It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all Debater's!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Hi folk's,

Most of you know me from my Mondo Bizarro podcast and if you don't well your
probably not missing anything... lol

But I digress, I'm working on a new podcast project that will be including a segment where we pit two individuals against one another, allowing each to voice their thoughts and opinions. This will be a regular weekly event, with the winner being able to choose his/her next opponent and the next topic to debate in the next weeks episode...

Please send me a U2U if your interested in participating,

Thanks,

Johnny

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Wow.... what a great idea Johnny...... why didn't I thiink of that?

Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   
i think i might be up for it if i can find the time...
and i'd like to say that this is a great idea.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I am ALWAYS ready for a debate and I LOVE to podcast...

Just sent you a U2U Johnny....

Semper

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I appreciate your folks replies and U2U's...

I guess I should attempt to clarify a few notions here..

Yes I'm well aware of the recent little contest/debate that many of you participated in. It's because of what I heard (not to mention an idea I had been working on for several month's), that prompted me to move forward..

Although not really able to provide the full concept, I can say that it will be like
"King of the Hill", a game show if you will (although not really). Each Debater will be moving up a ladder collecting debate points. The listening audience will decide who is the winner of the last debate. In the case of a tie, we will have a neutral device (to yet be determined) that will in essence "flip a coin". Of course the other alternative would be to give each debater a "half-point" and they then both come back for the next weeks debate.

Subject material does not necessarily have to be political or even in a 'heavy issue vein', but should be of at least a semi-current issue. It could be a pro/con about Paris Hilton in Jail (or similar). The previous winner can decide whether he/she will be for or against, pro or con for the next weeks debate. this will allow at least 5 days for the opponents to get prepared...

All in all.. this will have a 'fun' aspect to it with myself (and a co-host) playing as the neutral ringleaders.. Most of you know of my podcasts so also can gather that it will have a nice production-quality and feel to it..

The more people that participate the better.. If you prefer to just post your replies,, or even suggested topics for discussion, please feel free to..

This is going to be a whiz-bang ride (as my neighbors son would say), and I hope you all will jump on board...!

Johnny

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
One other thing I forgot to mention and that is that if the participants do not have the capacity and/or know how to create a podcast.. don't fret..

We have other options that also include myself or my co-host calling and recording you onto one of our studio recorders.. So you see.. there's no excuse now is there

Johnny

posted on Jun, 16 2007 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I am all for this! Sign me up Johnny. This sounds like a great idea and I can't wait to see what you all have in store.

What I was also wondering was if you two (Dave & Johnny) would be interested in doing a full time radio show. I mean you two are such brilliant and talented personalities it's kinda a shame to hide it in just a podcast format. Im kinda imagining a C2C type show. It would be awesome. I kinda wonder what it would take to get such a show going? Perhaps SO can come up with something to host it here on ATS. That would be so cool. A 24 hour radio show of the weird and conspiratorial.

[edit on 6/16/2007 by whatukno]

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Looks like I had better brush up on my podcasting form.

I have a question though. If the need should arise, will I be allowed to insinuate that Kenny G, or some other personality related to my opponent's point, has engaged in sadomasochistic sex with the devil?

posted on Jun, 25 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I have a question though. If the need should arise, will I be allowed to insinuate that Kenny G, or some other personality related to my opponent's point, has engaged in sadomasochistic sex with the devil?

Look Ive said it before and Ill say it again, I was young and needed the money. It was college and I was confused! Shesh, make one mistake with Satan and you never live it down. Gah!

top topics

join