It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Document: Iran Caught Red-Handed Shipping Arms to Taliban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Document: Iran Caught Red-Handed Shipping Arms to Taliban

blogs.abcnews.com

NATO officials say they have caught Iran red-handed, shipping heavy arms, C4 explosives and advanced roadside bombs to the Taliban for use against NATO forces, in what the officials say is a dramatic escalation of Iran's proxy war against the United States and Great Britain.

"It is inconceivable that it is anyone other than the Iranian government that's doing it," said former White House counterterrorism official Richard Clarke, an ABC News consultant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I am curious to see what people think. It brings to mind a larger issue: what level of proof do people want to see to prove that Iran is assisting the Taliban and Iraqi insurgency? What is the "smoking gun"? Maybe NATO and the coalition are not the most credible sources these days; who is, and what level of evidence is sufficient to convince you?

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Togetic
Thank you for the link, will follow this as time permits.

It would explain where all the Composition 4 in Iraq is coming from also.
Some thing that seems to be a favorite filler in the RSB/Road Side Bombs here.

It is enough for me, to be convinced. Not that it would have been much any one else any how. Who besides Iran, or possably China have an interest in fighting US forces via proxy, other than the Former Soviet Union of course.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I actually think these weapons are alleged to be going into Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Could be, but Iran is not far from Iraq either. PLus many insurgents are probably more than willing to get some supplies into the lands of Bable. Not to mention, most IEDs found here in Iraq are filled with C4, some thing not common to the area.

It woul dhave to be brought in, or taken acquired through a military channel. Iran is the closest one in my opion who would do so.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It was the CIA and the US who set up and put the Taliban in power anyways. They aided them, let the top generals go when they captured them, gave them money.

www.politicsol.com...

www.peterussell.com...

prisonplanet.com...

And dont forget, Al Queda, too, was created by the CIA as well. They funded them, armed them, trained them, and now are using them for propaganda.

www.geocities.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.politics.guardian.co.uk...

globalresearch.ca...

www.truthout.org...

I can go on and on and on.

You people have bought in to the propaganda, its another boogeyman for you to fear, and you fear them. You support wars of aggression because of the propaganda that this boogeyman wants to kill you, because they hate your freedom. And you have the utter nerve to call anyone who resists this maniacal invasion a "terrorist" and "insurgent". Shame on all of you who dont stand for Truth, regardless of whos Truth it is!

Well, you know, it doesnt really matter, because whether you like the war or not, your tax dollars are paying for it, your education and health care funding are getting cut to pay for it, but yet you leave your borders wide open and let all the top Al Queda and Taliban leaders escape. Wake up.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   
You are absolutely right Lightworker13.

How convenient!

"Oh look at this! Incredible, we just found a paper on the street which prooves Iranian involvement in arms supplies. Awesome! If we publish this, we can convince the public to support our intentions!! Bud, today is our lucky day!"

How un#ingbelievable, how people still buy into this kind of crap. As if it wasn't highly suspicious that they always find the perfect proof at the perfect time, for their perfect agenda.

Ah yes, it's probably the outstanding US-Surveillance, Spy and reconaissance technologies and tactics! Or.. wait... wouldn't it be easier to simply use psychological warfare and propaganda? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

A very difficult question for the average american IQ! (No offense to all the brighter ones out there)

And no one seems to know, no one seems to care.. that the CIA and co. are actually far worse intrigued than any Iranian geopolitical reaction right now.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Perhaps you should see exactly who your government and your establisment consider "terrorists". They handed out pamplets to all the major police departments across the country, where they laid forth the guidelines for what a domestic terrorist is.

www.welfarestate.com...

Defenders of the constitution are terrorists?? Home schoolers are terrorists?? Animal rights activists and enviromentalists are terrorists?? Christians are terrorists?? What the hell are your leaders thinking?? Are these people out of their minds, or are they just pure evil, I dunno...

They even say that people who attempt to "police the police" are terrorists! In other words, if you dont let the police do whatever they want, you are a terrorist. If you claim driving is a right, you are a terrorist.

They are even training the police to think that any ordinary citizen is a terrorist, here is another pamphlet they handed out across Texas and other states.

www.infowars.com...

www.infowars.com...

Anyone whos wears levis jeans, has a cellphone or bookbag, and acts "normally" with a "nice guy image" is a potential terrorist, I mean talk about a paranoid society.

Wake up, the government are the REAL terrorists, who are looking to take away all freedoms total surveillence total police state, total command and control system where all life runs by the dictates of the State.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I agree, unfortunately, many people out there have not the mental capacity, well its not really that, its just their belief system is so fixed on the false reality, they just refuse to see any view that might crumble it.

I know its so ridiculous everytime they need it, they just find some document somewhere, and they say this is the proof. Or other times the State Department will just come out and say "Iran is doing this" or "Al Queda is doing that" without a shred of proof at all.

Its like the hijackers passports found on 911. Look we found them, we got the proof! Then it comes out it was a lie, there were no passports at all, and when they were confronted about it, they said "that was a mistake, were sorry" and then they shut up about it! Never mentioned again!

Its like the Qu'rans they found all over the place, that the hijackers were using the days before the attacks, because their Islamic fundamentalists you know. I mean they found these Qu'rans in hotel rooms, in strip joints, in cars, I mean they must have had boxes of them these terrorists! "Oh they found a Qu'ran, see, they were right, it was them arab people!" Its so ridiculous, obviously its staged for propaganda.

All of this would be funny if it wasnt so serious.

[edit on 7-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
You people have bought in to the propaganda, its another boogeyman for you to fear, and you fear them. You support wars of aggression because of the propaganda that this boogeyman wants to kill you, because they hate your freedom. And you have the utter nerve to call anyone who resists this maniacal invasion a "terrorist" and "insurgent". Shame on all of you who dont stand for Truth, regardless of whos Truth it is!
I don't understand how this advances the discussion. Can you point to what you're saying what is really happening?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
My question is what would make you believe that Iran is supplying weapons? No one is arguing that credibility is low right now. But what is persuasive?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
Perhaps you should see exactly who your government and your establisment consider "terrorists". They handed out pamplets to all the major police departments across the country, where they laid forth the guidelines for what a domestic terrorist is.

www.welfarestate.com...
But by definition in this pamphlet, they are looking for people committing crimes. Those groups could be committing crimes; many of them have a history of doing so. You have to read those statements together. That interpretation is not reasonably drawn. Furthermore, there is no implication in this document that investigation should be disregarded in favor of knee-jerk reporting.

With respect to the second pamphlet, I don't understand what makes that inflammatory. All of it seems pretty common sense to me.

[edit on 6/7/2007 by Togetic]

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Togetic? one small pick up truck with weapons and some explosives is no evidence of Iran scalating the war by sending weapons to Iraq... another WMD? fairy tale?

I used to take weapons from Miami to Cuba during the Castro's revolution, does that means that it was the US sending the weapons?

Besides even if it was true then SO WHAT, the US keeps on sending weapons non stop to the state of Israel who are the enemies of Iran-Iraq-Aghanstan and to the rest of the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by PONCE
Togetic? one small pick up truck with weapons and some explosives is no evidence of Iran scalating the war by sending weapons to Iraq... another WMD? fairy tale?
I think that is something we need to be careful of; that is my point. But doesn't the government also have a vested interest in not making the same mistake twice? Why would such a self-interested group want be so slip-shod again?

I used to take weapons from Miami to Cuba during the Castro's revolution, does that means that it was the US sending the weapons?
If you were taking them on behalf of the US, then yes.

Besides even if it was true then SO WHAT, the US keeps on sending weapons non stop to the state of Israel who are the enemies of Iran-Iraq-Aghanstan and to the rest of the Middle East.
Using that logic, should it not then be universally condemned across the board? Is it not inconsistent to ignore one and not the other?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
NO it was not for the US but on my own.....as a matter of fact the US was against Commandante Castro.

And YES as long as the US keep on supplying weapons to their enemy I don't see no reason why they should not help each other, after all who knows which country in the Middle East will be next........Syria?

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The call to action is clear, unless of course, the M.O. is hazy.

Translation: if our president is truly in the deep weeds by being committed in Iraq, by pushing ahead with troop surges and such, then news of Iran shipping arms to the Taliban is not a cut and dry connect-the-dots kinda thing.

And now that the end is near politically for the leader of the free world (sort of), then his motivation to act decisively diminishes on a week to week basis as more candidates step up to offer solutions to the mess that is there.

In short, this news may put the red on the hands of people in Iran, but we may be in no position to do anything about it except for a small thing I like to call "the right thing to do."

And in this instance, I'm not sure anymore what that is.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by PONCE
And YES as long as the US keep on supplying weapons to their enemy I don't see no reason why they should not help each other, after all who knows which country in the Middle East will be next........Syria?
I guess I could see that if they weren't supporting the Taliban, which we all agreed at one time was bad news. They overtook Afghanistan in the wake of the USSR war, if I remember correctly, and set the country back socially 50 years by imposing strict Sharia Law. The country is trying to build a different government, and regardless of what you think of the government it can't be good for the region for it to destabilize.

Further, even if the US supported the Taliban at the time, then doesn't the US have an obligation to fix its mistake?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
NUKE 'EM...
NUKE 'EM...
NUKE 'EM!!!

**lathered up, slobbering, spit flying, eyes popping out of head, veins bulging in forehead***

[edit on 8-6-2007 by mecheng]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Remember the good part, if we nuke 'em, we get to keep the radioactive spoils of war.

Doesn't that sound like the gift that keeps on giving, or what?

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Great points by Lightworker13 and osram.

The truth is, Iran doesn't really have to do a thing to become the next "Iraq". What did Iraq do again? Ah yes, it had WMD's. And they had links to Al Qaeda. Or, so it came out, they didn't. But they had oil.

I expect to see many more reports of Iran breaking phoney "moral" laws set up to make them a similar target. Followed by a war, regime change, and then lots of things stating it was all false, but by then it will be too late and everybody will have moved on.

Did anyone ever hear the story about the two undercover soldiers caught in Iraq wearing traditional "Arabian headscarves" and driving a car filled to the brim with explosives? They were jailed, and rescued by the British Army, with not a word more spoken about the incident. This was in 2005, and still serves some purpose to show how meaningless most "intelligence" reports in the media these days really are.

"Undercover Soldiers" caught in explosive laden car in Basra

<<   2 >>

join