It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you wake up when another person enters a room?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I do, almost everytime. I'd say 9 times out of 10 i'll wake up if i'm sleeping and someone walks into the room i'm in.

They could be completely silent and for the most part, motionless. Like even if someone just stands at my door way and watches me I'll wake up.

Does this happen to anyone else? i guess i can sort of feel the presence of another person in my area but i'm not 100% sure because i'm sleeping.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well, yes, we always know when we're being watched. I think that's the primate in us.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Now that you mention it yeah, sometimes i get the feeling that i am being watched, and turns out this feeling is right most of the time
Maybe our subconsciousness is capable of sensing these things

[edit on 15-7-2007 by PlayeR87]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i get the feeling of being watched, when im awake, all the time. most of the time im wrong and im not really even being watched. and other times im being watched by someone and i had no idea..

but when im asleep its a whole different story. i wake up almost everytime someone else enters the room.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Anytime somebody enters my room I wake up no matter how long I've been asleep. Not sure why as I used to not do that when I was younger.

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I do this as well. It amazes my wife and when I had roommates it surprised them as well. They (my roommates) were always trying to pull something stupid and the moment they entered the room I would always wake up and face them. Same thing with my wife, who has tried to do the sneaky "surprise Im home" kissy thing and never pulls it off

I figure its just my subconscious keeping watch while I sleep or something similar.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
I do this as well. It amazes my wife and when I had roommates it surprised them as well. They (my roommates) were always trying to pull something stupid and the moment they entered the room I would always wake up and face them. Same thing with my wife, who has tried to do the sneaky "surprise Im home" kissy thing and never pulls it off

I figure its just my subconscious keeping watch while I sleep or something similar.

thats the exact type of situation im in when it happens to me. except for it being my wife or roommate its my mother. shes usually impressed too and asks me how i always do it. i usually just shrug and mumble something and fall back asleep

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Unless you're dead, you're still hearing and seeing. You can tell someone is near from very slight sensory input.

Why this is in the paranormal studies forum is way beyond me.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   
well hey john mike if you want to u2u a moderator or perhaps suggest a better forum to post this in be my guest.

thanks for the input.

and this isnt the case for everyone. i know a lot of people i won't disturb when they're fast asleep

[edit on 16-7-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   
If you want a suggestion I'd say the science forum, perhaps.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I rarely wake up when someone I know walks into my room. Sometimes I will when I'm in a strange place. But I'm an extraordinarily deep sleeper. Always have been.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I wake up if someone opens my bedroom door.I sleep with a fan and as soon as someone opens my door the change in air pressure wakes me.

But then I've always been sensitive to changes in air pressure so it doesn't surprise me it would wake me up too.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 07:03 AM
link   
phantom i suggest you actually think of something constructive before starting a thread in ATS

"Do you wake up when people come in the room"

"why is it dark at night im scared"

"does britney spears believe in wizards"

Get the point. I feel your talents would be put to better use in BTS.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I kinda have to agree with Tomba. There's nothing supernatural going on here. All animals sleep, and when they do they are at their most vulnerable. It's in built into you that a predator maybe able to kill you when you're at your most vulnerable.

So your body should be in a state of alertness, even though it's fast asleep. Keeping you on guard.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Having people put toothpaste or shaving foam on your hands whilst your asleep has taught me a few things.. aswell as allowing me to share the experience with other unlucky victims lol

To begin with, i would sleep like a rock. Then having friends tamper with your naptime happened a couple of times, and i became more alert again, waking up the instant somethign changed in the room. Now im back to sleeping like a rock again, cos i ditched those old friends, and found myself the best friends ive ever had, who only like to balance things on my head, rather than being a douche and actually getting me to rub my face with toiletries.

Since i learnt from my experiences, i will still wake up if something bad is happening/about to happen, but i don't if its all just a bit of fun (there is a picture of me somewhere on ATS with loads of stuff balanced on my head whilst i was asleep).

My friends have the same attitude, seeing as we all trust each other. My friend who was snoring got louder literally everytime me and my friend joked about the noise, it was perfectly in sync with us talking about him, which means (to me anyway) that he was actually paying attention to us whilst he was sleeping merrily away

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I usually wake up when someone enters the room, or even if someone talks to me. Never used to be like that though. When I was small I'd fall asleep on the floor, fully clothed, then wake up in the morning with my jammies on and no memory of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Aye I do. I could sleep through people having a party right outside my door, but if one stepped into my room, then I'm instantly awake and alert.

I'd imagine it was a useful skill when we lived in caves, having a snooze when a saber tooth tiger wants to make you lunch wouldn't be the best thing in our progression as a species.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tombangelta
phantom i suggest you actually think of something constructive before starting a thread in ATS

"Do you wake up when people come in the room"

"why is it dark at night im scared"

"does britney spears believe in wizards"

Get the point. I feel your talents would be put to better use in BTS.

excuse me i thought the topic was suitable for the paranormal section on ATS.

what is so talentless about this thread?

instead of coming into and criticizing why dont you just:
A) not answer my thread at all
or
B) contribute to the topic of hand

listen people if you dont like something or feel something doesnt belong somewhere its a lot easier to just NOT POST. and for you to compare my question to the questions you posted just isn't cool man.
dont put me down like that.. i dont appreciate it.

I know how this site works and i dont appreciate that post.

as i mentioned before, not everyone wakes up when the presence of another individual is in the room. im curious as to why and who else this happens to.

i didnt make this post looking for suggestions on WHERE i should post. If this doesnt quite suit the paranormal forum that is one thing. and i already stated in the thread once that it could be moved if the moderators felt it should be

have an excellent day.

[edit on 16-7-2007 by The Phantom]

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's a case of being in tune with your surroundings and can be demonstrated in many ways.

For example: I can tell when it is going to storm even in a room with no windows. You would think it's the pressure change but I can detect it visually in a room. Right before or during a storm a windowless room appears just slightly more dim to me. When I ask others if they notice I usually get a no.

Another example of being in tune is your internal clock. I don't use an alarm clock at all and I am never late for work.

Even though the OP is sleeping he is still aware of his surroundings and can probably detect a change in light right thru his eyelids just by someone blocking light in his doorway. He may also be able to detect them breathing. I'm sure his senses are more alert due to him being in a relaxed state.

I think this is all pretty natural stuff.

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I am very aware of this phenomena, I have found repeatedly that it usually happens with people you do not trust on a very deep or unconscious level. On the other hand when you feel a deep trust with someone , your consciousness or subconsciousness allows you to remain asleep. Watch the people you surround your self with and just be glad that you are honing in on this wonderful ability in awareness. Good.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join