It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions For Christians!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
oh,and it makes no sence to say that if adam is blamed then so are we! hitler started a war and killed millions of innocent ppl! would you blame yourself for that??

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakyll
you seem so sure that jesus did not have children.what makes you so sure?

If somebody stated that your father outside of his present appointed marriage to your mother, married another and fired out a bunch of babies. Would you not be as sure that he didn't (supposing he really didn't), because you know him?

The same as I know the word of my father is truth and in him is no darkness at all. Because I know him. To those who don't know him, his words are just words. His book is just a book. Just as a story about your father to me would be just a story, because I don't know him.

for a moment,imagine thats its true.

It'd be a waste of the imagination which he created in me.

the churches of the world declare that there is a jesus bloodline.would you immediatly give up your faith?

The churches of the world can declare the earth* is flat. Will that make ships fall off the edges?

would you wonder if his decendants existed in our world today? and if so,would you seek them out?

They do, yet they are not of the world. He is the first born of many brethren.

oh,and it makes no sence to say that if adam is blamed then so are we! hitler started a war and killed millions of innocent ppl! would you blame yourself for that??

If you've hated a man in your heart, you've killed him already. When all murderers are sentenced, will Hitler not be one of them?

[edit on 16-8-2007 by WiseSheep]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I believe that you will never truly know someone!! Just as we will never know everything there is to know!! You may believe the teachings of someone,but you will never know all the messages they pass on!!

And,personally,i don't think it would be a waste of your imagination.i'm not trying to test your faith here.i'm not gonna say your wrong to believe.ppl need to think outside the box from time to time.sometimes its good to speculate,it stops our brains from vegetating

When i mentioned decendents of jesus,i ment humans living in this world,in the here and now.its easy to say something exists on another plane.

If you hate a man why does that mean you have killed him? doesn't it just mean you hate him?

Got a question for you,if you don't mind answering it.(a lil off topic.)when i have asked various ppl if lucifer is just an arch angel,why doesn't god kill him,lock him up for all time or whatever,why doesn't he do so?? i always get the same answer.the passage in the bible that says satan will run riot for a while but jesus will come again.this of course leads to another question.why does lucifer get such freedom?? is it punishment against adam and eve? if so,thats extremely harsh behaviour on gods part.billions suffering because he was defied!! or is it because lucifer is in fact not an arch angel,but is the other half of god!! the darkness to light! the chaos to disorder etc etc.wouldn't that explain how powerful satan is?? because it seems strange to me that god has condemned angels and man when he knew what was going to happen!!

kinda rambled on a bit,lol.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

If you hate a man why does that mean you have killed him?

In your own heart you have. GOD searches the hearts of men. That which is in you is naked before GOD. Same example with adultery. Tis why Jesus said "BUT, I say unto you.. whoever looks at a woman with lust, has committed adultery with her already in his heart...". You commit the very act in your heart/mind. Therefore guilty.

Got a question for you.......

You have a question for Jesus. He's the mediator.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I don't think jesus has an ats account,lol.

Its ok if you don't want to answer,(or maybe you can't.)and no doubt your wondering why i said that about satan,him being the other half of god....

Well,its because,if i believed in a god,it would be a god of duality.male/female.light/dark.ugly/beautiful.order/chaos.loving/hateful.etc etc....why? because that is what life is.everything has an opposite does it not? god does not need earth to be full of his creations who worship him daily and sing his praises constantly.he has a heaven full of angels for that.
Maybe this is why god gave us freedom of choice,because,like god,we are a being of duality!

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

I don't think jesus has an ats account,lol.

He stands at the door and knocks. There's no limit to the creator. He has every hair on your head numbered and knows every thought you produce. Whether you think about him or think to him he knows it and doesn't miss a thing.

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm gonna stop before this starts becoming a debate about your belief and mine,coz it'll just go on forever otherwise,lol.

Bottom line is,i don't believe in any of the faiths that exist in the world today.but i couldn't tell you why,lol.maybe its because most religions have been so corrupted over time that all the original messages have been lost.maybe its because too many ppl have used religion as a power to get what they want and they weild it as a weapon.maybe its because women are still seen as inferior and,in the case of christianity,the ruiner of mankind.which has led to great persecutions against women for thousands of years.women have been slaves to man for thousands of years.no race,creed or religion has been persecuted longer than woman....to me,religions should have no divisions between the sexes,we are both equal.we are made different,but we are also made the same.also,relgion should be spiritual not physical.

i've been talking about the book of enoch on another thread,and it tells you more about god/jesus than 90% of the bible does.i'd say.i believe this book to be more of an original message than other works because it was lost to mankind for many,many years and therefore has less chance of being tampered with.a bit like the gnostic texts and the dead sea scrolls.the former works expand on the story of jesus,but because they show mary magdalene as also being a disciple of jesus and his closest companion in knowledge,along with hints that jesus was just a man,the church classed these works as blasphemous!

But as a non-believer i would say to a believer all the works mentioned above add to the glory of jesus and god,and are definatly worth reading!

if your interested you can find most of these works,and many others at a site called sacred-texts.com

[edit on 17-8-2007 by jakyll]

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I'm gonna stop before this starts becoming a debate about your belief and mine,coz it'll just go on forever otherwise,lol.

No it won't. I have to add a small amount to your stop though.

Whatever you believe or don't believe doesn't change the fact that he knows your thoughts, and everything else about you.

Picture yourself in a department store with the most amazing surveillance system you can imagine, yet you don't believe it's there, because you don't see it. Now, you can believe, all day long that it isn't there recording your every move. Does that change the fact that it is?

I imagine if belief in that sense had that much power, there would be some happy thieves around.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
When it comes to faith,i've never been one of those ppl that say seeing is believing.to me,its a feeling you get.because thats how most ppl describe their faith.i don't have that feeling and never have....you believe that it doesn't matter,that god/jesus know me anyway.which has always made me ask,if i live a good life but do not believe,when i die do i go to hell? a local priest says that at my death i would be asked if i now believed.if i said no i would got to hell!! for leading a good life but not believing i go to hell?? uhm,wtf!! lol...

i don't know if you believe something similar.all the christian faiths have different ideas on the subject of death and heaven and hell.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

After watching the da vinci code,(stop rolling your eyes and keep reading)i got to wondering about the family of jesus.some believe he did not have borthers and sisters,others believe that he did.(if so,there is an indirect blood line.)some believe he married mary magdalene,many have demonized her by falsely declaring her to be a prostitute.to them i say,if jesus could forgive her who the hell are you to condemn her!!

The Da Vinci Code was a novel, someone's idea, not reality.

He did have brothers and sisters, as stated in the Bible.

Mary Magdalene was considered a "bride of Christ" as we are when we accept Him as our Saviour. He didn't demonize her at all as He never called her a prostitute. The story of the prostitute is a separate story than that of Mary Magdalene. You are right however, in that, if Jesus forgave her who would we be to condemn her (actually, whether or not he forgave her we are not to judge).

Anyways,my questions are, if jesus had been just a mortal man,a great prophet and not the son of god,would that really effect your faith in him?? would your faith be destroyed if jesus did marry mary and have children??

There are many great men and were many prophets, all of whom were not the son of God. Great men can do great things, great prophets can tell us the Word of God that can lead our soul to Father but only Christ can save our eternal soul. He is the reason for our faith.

To answer your last question, no, my faith wouldn't be destroyed.

...........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by whirlwind

Hi there.
Well,i only mentioned the De Vinci Code because it got a lot of people thinking.And if its just a novel,why would the Catholic church make a 4hr program refuting the whole concept? (this program was shown on channel 4,UK.)If there really is no truth in it,why go to all that effort? Why even sink to such a level? I know there is lots in that book which ain't true,in fact i found his other book angels & demons much more interesting! anyways,you will be surprised at how many books there are that write fact as fiction!

The catholic church called Mary Magdalene a prostitue,they demonized her.i think most of that comes from st paul.when i quote things from a christian faith it'll usually be catholic as i was baptized and raised as one.
the Catholic faith is still the leading christian religion,and we still have to deal with their 100's of years of oppression,ignorance,hatred,mistranslations,power,control etc.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
If The Jesus Christ did exist, and if he existed as a mere mortal, would that change Christianity? Hmmm. I believe that to be a great phillosophical question that really gets me to thinking about things. First off I believe this question could be applied to almost all religions if slightly adjusted to fit that religion's main belief structure. Example, If Buddah did exist, however he never really achieved enlightenment, would that change the beliefs of Buddhists? If Mohammed did exist, however he never really was instructed by Allah, etc. etc. For now I'll stick with the OP's question regarding the Jesus Christ. If you consider the notion that Christ existed however he was just a mortal human with two human parents, that wouldn't change his teachings, his parabals, the morals and great kindness he practiced and preached. or the fact that he martyred himself for the future of his cause. I guess you could look at his teachings as a "Martyr's Suvival Guide on the moral side" instead of a "Holy and Divine must live like this Guide". Interesting thread considering all the factors to take in to account. Arguments can go back and forth for centuries as to if Christ even existed in the first place. If discovered that he was real and that has just some regular guy with a lot of great ideas and beliefs then that suggests the ammount of lies, over-exaggerations, deceit, dis-info (whatever you want to label it as) are on an astronomical scale. In that scenario I predict some would deny the truth, some would become enraged and violent, and some would just make up some new religion about the guy who proved Christ to be a sham and then that guy would be idolized more centuries lol. Threads such as this can only give you a feel of what other's opinion is on the subject. It's fun to speculate, but what could be done to know the true truth. maybe some twisted experiment where a small group of people are given fake proof of Jesus and fake proof of his morality, and study their reactions? who knows, great thread though.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

Hi there.
Well,i only mentioned the De Vinci Code because it got a lot of people thinking.And if its just a novel,why would the Catholic church make a 4hr program refuting the whole concept? (this program was shown on channel 4,UK.)If there really is no truth in it,why go to all that effort? Why even sink to such a level? I know there is lots in that book which ain't true,in fact i found his other book angels & demons much more interesting! anyways,you will be surprised at how many books there are that write fact as fiction!

The problem is if one is unfounded in God's truth they can easily be led in another direction. Remember when Satan tested Christ he did it with scripture. He knows scripture better than most Christians.

So....someone can tell us something and it is true but add or alter part of it to completely mislead. When your very soul hangs in the balance it is of vital importance. Everything you learn, hear, are taught, read, etc. must agree with Father's Word or it could be false, no matter where you get the information (even from some of the "new edition" so-called Bibles or religious books).

The Catholic Church has a lot of past history I'm sure it would like to keep quiet but I don't know if that is the reason for their 4 hour program you mentioned. I believe it was just to keep Christians from being misled. It seems many are anxious to grab at anything spiritual when truth has been in front of them all along.

The catholic church called Mary Magdalene a prostitue,they demonized her.i think most of that comes from st paul.when i quote things from a christian faith it'll usually be catholic as i was baptized and raised as one.
the Catholic faith is still the leading christian religion,and we still have to deal with their 100's of years of oppression,ignorance,hatred,mistranslations,power,control etc.

I believe that not long ago someone in the Church, perhaps the Pope himself, apologized for allowing Mary Magdalene to be considered a prostitute without correcting the misunderstanding but, as you said, they allowed it before that.

.........Whirlwind

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   

if jesus had been just a mortal man,a great prophet and not the son of god,would that really effect your faith in him??

Not at all. In fact, he DIED. Obviously he WAS mortal...but then again, what does that really mean? Mortal, that is. I am both mortal yet immortal. I have died myself, many times. And yet I live. And I REMEMBER. Not from trying to remember - it isn't something I sought to know. And it still just totally blows me away thinking about the things I've come to understand.

would your faith be destroyed if jesus did marry mary and have children??

Not at all. At the very least, Mary was one of his best friends, if not the best. Who was there when he was executed? His mother, his aunt, and Mary. All the men were scared and hiding out...the ones that weren't enduring the same with him, that is.

Howl, O gate; cry, O city; thou, whole Palestina, art dissolved: for there shall come from the north a smoke, and none shall be alone in his appointed times.
~ Isaiah 14:31

NONE shall be alone...in his 'appointed' time. 2 by 2...the buddy system WORKS!

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whirlwind
I believe that not long ago someone in the Church, perhaps the Pope himself, apologized for allowing Mary Magdalene to be considered a prostitute without correcting the misunderstanding but, as you said, they allowed it before that.

That's true. In 591 Pope Gregory I insinuated several things about Mary, for the sake of illustrating a point made in a sermon. In 1969 the Vatican 'officially' retracted his viewpoint, albeit without any sort of explanation. Of course, what could anyone say about it, except Pope Gregory I, himself? And who knows? I'm sure his motives were not malignant.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by cynical572

I know many do not like the idea of being lied to.but Jesus never claimed to be the Son of God.he claimed God was his Father,which is understandable if you believe he created all life.The lies come from the myth built up by Christians,which started with the council of Nicea and then was spread world wide by the Catholics.Jesus never claimed to be divine,so therefore he didn't lie.

I think there would also be a lot of fear in Jesus' humanity too.People fearing for their soul and wondering if there is a paradise on the other side,because that is what most Christian faiths boil down too,the Afterlife and Heavenly Rewards.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by whirlwind

Yeah,the Catholic church has apologized for a lot of things over the years,but it doesn't actually change their point of view!
They made a mistake by condemning the de vinci code,because a soon as that happens people want to know more about it.not only did the 4hr documentry increase peoples curiosity,it didn't even give a structured defence! most of it was like,"its not true...er...because it isn't.so there!"

As for soul's hanging in the balance,well,according to the christian faith,mines going to hell in a hand basket because of my sexuality! Its funny how rapists,murderes,thieves etc,can find God and forgivness,and be promised a seat in heaven.but because i'm a lesbian i'm doomed.i mean,as much as i enjoy men's company,the idea of bumping ugly's with one makes me feel physically sick! To god though,it doesn't matter about all the voluntary work that i do,or all the money i raise/give to charities...i could even be a believer! yet when you're queer you get a ticket straight to hell! well,if all queers go there,i say,cover me in honey and throw me to the lesbians!

Seriously though,i understand what you mean about being mislead.thats why i believe people should read all that they can about something,especially if it's a faith they're going to devote their life to.all christians should read the book of enoch,the dead sea scrolls,the gnostic texts etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I've actually died 4 times! Up to the age of 10 i practically lived in hospital because my asthma was so bad.one of the times i died though wasn't really to do with my asthma,i was in an oxygen tank and a nurse switched my air off!!
Whether it was an accident or not,i don't know.didn't stop my mum from smackin' her though,lol.

Its good to know some people have an enlightened attitude towards Mary.and that you also realise that is was the women in his life who were with Jesus at the end.also,Mary saw him 1st after his resurrection.I've always wondered why his disciples are so highly thought of,yet everyone forgets they abandoned Jesus when he needed them most!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
About dying for our sins:

The wages of sin are death.
The opposite of love is fear.

Adam ate the fruit because he was MORE scared of being ALONE, without Eve, than he was of GOD.

Jesus came to show us we are NEVER alone and we need not fear death OR GOD.

Sin?

Think of a soul as being the letter 'K'. (Ka = Kundalini)
K in sin is skin.

Skin deceives us into thinking we are each separated entities. This increases our fear and therefore we act selfishly. Selfish, at worst, manifests as violence, greed, envy, and paranoia. Not to mention NARROW-mindedness and a condition called stiff-necked.

The only sin is selfishness.
LOVE overcomes fear.
LOVE is the power of life and of resurrection.

Stand by your man, ladies!

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

I like what you said about Adam being scared,i've sometimes thought that.after all,no one wants to be alone!

But what if stand by your man is,"ladies,stand by your woman!"

Apart from those sick perverts who are into children and animals,can love between two consenting adults be wrong,no matter what their sex!?!?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join