It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq was not invaded for oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Iraq was invaded to keep the oil production low and make the price of oil high.

Hugo Chavez : "I want to sell cheap oil". Why then does not Bush go to him and have the same good relations with him as he has with Saudi Arabia , if oil is what he seeks ?

There is far less democracy and civil liberties in Saudi Arabia than in Venezuela.
Bush and the oil companies hate Chavez because he could sell cheap oil and undermine their profits
Here is a video of Greg Palast talking about these things , check minute 40 :

video.google.com...

[edit on 20-6-2007 by pai mei]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Is that not a game of semantics....they did not go to Iraq for Oil but because of Oil>?

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Anti war people think : they went there for more oil, more profits. Some people say "Invaded for oil ? Good more oil for us".
It's not like that, Iraq was invaded for more profits for oil, and more money does not always mean more oil, but a higher price for it

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Good well then higher oil prices will act as a catalyst for developing alternate fuels and technologies so in the end, the oil men will lose.

posted on Jun, 26 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There’s another theory that Iraq was invaded for its water
www.google.co.uk...
which has since been redirected to Israel (the later bit being a fact). This is partly a consequence of destroying the damns which Saddam had built.
I don’t know how much water the theory holds, but I guess it could explain some of the support from the Israeli Lobbies.
Then again: You would have thought they would need some compensation given whatever leader Iraqis elect in 2009 will probably make even them (in fact particularly them) miss Saddam!!

Very Sorry About the Multiple Posts Below something happend after I posted, it wasen't me, it was the machine!! Please Can This Mess Be Got Rid of!!!

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by pai mei
Iraq was invaded to keep the oil production low and make the price of oil high.

Hugo Chavez : "I want to sell cheap oil". Why then does not Bush go to him and have the same good relations with him as he has with Saudi Arabia , if oil is what he seeks ?

There is far less democracy and civil liberties in Saudi Arabia than in Venezuela.
Bush and the oil companies hate Chavez because he could sell cheap oil and undermine their profits
Here is a video of Greg Palast talking about these things , check minute 40 :

video.google.com...

[edit on 20-6-2007 by pai mei]

UM, cheap oil is good for the oil companies.... BIG OIL can then buy it cheap and refine it into gas, plastics, ect while reducing THEIR production costs..... Expensive oil is just more cost for production...

If chavez wanted to sell cheap oil he could sell cheap oil. He likes the prices where they are. Chavez will of course say he would rather sell it for less as he cashes in regardless of what he says.

That is why iran continues to supply violence in iraq. That is why is why russia is helping iran and syria. A stable iraq lowers oil prices dramatically.

Turmoil favors high prices like you said. Look at the countries who main exports are oil... Who gains from instability?

posted on Jun, 30 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sy.gunson
Good well then higher oil prices will act as a catalyst for developing alternate fuels and technologies so in the end, the oil men will lose.

The oil companies are one of the heavy investors of alternative energy. Watch how fast they morph from big oil into big hydrogen.

You are right though, higher oil prices make alternative energies viable and accelerate their arrival.

top topics

join