It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird movie trailer (any hints?) Cloverfield

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   
ok i just saw transformers (9/10 by the way freakin awsome) but before the movie is what really caught my attention... there was this preview for a movie that comes out in January i think in the 20's. it started out showing a going away party for this friend and they were going around saying good by on a camera... then it seemed to be an earthquake and the lights went out... when they came back on they turned on the tv to find reports of an earthquake and they decide to go on the roof to get a better look. they see this great big ball of fire and chunks of concrete flying everywhere... a piece comes close to them so they run out to the street where you hear this great big roar and a big hunk of metal comes flying around the corner..... and when it comes to a rolling stop its the statue of liberty's head... and then it goes dead and shows a date... i didnt see a name to this movie or anything. i was just wondering if anyone had any more info about this movie or where i could find the preview again... thnx

Mod edit to add "Cloverfield" to title.

[edit on 4/7/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Cloverfield by JJ Abrams
www.firstshowing.net...

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
It's not the next Planet of the Apes movie is it? I was just thinking with the Statue of Liberty head and all.

Oh nevermind. Now I see it's called Cloverfield. Abrams kicked butt with MI:3, so we know the guy has serious skeeeeeels.

Peace

[edit on 3-7-2007 by Dr Love]

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 02:45 PM
link   
BTW, Abrams is just producing it.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Smart marketing. It got me interested. I was even on the edge of my seat once the camera went onto the roof.

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
it was crazy lol i like how the whole thing is supposedly going to be shot with home video so it gives a new perspective... it looks cool and they really did a good job on the preview i just hope the movie lives up to it when i first saw it i thought it was a godzilla flick... lets hope its good

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I've also read rumors that the trailer is a fake

Let's just hope the hype on this movie doesn't backfire.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
No it's not a movie trailer at all.

It was a news flash from the year 2012.

New York, New York KaaaaaaaaaaBOOM!

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   
LOL After watching that trailer, I wanted to watch it instead of transformers, its called cloverfield(which sounds stupid), but it also is really awesome, I cant wait till it comes out, supposedly 1/18/08.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Cloverfield is just the working title. Officially the movie has not title.
Speaking of which I'm going to edit the title of this thread so people know what the heck we are talking about.

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
is there any more information on this movie? cast, official plot? i keep hearing rumors that its supposed to be like Godzilla and some crazy thread on IMDB saying it actually happened.

there is an official site for the movie but it only shows a single picture. If you look between the two people it looks like a monsters face but i think its just light and some messy hair.

This movie looks cool as far as the trailer goes but more information on it would be awesome!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
May it didn't excite me as much because I knew it was coming thanks to you guys. I'll be interested to see what the movie's all about.

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
www.ethanhaaswasright.com...

that is supposably some kind of viral marketing campaign for it, I havent beet it, but according to others its for the movie.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Solved

Solution for Ethan Haas Was Right.

The videos you get from each puzzle was put up on YouTube but Paramount promptly had them removed.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
another picture has been posted on site..... weird first it was just one now its another.... man this is cool yet at the same time creepy www.1-18-08.com...

Another weird site that has to do with it.... like a puzzle or somthing

*another edit* took off site which had already been posted

[edit on 6-7-2007 by hitman132436]

[edit on 6-7-2007 by hitman132436]

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Man, the face on the lower right of the party pic creeps me out.

-Anyway, most of the folks are saying that it might be an adaptation of one of Lovecraft's stories. Cthulhu with a twist...

posted on Jul, 7 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, I solved that puzzle and it sounds to me like a film about a time traveler that warns people of the coming doom.
It looks as though these trailers could be different points of view and not actual parts of the movie.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Okay kiddies...you've got to get in on the posts on www.ethanhaaswaswrong.blogspot.com...

That's where most of the snooping is going down. We're not sure if it's in-game or not, but this is most def part of a big ARG.

News flash, the trailer just posted to Apple.com

www.apple.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Also, can we change the name of the thread to "Official Unofficial 1-18-08/Cloverfield Movie Thread?"

The trailer on Apple.com posts with the 1-18-08 and I think that's going to be the name of the movie too.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
Also, can we change the name of the thread to "Official Unofficial 1-18-08/Cloverfield Movie Thread?"

official? how would it be official? the movie is probably not going to be called Cloverfield and for it to be official we'd need clearance from JJ Abrams or some other producer giving us the right to have a thread discussing their movie in an official manner.

one of my biggest pet peeves is "official" threads that are not official.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join