It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw a dark form standing over me last night...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I was trying to sleep last night and about midnight I looked up to see a dark silhouette standing over me. It had a humanoid shape but blended with the shadows. Then it was gone after a few seconds. Has anyone had things like this happen to them? It's not the first time for me, I've seen quite a few over my life, this is the latest, so I'd thought I'd share. I've been seeing all types of strange things lately.

Anway, good day to all my fellow ATS browsers...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Chances are it was your shadow being projected, try out an experiment...
Put one light on each wall in your room, and await this figure to re-appear. Move to the opposite side of the room, if it moves adjacent to your movements then it could just be your mind playing tricks on you.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
so a shadow standing over my bed with me lying in it might be my shadow being projected? If so how come it disappeared when I Noticed it???

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Not discrediting your story, but also giving an alternative.

I've been in an almost sleep like state but still conscious, trying to get to sleep and your mind half goes into the 'sleep mode' as it were. I've seen hallucinations of massive spider shadows on the wall and I've been conscious, kinda drifting off. I had to really focus, but I could see it moving, so I was like WTF! After blinking and stretching my eyes open and really gaining focus they disappeared just like you mention above.

Could you have a ghost in your house? Could we when we fall asleep tap into another dimension - hence why we see things in the sleep like state? All possibly.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The last time I did see a ghost/spirit/etc in my house, my cat alerted my of it's presence before it made itself visible.

This time I don't know what it was. Seeing as I was awake when It happened. I don't know. I wasn't in half sleep. I was fully awake and aware. THen it went away. IT wasn't a shadow inthe sense of appearing onthe wall, it was in the room, standing. about 6 feet or so. I saw it's silhouette.

I wish the answer was as simple as the ones you guys have posed so far...

[edit on 7/12/2007 by acegotflows]

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
look up shadow people and see if that helps you make sense of it. here's a pretty good site with some info that sounds hokey unless you've experienced something like that:

www.shadows.ufo2u.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Keep us posted.

What other interesting stuff has happened to you, I would be interested in listening to you and no doubt others might be interessted also.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
We moved into a new home about 6 months ago. My son, who's 4, wanted to move out of the house the day we moved in. Seemingly out of nowhere he talked about 'The Monsters' constantly. I really didn't think much of it. I figured it was a 4 year olds normal fear of monsters. Heck, I was afraid of monsters when I was his age. His fear was real though. So I bought a cheap little squirt bottle, and filled it with 'Monster Spray". Monster spray is a very specific formula, which must be followed precisely. Exactly 1 cup of water, and exactly 3 drops of 'Monster Poison' (which is cheap cologne.)
Then we would go through the house and make it monster safe, making sure that all the closets and under every bed got extra monster spray. OK, pretty normal stuff.
Then one day a little while back he freaked me out big time. In the morning he asked:
"Daddy, was that you standing over me last night?"
I asked him what he meant. He said:
"It was dark, but there was a dark man standing next to my bed."
I don't know why that freaked me out so much but it did.

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Keep us posted.

What other interesting stuff has happened to you, I would be interested in listening to you and no doubt others might be interessted also.

I've had numerous experiences my whole life. Here's a few I remember.

I saw a spirit or something. Lady in form long hair covered in blood. Just staring at me. I wasn't fearful or anything, it was especially interesting b/c there was a thunderstorm and when there was lightning it illuminated her form.

I've been awaken at night by one of these shadow things before. One time it made my cd player skip and candle go out. THe next day I found out that one of our college classmates died, around the same time that happened.

Those are more, but I don't remember them in detail right now. I'll have to see if I have any of my notebooks where I wrote this stuff down here.

Thanks for the link

posted on Jul, 12 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
We moved into a new home about 6 months ago. My son, who's 4, wanted to move out of the house the day we moved in. Seemingly out of nowhere he talked about 'The Monsters' constantly. I really didn't think much of it. I figured it was a 4 year olds normal fear of monsters. Heck, I was afraid of monsters when I was his age. His fear was real though. So I bought a cheap little squirt bottle, and filled it with 'Monster Spray". Monster spray is a very specific formula, which must be followed precisely. Exactly 1 cup of water, and exactly 3 drops of 'Monster Poison' (which is cheap cologne.)
Then we would go through the house and make it monster safe, making sure that all the closets and under every bed got extra monster spray. OK, pretty normal stuff.
Then one day a little while back he freaked me out big time. In the morning he asked:
"Daddy, was that you standing over me last night?"

I asked him what he meant. He said:
"It was dark, but there was a dark man standing next to my bed."
I don't know why that freaked me out so much but it did.

WOW. Please everyone share your experiences, b/c I KNOW I'm not crazy or the only one who sees these things.

[edit on 7/12/2007 by acegotflows]

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I had worked on lucid dreams of some time so that practice may make a difference. I’ve been visited in dreams by the recently departed. This offered great closure for me. Most would have someone I did not know along with them, a guide of sorts.
It is my belief and experience that the war between the Sons of light and the Sons of darkness is real. One, the Kingdom of Light is filled with angels moving across large spans of space by way of a vine of light. The other is made up of gargoyles that occupy numerous areas and are destroyed when the vine passes through their space. These are the Sons of darkness and try to enter the vine to fight the angels and the worlds their King create.
The gargoyles enter our dimension as though opening a door, a dark line that opens to a width that allows them in. They seem to be about 4 inches below our existence. These openings tend to be in closets. They visit at night to apparently feed on our dreams and spiritual energies perhaps to guide us in a destructive direction. I believe they have invaded and destroyed some worlds of light in the past.
There are traditions in Judaism’s Kabalah to offer a prayer at midnight and by this the King of light will come to your part of the world as it is in the most need of spiritual strengthening.
There are also small hooded black figures that tend to follow some people to help guide them into death while in a state of sin or at least off of what should be their spiritual target.
During NDE I have found spirits gathering around my physical body in the hope of taking it over to perform what ever deeds they were obsessed with during their lives.

I have been honest with this post so I really hope those of the ATS that find some perverse sense of pride in humiliating others can control that urge at least this once.

posted on Jul, 14 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Shadow people are not to be feared. They are our future selfs, visiting to tweak our existence, securing the long term prosperity of the individual.

We are the shadow people

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights
Shadow people are not to be feared. They are our future selfs, visiting to tweak our existence, securing the long term prosperity of the individual.

We are the shadow people

If so, man I must have needed a lot of tweaing

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kolo_heights

We are the shadow people

Fight them - with every single ounce of your inner strength. Our future selves my arse, these little (...) are nasty what ever the hell they are. Tweaking indeed - if thats the case, im going to kick my future self from here to hades for being a stupid (...) and half scaring me to death.

```````````````````
Removed two incidents of censor circumvention

Please read ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 15/7/07 by masqua]

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Think of it this way, even if it was some shadowed being that you saw, why the hell would it stand over your bed watching you sleep and upon your wake vanish, makes no sense

posted on Jul, 15 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by acegotflows
I was trying to sleep last night and about midnight I looked up to see a dark silhouette standing over me. It had a humanoid shape but blended with the shadows. Then it was gone after a few seconds. Has anyone had things like this happen to them? It's not the first time for me, I've seen quite a few over my life, this is the latest, so I'd thought I'd share. I've been seeing all types of strange things lately.

Anway, good day to all my fellow ATS browsers...

Um... that's called a "Prison Cell Mate".

posted on Jul, 16 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
When I was about 11 I had a figure in black stand at the foot of my sleeping bag for about 10 minutes. I just didn't move and it eventually turned around and walked up the stairs. I was staying over at my cousin's house and me and my 3 cousins were staying in the unfinished basement in sleeping bags. I heard the Entity actually walking down the stairs and it opened the basement door and walked over to the foot of my sleeping bag and just stood there for about 10 minutes.

I was just frozen and didn't move. My other cousins were all asleep. It stood there for about 10 minutes and then turned around and walked back up the stairs. One important thing also is that 2 of my 3 cousins saw this being once before in there bedroom and it actually was swinging the bedroom door open and closed and they started saying things and it disappeared. I can't remember the exact specifics on it but that is the basic story. It was creepy, but I never saw it again in that house.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Okay, so I have been doing this since I was little. my best friend was my dads brother who passed away when he was 7. I played games and everything with him. as i grew up i learned about several families who once crossed paths with me. when i go places i can talk to people about their loved ones...yes i am one of those people. it is hard some spirits are good others are not so much. i would love to say they wont hurt you but not always the case. if over your bed. rearrange your room to start. spirits and change do not always work hand in hand. you will either keep it away for a while or piss it off. best thing to do is try staying up and just talking to it. it might not want to talk....it might want someone to talk to. it is hard to say with being in communication via computer. i had a problem about a month ago when i moved into my new house, things kept moving, i would get woken up from my sleep, till i literally wasn't sleeping at all. some sleeping pills and a tv work great. noise keeps your brain preoccupied and sleeping pills help. only did this for about 3 days and haven't had any issues yet.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 02:26 AM
link   
They flee when you speak the name of Jesus, wonder why that is? Don't think for one second that these things are 'friendly' or otherwise harmless, they are your enemy, and only exist to do you harm. Perhaps not physical, but most people I think can attest, that the worst wounds are the ones you can't see. God bless.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: acegotflows

I too saw a dark form standing over me watching me sleep. This was about a month ago, I believe.
I woke up and it was right next to the bed looking down at me. It was in a long black shredded looking robe or something, and the face looked like it was halfway rotted off the skull. I only saw it for a split second, but it was intense. It disappeared almost instantly.

I used to see them a lot when I was a child. They inspired terror back then, but now, it's more of a curiosity to me.

new topics

top topics

join