It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drew Carey to host The Price is Right!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:08 PM
link   
A new host has been named to host The Price is Right. Congrats, Drew Carey. I just hope the loyal viewers don't turn their back to the change. I remember watching as a kid and will miss Bob Barker.

linky

Thoughts and opinions anyone?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Drew Carey...

At least I could always pretend that Bob was close with the girls.

I expect MiMi in a bikini any day now.

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I'm at a loss...

I could understand Drew doing a TV game show that had a comedic element (like Hollywood Squares, Matchgame, or Family Feud) but The Price Is Right is dry white trash drama... He would be better suited as a contestant than a host...

And don't even get me started on Mimi...

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Drew Carey...

At least I could always pretend that Bob was close with the girls.

I expect MiMi in a bikini any day now.

Ha, could you imagine? That would be the end of the show! If nothing else, Mimi should be
from the show!

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
but The Price Is Right is dry white trash drama..

Yet I mourn.

And don't even get me started on Mimi...

Behind this wall.. *drumrolls*

There is a shiny new car!!!!

*the crowd cheers, kids everywhere throw away the "I Love Bob" t-shirts made out of lima beans and hot glue...*

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Im down with the drewster being the host. He's a great guy and this is a perfect place for him to work until he retires. Go Drew!!

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
[Behind this wall.. *drumrolls*

There is a shiny new car!!!!

That's so mean, but funny as
!

I honestly think Drew will be a good host as long as he leaves out the comedy.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I think he's gonna be great at it. I love watching it and I am not white trash. Sorry, blows that theory out the door. I would not have continued to watch it had Rose O'Donnell been the one to host it.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by vckums
I think he's gonna be great at it. I love watching it and I am not white trash. Sorry, blows that theory out the door. I would not have continued to watch it had Rose O'Donnell been the one to host it.

No, not ALL people that watch the show are white trash. I'm just suprised it's still on the air after all these years.

posted on Jul, 26 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I give the Price is Right 6 months without Bob Barker, He was the show and nobody can replace him. As for people who watch it as white trash, i'd wager that most of the people who watch it are elderly. I work in a nursing home and if you walk down the hall every single television in the joint is blaring "Come On Down". CBS is for old people and they just wont appreciate Drew Carey( I personally think he was the best choice with the possible exception of Tom Bergeron).

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
While I abhor the Price is Right because it engenders materialism, I have a soft spot for it from yester-years.

Sorry, Price is Right just won't be the same. Drew Carey as the host is, to me, a categorical mistake. A really round peg in a skinny square hole. Ain't gonna work.

I might actually watch it if Mimi took over... I'd take bets over who'd shoot themselves first -- Mimi, or the old people watchin'.

posted on Jul, 28 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Drew's a people person. After a period of adjustment I think it's going to be business as usual. Now if you wanted to spice it up a little how about Lewis Black?

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Drew is too talented to a lifer for that show. He will do a few seasons and then leave. They should have gotten an older comedian to do it until he died or was too old.

posted on Jul, 30 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Oh good God...... The humanity... Please tell me you're joking... :shk: Drew Carey? Really?

[edit on 30-7-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Aug, 1 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I bet they change the show around a little.. Probably more comedic and such

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I love love love Bob Barker, I remember watching the Price is Right as a little girl with my grandmother. I wish him much happiness and peace on his retirement, HOWEVER, I can't think of a better replacement then Drew Carey. I was beside myself when I heard the news, a great choice and in my opinion a much better choice then Rosie. Rosie and I share similar beliefs but I find her to be too brass for my taste. Good luck and congrats to Mr. Carey!

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Dres Carey is a Great choice. Bob Barker was awesome, but I think Carey's a good character to continue the show.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Well, we seem to all agree. Good thing Rosie didn't get the job. Chances are it was because of her views she expressed recently. Perhaps the network knew it would hurt the ratings.

The more I think of it, the better I like the idea of Drew being the host.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think this is great because he could spice up a show that really needs it.
Here is an experiment.

Go watch the price is right on any channel that is not hi-def. Can you tell what year it is from??? NO WAY!!! The only way you could tell is the clothes the audience is wearing. Seriously. kinda sad.:shk:

That being said I do actually love the price is right.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think this is great because he could spice up a show that really needs it.
Here is an experiment.

Go watch the price is right on any channel that is not hi-def. Can you tell what year it is from??? NO WAY!!! The only way you could tell is the clothes the audience is wearing. Seriously. kinda sad.:shk:

That being said I do actually love the price is right.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join