It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The invasion...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The Nicole Kidman movie, not another one of those threads.

If this movie does really good, is it possible that it could be to ufos and space what jaws was to sharks and the ocean?

If there's truth to any of the hundreds of prophecies and predictions I've read this past year or so, then there's going to be something that happens to turn a bunch of people against anything not of earth, and an all out attack seems a bit extreme, but this is mainstream, big budget stuff. All those prophecies could be bologna, so depending on how this movie is recieved it has the potential to "fulfill" them.

Or it could just be another crappy movie on a subject that seems to be getting more and more popular on the internet. I should put extra emphasis on that sentence so I don't come off as such a uhh... one of you guys.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by alaskan]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I forgot to mention it comes out tomorrow in case anybody wants to check it out for themselves. The one review I've read so far says it's not that great, but that's one review. I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Originally posted by alaskan

The Nicole Kidman movie, not another one of those threads.

Why-O-why is this in A&UFO's ?

If there's truth to any of the hundreds of prophecies and predictions I've read this past year or so,

There's not.

All those prophecies could be bologna,

They are.

Or it could just be another crappy movie on a subject that seems to be getting more and more popular on the internet.

I'm sure it is.

I should put extra emphasis on that sentence so I don't come off as such a uhh... one of you guys.

If you are referring to UFO researchers,
I take that personally and would like an
apology.

Waiting,
Lex

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I like ufo researchers, just not the ones that post obviously fake videos all the time and predictions that never come true. It was just a little jab, don't get all upset over nothing.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
^^^
LMFAO!
Way to put that jokester in his place alaskan! I too think he is upset!

[edit on 16-8-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by xmaskx

^^^
LMFAO!
Way to put that jokester in his place alaskan! I too think he is butthurt!

My Dear Troll,
You obviously have zero grasp of text comprehension.

I suggest some grade 3 reading, then the use of a
dictionary might be needed.

Why, oh why do these children come to ATS ?

Saddened,
Lex

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Lex, you crack me up...love your posts. Often you say what we are all thinking. I wish I could do the same with as much....whats the word I'm looking for....gravitas.

But you did wonder why we get kid kid mentality a lot in this section? Just look at the threads. Some are just plain stupid. And if you get in any of those threads and interject a small amount of common sense you get blasted by the reptile lovers, 2012 believers, space serpent lovers, alien abductees, greer occultists, etc. You get the idea.

Well over half the threads in this section do harm to ufology as a whole.

[edit on 16-8-2007 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lexion

My Dear Troll,
You obviously have zero grasp of text comprehension.

I suggest some grade 3 reading, then the use of a
dictionary might be needed.

Why, oh why do these children come to ATS ?

Saddened,
Lex

Lex, this is typical of what you post on ATS, a condecending attitude towards others with nothing to bring to the table yourself.

Where is your great insight? Others bring ideas, you bring smart ass remarks.

I just dont get it, what are you trying to prove? That you are smarter than others here? Does that make your D##K hard or something?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

Lex, this is typical of what you post on ATS, a condecending attitude towards others with nothing to bring to the table yourself.

Where is your great insight? Others bring ideas, you bring smart ass remarks.

I just dont get it, what are you trying to prove? That you are smarter than others here? Does that make your D##K hard or something?

i would just like to say this: damn! and being a younger user of ats, i dont really like your comments either, its good that you share exactly whats on your mind, you just dont have to be an ass about it. the guy has his opinions, why cant you just let him alone?

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Doesn't this belong in BTS?

Also I would say that this movie is an updated version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers which in turn was a rip of the Heinlein's Puppet Masters.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
An Invasion (the movie) thread is in BTS and that's where this one belongs as well. Actually, since there already is a thread covering this, this one should be closed.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE!

There has been a lot of talk about big events in August, disclosure, mass human casualty, economic collapse, etc. This kind of thing has been the status quo since the beginning of the year or thereabouts. I acknowledge that this is all speculation, but I too have that off gut feeling that a internationally significant event is not too far off. Not trying to make any predictions here - I could SOOO be wrong!
I dunno, just got that funny feeling that wont go away.

Maybe I just have gas?

It's true that the mainstream media and Hollywood seem to cater to the ideological "push" from the gubment. It very well could be "social conditioning" as many members have called it, or it could just be another movie.
Hard to say - after all, it's only speculation.

[edit on 8/17/2007 by damajikninja]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
um the invasion is just a remake of 'invasion of the body snatchers'...

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Ugh.... enough of the bickering.

This is BTS material and there already is a thread about it here.

Contribute to that thread.

Thread Closed

Mod Note: ATS Search – Please Use This Link.

Mod Note: Repeat Topics – Please Review This Link.

new topics

top topics

join