It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't do it.........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Why does it seem to me that I just can't make threads? Everytime i try to get some breaking news, someone else has it posted already. I mean just look at all the threads between ATS, BTS, and PTS. Should it really be this hard for me to come up with a solid topic? At this point, I wouldn't even care if I got any replies. It even seems that the threads I think should be good seem to fizzle out in a day or two. Do I have some sort of inability to relate to the people here?

Perhaps it's my own inexperience. Perhaps it's because I am not the best at communication. I would rather sit back and take everything in before making a decision. Either way, I should be able to come up with at least one or two ideas a month. Because of this, I am starting to disappoint myself. Do I just hold myself to unreachable standards? Take a look at the thread here it's simple, but effective. Maybe it's because I do my best work in a group. I absolutly despise doing things by myself. Maybe it's my lack of self confidence.

Can anyone help me out and at least get me thinking about an idea for a good thread? I don't want your ideas for threads, just how you get your ideas. I will just sit here banging my head on the wall til I can get some sort of idea.
:bnghd:
:bnghd:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's So Hard to Make Threads on ATS!

I have the same problem. :shk:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
See, it even just happened.

I just felt the need to rant. Because
my computer wouldn't help!!

Maybe i just think too hard!

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Oh! I'm sorry! :shk:

I just realized I was telling you a thread was already made. :bnghd:

I meant others have the same problem. :shk:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Aw, ST, this is why I stay on BTS. I can go with the stream of consciousness thing and not worry about re-inventing a wheel for the 50th time.

What are you most interested in IRL? I was taught in my various creative writing classes throughout my educational career to write what you know. Find a topic you have excellent knowledge of and try to play an angle off that, is my advice.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Find a topic you have excellent knowledge of and try to play an angle off that, is my advice

That's one of my problems. I don't think I really have excellent knowledge of anything. More of a broad knowledge of many things. I can be creative, just not creative enough for creating threads. :bash:

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
[edit on 20-6-2007 by angel_crush]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Don't fret S.T.

It happens to most people a lot of the time.

I started a great thread about the electronic "tagging" of licence plates in the U.K. and how "bikers" were being singled out. After posting it, one of the staff "U2U"d me and "applauded" my thread. I was also awarded 500 points, but.......there wasn't a single reply. C'est la vie!

It's not US.....it just depends on what people are interested in. Big news about big conspiracies and anything with a video seems to attract attention.

Try not to worry too much about reporting the breaking news, if it's important, it'll get here. It's not a race. (I used to feel like I was trying to "pip" others to the post).

Maybe try to post something of your own making....do a little research on something that interests you and prepare the necessary links, quotes etc and start your own ball rolling.

I know some people tend to stick with BTS, but the real "meat and gravy" is at ATS where an insight into something that affects lots of people can bring great interest and discussion and sometimes revelation and a "smoking gun".

So don't give up my friend, why not start by discussing and posting on an existing topic and see where it leads you?

Just remember that we are all part of something bigger than the individual and just because you don't start something, doesn't mean you can't contribute worthwhile content.

join