.

Attacking a mans character is a sure sign of weakness. So by that statement those who think there is a a global banking conspiracy deserve to be locked up in a mental ward. I think you may have just insulted quite a few members of ats. Sure its your opinion but it is not a very well thought out one.

And what about his take on 911 conspiracy. ?Should those who agree with his ideas also be locked up. And all the other interweaving conspiracies that ats members pin their flag to, Should we all be locked up in a mental ward as well. Why have you joined ats if you do not really wish to open your mind to alternate possibilities.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ZRZR2045

Opening your mind to other possibilities is not the same as opening your mind to wacko, obviously false ideas.

Icke has made a large number of wrong claims. Due to his horrible record he has learned to become more vague.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have seen a fair bit of video made by Mr Icke on yourtube...

I think like everyone there are some things he really hits the nail on the head and talks great truth! But he really does let himself down with some of what he says.

He has to many fingers in to many pies i think lol

E

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Does anyone else think its a possibility that david icke uses the reptilian idea as a means to make himself sound crazy in order to beat TPTB to the punch, allowing him to openly expose the New World Order without retaliation from the hidden hand? TPTB continually deem researchers who aim to expose hidden truths as wackos, but, is it a possibility david icke has made himself out to be a wacko so that he can freely expose the truth? Thoughts?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimboSlice
Does anyone else think its a possibility that david icke uses the reptilian idea as a means to make himself sound crazy in order to beat TPTB to the punch, allowing him to openly expose the New World Order without retaliation from the hidden hand? TPTB continually deem researchers who aim to expose hidden truths as wackos, but, is it a possibility david icke has made himself out to be a wacko so that he can freely expose the truth? Thoughts?

Yes, that has crossed my mind over the 12 years I have put into understanding this man, and his pick up work from others before the internet became so huge. As much of Mr. Ickes work is rewritten in his own words from those people who studied the occult back in the early 1900's.

There was a time where I thought his "lizard" theories where being used a metaphor. And still to this day, one could debate that idea.

You have bits of truth, I would agree that it is very much up for debate.
David is able to make these claims, and spread the work of others under the guise of being a total wacko, loon.
In some sense that could protect a person. Who wants to take a wacko seriously? No one.
And TPTB would really want a guy like Icke. 80% of all people who listen to him, will not truly listen. 20% of us will read between the lines, take what we need, and research the rest on our own.
And try to understand, that what you put in your post.. Is very possible. Its one line of thought that can not be totally ruled out.
Yet know deep down, TPTB need people like David Icke. Icke empowers the very forces he talks out against.
As one small truth is, Governments are not all knowing and all powerful, Yet many theories allude to the idea they are more powerful than they truly are.
Like that is saying, David Icke works for them in one sense, and that is up for debate as well.

It truly is all about perception, and how invested you are to understanding the BIG picture.

Yet that is part of the puzzle here. David drops small truths, and then unloads tons of stuff that is rubbish, and can be taken apart and looked at in so many different ways.
That it becomes up to the reader to do their own research.

David's main thing for me, is that he opened doors for me to do my own research, and to think for myself.
It really helped expand my thought process. And taught me how to sort out the BS, from the small nugs of truth he offers. Its a great exercise for the brain, to sort it all out.

Its like getting information about something, Yet 8/10th of that information is bogus. David is helping us by allowing our brains to process in a new way. Such as, learning how not to toss the baby out with the bath water.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JOHNK46

He went nuts after the wogan interview so maybe not a con man.
He says the experience set his mind free, when really it made come up with crazy theories in his head and once he thought about them enough they seem to make sense. Its like with the reptilians, one day he was like "wait they could be ruling us this whole time and how would we know!", "so they must be!"
Its unfortunate i actually feel bad for him hes completely deluded.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Many people like Icke use the shotgun splatter approach in which they try to cast a wide net to haul in as many gullible people as possible. The wider the net the more likely you are to haul in another person into your net of dollar accumulation. That is what Icke and Wilcock and others do.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Not a chance, whats more this is just creating confusion, what other posts have yiu done that are similar to this one.

I have seen Davids home and its a small flat that he lives in, he has a small car amd he certainly is not rich.

So my question to you is this,

Why are you deamonising a man who is telling the truth regarding the banking crimes amd government false flag events?

Be careful what you post mate. I really do not like people who post this dis information, I cant tell you what I think of these kinds of posts designed to create division and try to hide cimes such as 9/11 and the blowing up of child day care centers by the government.

I say this because I found out the child day care center was blown up by the government thanks to David Icke. So anyone who states he is a fraud is inadvertanty stating that blowing up kids is justified IMO of course.

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join