It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigration agenda.. Let 'em all in!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So last night, Tony Snow was interviewed on Hardball. He was talking about a new bill. A new way to deal with illegal immigration, that would affect us all.

Basically this new bill would require EVERY employer to make sure they only hire people with an National Identification Card or passport. Simple enough, yeah?

I think the government has been slacking on the illegal immigration issue on purpose. It's been to get so many illegals in here that our economy is hurt by it, and communities are infiltrated by the crime many of these illegals bring. This obviously is upsetting a lot of American citizens.

How convenient they will offer us a solution for a problem THEY created, that will infringe on our rights and bring us closer to a 1-world-government?

Anyone have any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Don't we already pretty much has a National ID Card....it's called a Social Security Card, and you aren't suppose to hire anyone without one. You have to show proof of citizenship or legal alien status. So if they can't get it right with the steps we already have in place how on god's green earth is a National ID Card going to work.

Every employer is suppose to check status now. Apparently that system isn't working out well. They just hire them off the books, and that will continue with or without a National ID card.

The problem is they need to STOP THE IMMIGRATION OF ILLEGALS....enforce the laws they already have and charge those employers with large fines if they are caught hiring illegals. Jail doesn't detour people, but when you hit them in their pockets it does. If they are found to have illegals take everything from them...period! It will solve the problem.

Also make it so that if you are illegal and you have a child here the child DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY GET CITIZENSHIP....that would stop that practice if these people knew they weren't goig to get every benefit under the sun after they cross the border while in labor.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Illegal immigration is a capitalist gold mine. Illegal immigrants are less likely to organize and fight for betterment in the work place due to fear of deportation. Illegal immigrants are also more likely to take jobs legal citizens are not willing to take (for whatever reason, be it wages, saftey, etc.) In this way, illegal immigrants act as a reserve army of cheap labour, further depressing wages across the nation. The government knows this, whats good for the capitalist economy, is good for themselves (and often terrible for the citizenry.) Crime is a result of poor economic and social conditions and is not limited to a nationality or legal status. Despite the propaganda, people generally just want to live, feed their family, and be happy. Dont equate all of the US's social and economical problems to illegal immigration, they are the vicitms of a vicious government as much as you, a legal citizen, are.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
They want to make the illegals legal because it will mean 16 million more people to call up when national service gets brought in next year for American male citizens between the ages of 18 and 42, the bill has already been put through congress.
Cant call up illegals..

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
ok
usually I have nothing worthwhile to say so I never bother posting, I'm a reader. But I just can't bite my tongue anymore.

I am an Australian ICU RN, not a third world country, Australia for Gods sake.
One of Americas strongest allies.
I fell in love with, and married an American citizen so here I am.
I should be able to stay here and contribute to society right?
Afterall, we are allies and I am qualified to work in an industry that is begging for applicants in America??
I save lives, surely I this country wants to take advantage of that?
No, no, no silly girl.
First, I'm told my qualifications mean nothing. And I mean nothing.
Having spent $500 for evaluation of my four postgraduate certificates and my initial RN licence I have been told it's worthless. Why? because sadly I was 'old school' trained in the real world of hospital training in the 90's.
Oh yes, soooooo long ago.
Ok, ok, suck it up, I can take it.
I tried to Volunteer after Hurricane Katrina, I was told I didn't qualify as a volunteer because I am 'trying' to gain green card status.
Ok, please explain.
Seems me volunteering with my qualifications could jeapordise the paying employment of an American citizen so that would qualify as a job even though I wasn't being paid.
So.... you won't let me get a job.... you won't let me work for free...
shootin yourself in the foot there aren't ya?
This could and should be a win win situation.
I have a lot of valuable skills to contribute to this great land but sadly I don't fit into any of the boxes so I am tossed aside into the too freakin hard basket.
My husband and I have endured great strain, financial and otherwise trying to do things the right way.
I have now been told that because of the time delay during paperwork filing and reviewing, I have overstayed my visa and do not qualify to apply for status at this time.
What the hell does that mean??? (a bloody stroke for me at 36 I'm sure)
All I know is I'm doing things the so called right way and getting bent over the table while being thoroughly demoralised and robbed during the process. The stress has been so bad I have had four teeth crumble and fall out. We can't afford a dentist and I don't believe in milking any system so I look like a pirate. Small price to pay to be with the man I love.

Hey, I love America but not more than my now non existent self esteem. If I could persuade my husband to move to Australia we'd be sittin on the beach right now.
But I can't. The things we do for love.
So, I will continue to wait my turn somewhere at the back, pay the huge fees and do things right while the ethnic individuals next door zoom past flashing their money, food stamps, free dental and hospital.
Not a green card among 'em.
How's that you say?
Yeah, I'd like to know.
I have been to see immigration attorneys and university officals and everyone of them told me I was the wrong colour to qualify for assistance.
Disgraceful.
Seems if I'm from south of the border or from the middle east theres an express lane, a grey area, the allied countries are far, far at the back and have to play by the rules.
Shafted?
Frustrated?
Iit really really pisses me off when I see others sliding on by blatantly flouting the rules and sucking the country dry when all I want to do is give something and I'm not allowed.
If you hear anyone say there isn't room for immigration reform send them to me. Theres a hell of a lot of leeches that need to be purged, not all of them foreign. All I want to do is give.
Where's the common sense gone???
I thought diversity was a key to a better society, but will there ever be a workable answer??
I don't think I'm the only one bending over the table these days..

posted on Jul, 1 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
EC, thats a bunch of BS our allies should take priority over none allied nations, not only that but they shouldn't even have have to be worrying about non allied, illegals immigrants cutting there way to the front of the line because they broke our damn laws.

I encourage you to not only write the reps in the state you are residing, but as many reps as you are able to.

Ive written my reps regarding issues of immigration and how it isn't right for people such as yourself who go through all the BS the honest way, and get screwed over by some law breaking prick.

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Isnt it ironic, that a nation founded by immgrants wants to control it. When the europeons where arriving by the boatlaod, there was no such thing as illegal immigrant. What was it give us your hungry your weak your poor your huddled masses? Even if my paraphrase is wrong it is a double standard.

BY the same token, the immigrants of the 19th and early 20th century usually got themselves out of the ghetto's in a generation or two.

Now,...

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthchild
Seems me volunteering with my qualifications could jeapordise the paying employment of an American citizen so that would qualify as a job even though I wasn't being paid.
So.... you won't let me get a job.... you won't let me work for free...
shootin yourself in the foot there aren't ya?
This could and should be a win win situation.

You are a casualty of war of what corporate America wants vs what legal immigrants that comes into this country with qualifications and ready to offer their services get.

It is not you what corporate American wants, is the illegal unskilled worker that will work for pennies what they want.

You will be charged all the fees while illegal immigrants get to work and receive free care for their anchor babies, the more children they have the more they get to chip a piece of the American dream for people like you.

Sad.

new topics

top topics

join