It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new! The Guernsey UFO photograph / video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
the actual footage can be found here:
www.youtube.com...
sry, but i'm new to this forum and don't know how to link the video directly to the thread... maybe i'll find out with help of some constructive posts hehe!

have fun watching! it's really interesting and this time 100% credible!

mod edit: cap title

[edit on 6/24/2007 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Very cool, good find.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
thank you for putting it in here!
as i said: it's worth watching! definitely!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Great find indeed, let's see if the story goes mainstream again. What bothers me a little bit is the pilot talking about orange, dark colors and the object is plain silber as much as i see. Sun reflection, maybe ?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So that's Radar confirmed, and seen by 2 pilots and at least one plane-load of people. I don't think there are any swamps in the Atlantic near Jersey/Guernsey, are there?
What the report doesn't say is who took the photo. Does anybody know?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i think the photo presented in the clip was either taken by the pilot himself or by one of the passengers who also saw it. although this is not clear right now, we can surely say that this photograph is NOT fake at all. i mean it fits perfectly with the description of the pilot and that's also why i think that he actually took it from his cockpit. but i'll try to find out exactly and come back with news if available...

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Is the picture where the object is shown cut out of a bigger picture? And why is the picture only shown on a youtube video ?

I dont mean the closeup view, but the whole picture shown.

[edit on 23/6/2007 by Cygnific]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnific
Is the picture where the object is shown cut out of a bigger picture? And why is the picture only shown on a youtube video ?

1.) no. it's probably the original size when the photograph was taken right out of
the window / cockpit (has yet to be cleared.)
2.) it's only shown on a youtube video so far because there is really a lack of
major media news coverage right now regarding this incident. guess why...

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm also curious why the pilot's drawing consists of smooth arcs while the picture actually shows quite an irregular surface.

Captain's drawing (external image)

A bumpy, white object floating motionlessly high in the sky.

Hmmm... Sounds familiar, but I can't quite place it...

[edit on 6/23/2007 by eaglewingz]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz

plz don't say swamp gas or any other irrational explanation...

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Very nice find, and the pilot is extremely believable.

I truly believe these people saw something.

Being the skeptic I am though, could it possibly be a case of

Inversion ?

Interesting find nonetheless.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Whatever it is, by definition its a UFO, don't mean aliens flying it but those are some interesting pictures.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
I'm also curious why the pilot's drawing consists of smooth arcs while the picture actually shows quite an irregular surface.

Captain's drawing (external image)

he saw the object from 40 miles away!

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Saw a report on this in the newspaper - I find it amazing that it hasn't received more widespread coverage/attention.

Would have posted it myself after I saw the report, but thought that it would already have been covered

www.thisisguernsey.com...

wordpress.com...

bit more info

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
it kind of reminds me of that one drone aircraft i saw on future weapons..but it doesn't have the tail stabilizer thingy

but its pretty tight so far

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Just for the record, the photograph of the UFO was edited into the Youtube video, it didn't feature in the original news report.

That fact opens up the obvious question of where the person who uploaded the video got the photograph from. If that question can't be answered there's no proof whatsoever of it being a picture of the Guernsey UFO.

[edit on 23-6-2007 by sbardca]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EBE154

1.) no. it's probably the original size when the photograph was taken right out of

EBE154, you've blown by BS detector up....seriously.
The original sighting reported by the pilot is authentic though. Someone has mixed those pics of bright cylindrical object with the original news footage. Moreover he used those emboss and watercolor filters in photoshop to 'enhance' the pics....highly suspicious.

The description of the ufo given (and drawn) the pilot doesn't match the pic, not even remotely. Someone is stretching his imagination here.

One thing I noticed - there is no logo of the news channel in the entire vid. Hows that possible? Did he get his hands on raw footage somehow or cropped it out to better match with his own "rod" pics ?

Second thing - the reporter actually says that the ufo was registered on the radar. I've followed this event, but never heard about this. Can anyone confirm please?

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It figures... I've never seen News media using emboss filters on their imagery, as happens in the YouTube version.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rocksolidbrain

Originally posted by EBE154

EBE154, you've blown by BS detector up....seriously.
The original sighting reported by the pilot is authentic though. Someone has mixed those pics of bright cylindrical object with the original news footage. Moreover he used those emboss and watercolor filters in photoshop to 'enhance' the pics....highly suspicious.

The description of the ufo given (and drawn) the pilot doesn't match the pic, not even remotely. Someone is stretching his imagination here.

One thing I noticed - there is no logo of the news channel in the entire vid. Hows that possible? Did he get his hands on raw footage somehow or cropped it out to better match with his own "rod" pics ?

Second thing - the reporter actually says that the ufo was registered on the radar. I've followed this event, but never heard about this. Can anyone confirm please?

' Someone is stretching his imagination here. ' - Really?

well i just tried to give a convincing answer because in my opinion the drawing by the pilot matches perfectly with the photograph and probably you just thought that the big shadow on the paper was the thing he actually draw. but that's not the case. the tv channel (also don't know which network it was) just didn't show what he had actually drawn onto his paper and you also couldn't see it clearly because of the light shining on it. but if they as a media news channel state that the photo was taken from the 'plane' then it cannot be fake and has to FIT with the description of the pilot although a description of a thing 40km away is not easy indeed and can be different to what you finally see on a photograph. your second problem with the rework done via photoshop on the photo is really ridiculous (sry :lol
because this was simply done in order to highlight the shape of the object for media presentation etc... this was not part of the 'fake-creation' of the actual photo. well that's it for now. hope you understand my argumentation better now. otherwise we can ofc continue the discussion! that's what the forum is for!

greetings EBE154

[edit on 23/6/07 by EBE154]

[edit on 23/6/07 by EBE154]

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I must add that we have seen errors done by the network about this. What we do know is the passengers and the pilot had seen the object plus radar picked something up.

The network which I think was either ITV or BBC local news (which is always crap) did a crap job on reporting this which they always do.

Interesting story though, and yes why put it through photoshop!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join