It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Baron Shot Down UFO [TABLOID HEADLINE]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Can this be true? I never heard of this until running across it yesterday.

Red Baron Shot Down a UFO

(Hey Carnival, this is your fault!)

(edited by Byrd to reflect that the story comes from the Weekly World News tabloid)

[edit on 25-6-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I have no clue what ET would make a spaceship out of but if its weak enough for a ww1 ace to shoot through then I feel a little better about an ET invasion lol but I honestly dont think its true
. The Red Baron was a damn good fighter pilot though so who knows ?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Just a thought, but did you know that Human spacecraft are built to be the opposite of submarines? Subs have to stop immense pressure from the outside, spacecraft have to stop immense pressure from inside (air/gasses trying to escape into the vacuum. Surely it's feasible that EBE's would do the same. Its hard for a sealed vessel to be strong from both directions. Could be that no beings had ever shot at them before, so they were unprepared!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
The gent telling the tale is 105!!

Is it possable that this is a tall story he's been telling to his grand kids (and great grand kids prsumably), that through time and mild dimensia has become real to him. Heck even now I sometimes get mixed up with my dreams and real life.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Personally, if I were the alien who got shot down by a Bi-Plane, I'd be pretty damn embarrassed on the way down

Nice tall tale, though

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The little guys disapeared in to the forrest never to be seen again!

This was in western Belguim!

Well that certainly explains my Mothers side of the family!

The man telling the story is 105, and he flew with the Red Baron, that's one hellva life without the UFO stories.

No reason to disbelieve the old flyer, but no proof he's telling the truth! Bummer.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
That's a hard one to fathom...

I'd really like to believe it simply because it's such a wonderful story! Can you imagine the EBE's reaction as pounds and pounds of hot steel ripped into their craft! That must have been a serious ego deflator!

Seriously though, can we really believe anything that comes from the Weekly World News? Have you looked at their other headlines? Fly-eyed baby? A five year old flushed down the drain? Dracula's skull?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Note to all those unfamiliar with "The Weekly World News"...if you read it there, it's poo! While a frightening number of people appear to take what's printed there seriously, the paper contains nothing but bravo sierra. In fact it revells in it.

Move along folks...nothing to see here...keep moving, please...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Note to all those unfamiliar with "The Weekly World News"...if you read it there, it's poo! While a frightening number of people appear to take what's printed there seriously, the paper contains nothing but bravo sierra. In fact it revells in it.

Move along folks...nothing to see here...keep moving, please...

IMO, we normal sheep (except the lawyers) are 'programmed' to believe/put more trust in anything thats written/printed/published. Most of us respond to "news" websites in same way. Most of us forget that these digital tabloids are nothing more than a clever way to attract more and more traffic, you know for what...(Hint: Its green and made of paper)

I've broken this programming, but I could do it only after my studies were finished and sometimes I still trust anything written and signed on a paper. Some people keep it for their entire lives. The freedom of mind, you get, when you just read everything lightly and entertain every news/story securely kept away in a "sandbox", is truly great. Your mind is now no longer a puppet of media/books/tv or "elders", and you can think freely, the way you should.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The Red Baron was a great pilot, but with the weapons available I doubt you could shoot a UFO.

There are many strange tales from the ww1 and ww2, mainly in connection with ghosts,Angels,Four Horsemen etc etc.The guy deserves the benifit of the doubt, if he say`s it true I wouldn`t disagree.I doubt a 105 he feels the need to Hoax.

It might be a good new subject to add to ATS Strange War stories.

These guys went through some very terrible things I think it would be nice to keep the history goin.

Think I might add to board suggestions

[edit on 25-6-2007 by nescafe8572]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I think the amazing part of this story is this guy fought along side the Red Baron. If he really did, wow, the stories he could tell. UFO's included.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
too bad there arent better records of ufo stories from that era, it would be easier to substantiate his story.

as far as the story goes GJ red baron. you thought snoopy was a hard target...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
red baron was so cool...

second line added.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have a difficult time believing that a WWI triplane can bag a spaceship. I kind of wonder whether it was a small blimp being used for reconaissance, or even a barrage balloon.

With as many missions as these pilots flew, it could be possible that they just weren't seeing things properly and their imagination got the best of them.

I absolutely love WWI and WWII air war stories. The fact that this man flew wing with the Red Baron is too darn cool. I would LOVE to hear his stories of those days.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The Red Baron wasn't just a pilot though, he was the BEST pilot of that war. If any one could bring down a UFO in that time, it would have been him. People feared those red Tri-planes they flew into battle. It's a shame another ace didn't take the Baron down. I really don't think a 105 year old man would make this up, he really has no need too, he flew with the Baron, thats enough right there.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
this story sounds more like something that would appear in the Weekly World News.

If you read all the articles on that website they all sound a bit crazy and made up.

SPACE ALIEN REMAINS FOUND IN DINOSAUR'S BELLY
astro.wsu.edu...

SPACE ALIENS WANT THEIR BABY BACK!
. . . or else!
astro.wsu.edu...

A SPACE ALIEN TRIED TO MATE WITH MY HARLEY!
astro.wsu.edu...

3,600-LB. MYSTERY SPHERE IS HAIRBALL FROM SPACE ALIEN!
astro.wsu.edu...

Space aliens helped feed Moses' people in the desert!
astro.wsu.edu...

EVERYBODY HAS A SPACE ALIEN TWIN -- WHO WATCHES OVER US DAY AND NIGHT!
astro.wsu.edu...

First marriage between human & space alien still going strong!
astro.wsu.edu...

All from this directory...
astro.wsu.edu...

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Can this be true? I never heard of this until running across it yesterday.

Red Baron Shot Down a UFO

(Hey Carnival, this is your fault!)

Hah hah ha ha heh! Anyting I can do to help out. I am fascinated with the concept of the Red Baron probably being the first human to shoot down an alien spacecraft. Not only did he shoot it down but it was also reported that two beings had scurried out of the wreckage as seen by The Baron and his wingman. Fascinating story really. I can't believe no one has made a movie out of this. Thanks for posting this, yuefo. Keep the dream alive.

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Haha that's so cool! I can't really imagine it being true but still, it's a good story and who knows eh, it could be true!

We could just say it's true anyway just because it is so cool!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Awesome Story! Fake as hell though...

UFO's would dominate a machine gun attached to a glider no matter who is flying it!

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I spoke too soon, gang...I found an actual photo of the craft and its occupant! Mind you, I never figured Grays to look quite like that but what do I know???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join