It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Document: Iran Caught Red-Handed Shipping Arms to Taliban

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Whatever the proof, whatever the case, whatever the admitance, you will not see airstrikes or any attacks against Iran. Iran can go open and say

Yes, that is correct. We are supporting and arming rebel factions with munitions and medical supplies to fight the imperialist occupiers. We supply them, the same way America supplies weapons to dozens of warring nations on Earth. the way they supplied terrorist groups in somalia, lost their terrorist control, and then supplied another state to conquer and occupy Somalia

The US just this year virtually sponsored the conquering and occupation of somalia, after their CIA funded terrorists and warlords were removed by a popular Islamic movement, which brought relative stability and began providing civil services and punching crime. did not take more than six months before they were terminated and instability and mayhem brought back.

My point is, you will not see anyone attacking Iran even if they admit it, because only he who is without sin should cast the first stone, and our hands have become naturally red from decades of atrocious proxy campaigns.

Hwoever, if there is irrefutable proof, I would like to see images, and numbers. The UN tried to come up with quite a sketchy report on the Somalia crisis on who was smuggling what into the country, but quite a bit of it was debunked, especially for the lack of the physical proof they so claimed they had. nothing was brought forth, merely statements declaring it so.

Bring somethign forth, and I will accept it for usre.

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adjay
"Undercover Soldiers" caught in explosive laden car in Basra
Is there other independent confirmation of this? I am trying to get more information.

[edit on 6/8/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I wondered why this isn't front page news until I read this in your articlethat Secretary of Defense Robert Gates "stopped short earlier this week of blaming Iran, saying the U.S. did not have evidence "of the involvement of the Iranian government in support of the Taliban."

Um...huh? Not exactly red-handed at all. If they were we'd ALL know this by now. Trust me the media would not let that news get pushed to the back-burner.

Originally posted by Togetic
It brings to mind a larger issue: what level of proof do people want to see to prove that Iran is assisting the Taliban and Iraqi insurgency? What is the "smoking gun"?

The Iraqi insurgency is a complicated thing to simply define as being a single entity since the insurgency appears also to be fighting itself at times. So many factions fall under the broad and generalized category that to say "Iran is supporting the insurgency" is dead wrong. If it were it'd be supporting those that are against Iran as well, because not all of the "insurgents" have the same agenda.

Rift seen in Iraq insurgency -- some groups reject al Qaeda

BUHRUZ, Iraq (CNN) -- U.S. forces have begun arming nationalist guerrillas and former Saddam Hussein loyalists -- and coordinating tactics -- in a marriage of convenience against al Qaeda radicals in one of Iraq's most violent provinces, senior U.S. commanders tell CNN.

This new alliance, a result of the deepening divisions among Iraqi insurgent factions, was on display earlier this week at a highway intersection in the town of Tahrir. There, a group of some 15 insurgents publicly chanted: "Death to al Qaeda. More?

I believe that Iran is more than likely militarily supporting the Shiite side but also that Saudi Arabia is supporting the Sunni side. Both sides have used weapons that have not only cost countless Iraqi lives but the lives of our soldiers as well.

Sponsoring "terrorist" groups in other countries for your own political ends is nothing new. Historically America has used this tactic before and is doing that right now in Iran and South America. All powerful nations can at some point in time fall under the subjective definition of a "state sponsor of terror".

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjay
www.twf.org...

www.wsws.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...
You'll forgive me if I think those sources might be a wee biased. Do you have something from like a Reuters?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Togetic that was world headlines last year man. They shot and killed an Iraqi police officer, were put in jail, and then broken free by their comrades. where were you?

Here is one from the idependant UK
news.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I still dont have my edit utton on ATS for some reason, but here was a story from CNN,

The official said two unknown gunmen in full Arabic dress began firing on civilians in central Basra, wounding several, including a traffic police officer. There were no fatalities, the official said.

The two gunmen fled the scene but were captured and taken in for questioning, admitting they were British marines carrying out a "special security task," the official said.

British troops launched the rescue about three hours after Iraqi authorities informed British commanders the men were being held at the police department's major crime unit, the official said.

Iraqi police said members of Iraq's Mehdi Army militia engaged the British forces around the facility, burning one personnel carrier and an armored vehicle.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
And the BBC reports on it too: More?

I know the implications are inconceivable to some but to it's really not that hard to believe things like this happen. We have to drop the "we are all saints and everyone else in the world is evil" ideology. All nations get their hands dirty one way or another.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by lee anoma]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join