It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police, SWAT Team Surround Ed Brown's Property

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
In the end, he will lose everything. There has not been a successfule tax protest yet.

They made money, didn't pay taxes, went to court, stopped attending the court scessions. Their office has been siezed.

Eventually, one or both of them will come out of the property. They will be jailed, their property will be sold. They will end up with nothing.

[edit on 8-6-2007 by Wildbob77]

posted on Jun, 8 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
We vote, but with no results other than those foreordained by the rich and mighty.

When our leadership fails to abide by the will of the people, []then they are the outlaws, and deserve to have funds withheld.

Our government is NOT America, we the people are America. We decide.

On January 21st 2007 I wrote this:

I currently choose to avoid the WAR TAX by not earning an income.

It has been 3 months since I have taken a carpentry contract (which I have always paid income, aka WAR TAX, on in the past) and I have never held a 9-5 "real job". My intent is to earn "less than a taxable income".

Grow your food (on the roof if necessary) and keep stock of dried goods.

Shelter can be obtained from the garbage/debris on the curb.

Time is FREE.

Money is illusion.

Work the LAND to subsist, not to get rich, and God will support you.

Be prepared to cut yourself off the grid and STAY HOME!

I hereby pledge ZERO TAXABLE INCOME for FEBUARY 2007 in support of ED BROWN!

Let the revolution unfold.

I am,

Sri Oracle

It is now June. I have had ZERO TAXABLE INCOME for FEBRUARY, MARCH, APRIL, and MAY.

My corn is ready for harvest. My basil is so plenty I give it away. My peppers are spicy and my greens are plentiful and varied. I have enough grains stashed to keep my wife and I on rice and beans until November.

I would also like to note that last week I touched a $100 dollar bill, I was handing it across the room from one friend to another. I had not touched money in over 6 months... It felt dirty and smelled bad.

From the local library I write...

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Whats worse is the police lied, the AP even reported there was no police, nothing happened, just go away nothing to see here...

And, the guy was actually interviewed on the Alex Jones show, he was running from the cops, he gave up, lied on the ground, said "you got me" and one of the cops said "taser him" and they went up, the poor dude tried to put his hands up to block the taser, the cops said he was reaching for a weapon, and they just tasered him.

They do this all the time all over the place, or there will be times when theyll sick their attack dogs on these people, and just sit there laughing as the dog tears into the victim.

Lucky it wasnt FBI teams, probably wouldve pumped 3 shots right in his chest.

There are so many stories of cops doing a drug raid, and they get the wrong house, its some little old woman there, they just go and shove her around, taser her, throw her in handcuffs and ransack her place.

Its even worse in Iraq, the Military will just barge into your house at 2 in the morning, and theyll just blow the heads off an entire family looking for weapons caches and such. They never find anything, but theyll massacre those people.

What has America become? Where people can be abused for refusing to follow a law that doesnt exist. Its ridiculous.

[edit on 9-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Ed may be techinically correct in his stand against the legality of the income tax (that there is no such law... but having perused this thread, I am only confused). Regardless, I would argue that there should be such a law, for this reason: the income tax is a vehicle, via 501(c)3 organizations, for a direct democracy far more more potent, if fully utilized, than any voting system.

If you don't want to give up your hard-earned dollars to the federal government, you can instead send that money to 501(c)3 not-for-profit organizations of your choosing (they come in many varieties). In essence, you get to decide how your tax dollars get spent. No, you cannot spend it on yourself, but you can spend it on a public service that you care about, and not, say... on WWIII.

Read all about it here...

Contributions You Can Deduct

Generally, you can deduct your contributions of money or property that you make to, or for the use of, a qualified organization. A gift or contribution is “for the use of” a qualified organization when it is held in a legally enforceable trust for the qualified organization or in a similar legal arrangement.

The contributions must be made to a qualified organization and not set aside for use by a specific person.

If you give property to a qualified organization, you generally can deduct the fair market value of the property at the time of the contribution....

Your deduction for charitable contributions is generally limited to 50% of your adjusted gross income, but in some cases 20% and 30% limits may apply. In addition, the total of your charitable contributions deduction and certain other itemized deductions may be limited...

So, as much as 50% of your adjusted gross income can be taken from the maw of Uncle Sam & re-directed elsewhere... to un-official government, so to speak. Imagine the implications. If everyone contributed 50% of their income (or as much of their disposable income as can be spared) to non-profits, the federal goverment will then have been effectively usurped by the people.

The middle-man, your "representative", will be cut out of active governance, or taking your money and funding things like WWIII on "your" behalf (really on behalf of their corporate overlords). Thus they would be limited to the role of negative governance: passing laws that tell you what you can't do.

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Labor as a Taxable Income.

I like to think of income as a profit earned. Fair right?

Lets take a look at a man who's job it is to go to a cubicle and push a button each day.

So a man wakes up on a Monday... makes himself breakfast so he has energy to do WORK (deduction/"cost of goods sold" for the food, deduction for the energy/fuel used to cook), He takes a morning shower so he is presentable at the office (deduction for utilities, toiletries) put on some of the clothes that wear out each day at WORK (deduction for supplies), drive his vehicle to work (deduction for fuel consumed to get to and from, deduction for depreciation of vehicle, deduction for tolls, deduction for the expense of the garage used to keep the vehicle that transports said man to and from work) the man gets to work, pushes his morning buttons then takes lunch (deduction for travel to and from lunch, deduction for the cost of the meal) He comes back to the office and does his afternoon chores before returning home. On the way home after a long day's work he stops at the bar and has a beer with coworkers to deal with the stresses of the work day (entertainment expense) He gets home to the building which he stores his body in at night, where he rests up for the next day/week of work... (property tax expense, mortgage, insurance)

So where has his INCOME gone to?

Does the $10/hour cubicle sitting button pusher know how to take these deductions? No... and it matters little because taxes have already been paid in full through the W2/payroll process. Does the $10/hour CSBP have the nerve to complain about the process to his employeer? Nope... he needs his job to stay fed.

The only REAL income made is by the owner of the button that the CSBP pushes. You can be sure the business eductated button-owner is taking his deductions however; owner man's PROFITS afford a tax accountant.

I am,

Sri Oracle

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic
Just because they don't say "You must pay your taxes," the effect is the same, and the law is constitutional because the Sixteenth Amendment is by definition constitutional. This argument has always been a legal shell game: a sham.

Hmmm...Evidently, you haven't seen the references in my previous post; The Congress in session at the time that the 16th was ratified also specifically defined what is & is not included under the definition of "taxable income." It has to do a lot with the differences are between "apportioned" & "unapportioned" taxation, as airtrax007 says here:

Originally posted by airtrax007
The federal income tax as it is applied is unconstitutional because it is being applied as a "direct tax" which must be apportioned among the states in accordance with the census.

And here:

The 16th didn't change Article 1, section 8, clause 1 nor did it change any of the other taxing power limitations. This is why the Supreme court at the time of its adoption, called it the "do nothing amendment".
---------------
The 16th Amendment gave Congress no new power to tax - absolutely TRUE.

When I earlier mentioned that only those American Citizens are living & working outside of the boundaries of the 50 States can be taxed directly on Income, this is because they are not part of the "State Census" as far as "apportioning" goes.
Seems to me that Togetic needs a little more time in Study Hall...

We hired these people, and when they fail to do the will of the people, then they should have to do without the money they spent.
--------------------------
We too, as a form of protest, have the right, perhaps not the law, but the right, to withhold payment.

How about this quote to back up your statements:

“If money is wanted by Rulers who have in any manner oppressed the People, they may retain it until their grievances are redressed, and thus peaceably procure relief, without trusting to despised petitions or disturbing the public tranquility.”
Journals of the Continental Congress, 1:105-113

Not only that, this was from an 8-page Act passed unanimously by the Founders in 1774!

Laws are fine, needful things. But to twist and pervert them to be used contrary to the intent of those who are the true source, is in itself an act of treason.

It also counts as an extra charge of Breech of Oath (legally binding the holders of Government Offices to obey the Constitution) with each & every other offense committed upon The People.

No one can compel you to commit a felony as a requirement to being in compliance with a law. 26USC 7206 makes it a FELONY crime, for you to file any document that is signed under penalties of perjury that you do not believe to be true to the best of your knowledge.

As specifically pointed out right HERE!

Saying that whatever the majority wants the government should do is a dangerous proposition.

This much is true...It's representative of a Democracy, but the USA was never intended to be a Democracy! The Founding Fathers of the USA abhorred Democracy for the simple reason that 51% of the Citizens could "vote away" all of the Rights of the remaining 49% of Citizens! That is why the Founding Fathers set up the USA to be a Constitutional Republic!
Our "leaders" should never be trying to practice Democracy in our government, nor should they be touting the buzz-phrase that we're obligated to the "spread of Democracy" anywhere else in the world! Doing this constitutes a serious Breech of the Oath of Office & may even bring charges of Treason after being removed from Office!

That's fine as philosophy, but entirely untenable in practice. How do we measure the intent of the people?

Polling...Publishing the information that pertains to the issues at hand & public distribution of said information. Doesn't pretty much everybody have a TV? Or reasonable access to local City Halls & Libraries? Newspapers (or some similar publishing outlet)?

How do we put it into practice? Who puts it into practice? You? Me?

I already provided some suggestions on "how." Those suggestions also point into the direction towards answering "who." Yes, that includes the "you" & "me"...Because if we are not the ones to make our government answerable for their actions then it will continue to be increasingly corrupted.

That's precisely the reason that the founders chose a republican form of government. Maybe it doesn't work like we want it to. Maybe it has flaws. So does everything else, and on the whole I'd say it works pretty well.

Well, it was working well until the corporates started pushing influence into the government, above & beyond the heads of the People & their Will...As I mentioned a little earlier, why do you think all the Big Corps send all of those lobbyists to Washington D.C. in the first place? Why is it that only the wealthy & influential in the circles of Big Business ever get on the campaign tickets for their respective Parties? Let's see you (or me, for that matter) get on the Campaign Trail without heavy corporate backing.

In very closely-related news that pertains here: Employers are not legally required to withhold any taxes based upon employee compensation listed in their payrolls. This was even proven in court!

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have read about this and from what I'm getting, there is no "actual law" forcing a private
individual to pay " Federal Income Taxes"

Unfortunately, our employers accept the wording of TAX CODE as law, when
there is no actual LAW demanding that they comply by collecting taxes on the behalf
of their workers.

"Federal Income Tax" was meant as a tax on "privileged" government employees.

The definitions of employer and employee are deliberately vague and misleading as are
what qualifies specifically as "wages" or "income"

In reality most of us who earn a living working for someone else are in fact NOT EMPLOYEES
by accurate definition. We are WORKERS.

You wonder why tax law is not enforced in a conventional courthouse?

That is because the courts know they have no jurisdiction to enforce TAX CODE.

TAX CODE is an implied agreement. It is not a LAW.

I'm no expert on this by any means, but there have been cases where individuals have walked
away from the legal system completely within their rights, providing they know "very specific"
language that protects them from any criminal liability.

The DOJ actually has no jurisdiction to enforce TAX CODE

The fact that the IRS TAX CODE implies a TAX LAW is completely misleading.

www.givemeliberty.org...

www.taxfoundation.org...

frwebgate.access.gpo.gov...:+26USC3401

[edit on 9-6-2007 by FallenFromTheTree]

posted on Jun, 9 2007 @ 10:03 PM
link   
MidnightDStroyer: I am bookmarking your post as it is the single best way to help someone understand the tax laws. After watching Freedom to Facism I was clear. But, I than read the 16th Amendment and was a little confused.

Thanks for answering the majority of questions I was confused on as this is great information that I can give to people who have questions after I had them watch the Aaron Ruso movie.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Your citing a Tax Code, and The fact is that there is NO LAW requiring a direct Tax on Wages. The Supreme court ruled that their is no law in the Constitution or Bill of Right's that makes Law of a Direct Tax on any Person's income. The only tax that is a direct Tax based on U.S. Law is a Tax on Profit by Business or Person's. So, the Law states a Direct tax on a Person's income is voluntary. Profit is what the Tax Law was created for, not income.

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I think the Federal Income Tax law or no law is an important issue, and should be discussed, and I applaude everyone here for discussing its legality, or illegality actually.

But another important issue, in this case, would be the treatment of witness's by the police, and the subsequent lying and deceiving on the side of the Feds, during this whole thing.

A witness to the event was interviewed on the Alex Jones show, and he described exactly the treatment he received by the good and loving feds.

First he came to see what was going on. The cops saw him, and chased him. He was running from them, I mean I would run too if a whole army of men in black with guns was after me. Then, he stopped running, laid on the ground, and said "you got me". One of the officers said "taser him" and they proceeded to pull out a taser, the poor man put his hands up to block the taser, the cops said he was reaching for the weapon, and tasered him even more.

The man even said they fired shots near him, purposefully missing, just to scare him. And after they were done abusing and torturing him, they told him if he talked about any of this to the media, he would spend 25 years in prison.

This is in the mans own words ok, I cant verify this with any left brained proof for you people, but I was listening intently to the show when he was being interviewed, and he described it, his family verified it, I mean it happened.

And at first, the media was like "they were no cops, there was no raid, nothing happened" and then they eventually admitted it happened. They wont mention any of the details just, Federal officers surrounded the house of a tax protester, and served a warrant, I mean its so ridiculous.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Jun, 10 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thats what its all about, theres no law that says you have to pay federal taxes on earned income.

Joe Banister, who spent a large part of his career working with the IRS, he actually came across information that proved that there was no law, he went to his superiors and asked if it was true, they told him it was, and he better keep his mouth shut. He didnt keep his mouth shut, and he resigned before they could fire him smart move. But, in 2004, they got charged him with conspiracy and trying to defraud the United States, totally false charges but he was found guilty anyways, and was served a prison sentence and had to pay a fine of 7,500 dollars.

www.freedomabovefortune.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

See what happens to you if you get too close to the Truth? They come raid your house, or they will create misinformation to convict you on false charges.

Watch the video America: Freedom to Fascism by award winning producer Aaron Russo, and you will see all the proof you need to show you that the idea that there is a federal law requiring you to pay income taxes, is totally false.

video.google.ca...

I highly suggest everyone here watch this video, if you want to understand whats going on in your country.

[edit on 10-6-2007 by LightWorker13]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Doesn't have to be complex at all.

US Constitution Section 8

Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Congress has the power to collect taxes. Not the IRS. The IRS is part of the US Treasury which answers to Congress, but the US Treasry does not have law enforcement powers. Neither does Congress. Any claim to the contrary would be a consolidation of powers. Quite unconstitutional for the purposes of seperation of powers and the checks and balances laid out in the Constitution.

IRS has by some authority extension of Congress to determine, assess and collect taxes. Tax Codes can be made by the IRS, but they have no enforcement ability nor judicial power. They can lie and manipulate you in to signing documents that can be used against you in court as evidence of your acceptance of a debt (contribution) to the US Treasury.

That is about it, as far I can fathom their Tax Code gobbledygook and understanding of the Constitution. And in reading the 16th Ammendment, nowhere does the word "individual" or "the people" appear. Looks to me as it is describing a direct tax on the States Income without apportionment between states. Otherwise it would have language similar to the 10th Ammendment.

Amendment X

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.

Looks to me like someone(s) between 1913 and 1929 got a little greedy. The fact that the courts uniformly dismiss any claim against the legal validity of the IRS as not being a legal basis to avoid payment is interesting. The courts don't address the question of if the IRS is legal, they just say you must pay taxes. That might be a good proof of them still being greedy.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The one word that bothers me most is "uniform." How has this been mangled over the years by those lawmakers with the power to redefine what uniform taxation really is?

Perhaps this is at the core of what Ed Brown is protesting, and what becomes personal with anyone dealing with the IRS: the notion that you have been reduced to a number, a demographic, a statistic. Then, when you are asked to fork over an enormous portion of your own blood, sweat, and tears...well, you get the picture.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I sent the following email to my family and friends earlier today about Ed Brown. The purpose was to make them aware of the situation. I find that if I publicize the $1 million prize that showedthelaw.com offers then it gets a lot more attention than if I just start off talking about a tax protestor.

Here is the email I sent:

Link to ShowEdTheLaw.com and Link Counter

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ. A MAN'S LIFE LITERALLY HANGS IN THE BALANCE AS WE SPEAK.

This is very important because a man's life is hanging in the balance right now! The US Marshalls that have Ed Brown's house surrounded are unable to show him the law that they are arresting him for breaking yet they have him surrounded in his home. They will break into his house violently and arrest him because they say he has broken the law.

If you or anyone can show Ed the law that requires you to pay an income tax there is a prize of $1 million dollars worth of commercial property. Call the IRS, the US Marshalls, or your attorney and see if they know the law. If you want, tell them that you will give them half a million dollars if they give you the answer to a million dollar question.

This is important because if no one can legally claim the very enticing prize then how confident can you be that Ed actually broke the law that he might be killed by US Marshalls over? If you can not provide the law then please pass this on to a friend or colleague that you think might have a better chance. A man's life literally hangs in the balance!

Sincerely,
Michael Spivey
www.spiveyworks.com

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ. A MAN'S LIFE LITERALLY HANGS IN THE BALANCE AS WE SPEAK.

This is very important because a man's life is hanging in the balance right now! The US Marshalls that have Ed Brown's house surrounded are unable to show him the law that they are arresting him for breaking yet they have him surrounded in his home. They will break into his house violently and arrest him because they say he has broken the law.

If you or anyone can show Ed the law that requires you to pay an income tax there is a prize of $1 million dollars worth of commercial property. Call the IRS, the US Marshalls, or your attorney and see if they know the law. If you want, tell them that you will give them half a million dollars if they give you the answer to a million dollar question.

This is important because if no one can legally claim the very enticing prize then how confident can you be that Ed actually broke the law that he might be killed by US Marshalls over? If you can not provide the law then please pass this on to a friend or colleague that you think might have a better chance. A man's life literally hangs in the balance!

Sincerely,
Michael Spivey
www.spiveyworks.com

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Ed Brown and his wife have protested the federal income tax and have refused to pay it. Brown has threatened to use force to keep from paying the tax.

From what little I know of the background of these folks, they've been holed up in their place for quite a while. More on this as more details come out.

prisonplanet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

If I'm not mistaken, thats not exactly right.

Brown has said that he would protect his property and family against attacks from outside and that he would be more then happy to pay his taxes if someone, anyone, showed him their legality.

There doesn't seem to be anyone in the US able to show that these taxes are legal and all thats being said is that these taxes need to be payed regardless.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWorker13
Joe Banister, who spent a large part of his career working with the IRS...

Well, besides the link you provided, there's also some more info about Mr. Banister...somewhere right about...Ok, where did I put that link?...Oh, right here.

Originally posted by mspivey
If you or anyone can show Ed the law that requires you to pay an income tax there is a prize of $1 million dollars worth of commercial property.

IMHO, no one is going to be able to collect the prize, because not even IRS representatives, in court, in front of a judge, have been able to quote any such law!
And such corruption in the courts about it too! A fine example of NWO-style "justice" can be found in the Dick Simkanin court transcripts that are linked from this article. Okay, if you're really that lazy, the transcripts that Judge McBride allowed released are here

A bit more about Ed Brown right here.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Man if they kill Ed Brown, this could spark a revolution, so Im sure they wont kill him.

The feds say theyre going in.

www.infowars.com...

This event is getting alot of attention, no thanks to the mainstream media, but millions of people know about it thru the alternative media, and I think if they kill the Browns, we should start revolting.

If they would kill a peaceful spiritual man, because he wont follow a criminal law that doesnt exist, and that they cant show him....what else would they do? Whats next? What needs to happen before we stop taking this #?

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:05 AM
link   

The feds say theyre going in.......

If they would kill a peaceful spiritual man....

Peaceful men dont have guns, and I believe Mr. Brown is an athiest.

If Americans sat back and watched as the Waco debacle unfolded and did nothing, then there is no chance in hell anyone is going to bat an eye over Ed Brown.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11Bravo

The feds say theyre going in.......

If they would kill a peaceful spiritual man....

Peaceful men dont have guns, and I believe Mr. Brown is an athiest.

If Americans sat back and watched as the Waco debacle unfolded and did nothing, then there is no chance in hell anyone is going to bat an eye over Ed Brown.

Since when was it against the law to be an atheist??????

The Branch Dividians are a completely different story from this guy. They were sickos in my view looking solely to promote their own "religion."

Ed Brown may be looking out for himself, but it seems as though he has taken this chance to make a point about a glaring inconsistency in the law...a gaping hole that has gone un-reconciled due to lack of a definitive argument.

Again, would somebody tell us all who are reading this thread: what specific law on the books compels anyone of us to pay taxes?

I know logically that if I don't, that if we all don't do it, we'll be living like folks in the Sudan within a few decades. But if the country is going to require it, they had better require it officially...with a law, a big bold, unmistakeable law that is clearly written for all to read.

I'm not so sure one exists now that isn't vague as to what we should all pay and who even needs to pay what all the time.

Tax code right now is convoluted to the point of corruption. Clarify or ditch it.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by newtron25
Tax code right now is convoluted to the point of corruption. Clarify or ditch it.

This is the whole of the tactics used by the "NWO" guiding things behind the public-face politicians...They intentionally convolute the system so that nobody knows what's what. They must be circumspect in what they do because of the Constitution. They must side-step it carefully, because too much blatant action would stand out too far; As everyone knows, the nail that sticks out the furthest is the first one to get hammered.

What really needs to be done in Government (starting in Congress) is to make sure that any previous legislation that runs counter to the Constitution gets repealed...The Patriot Act (& the followup Victory Act) would be a good place to start. Congress has only begun to realize what a mistake it was to legislate the Patriot Act without even first reading it...It's far past time that Congress corrects such mistakes of the past.
Another mistake (more closely related to Ed Brown's situation) would be to publicly declare full clarification of Tax Law, Tax Code, what is actually enforcable & who can enforce what...These points are what gets most contested in trial for "tax crimes" lately & the whole mess must be made clear; Any other action by the government could be considered as Breech of Constitutional Oath, subject to impeachment (not just the President, but the whole of government) & even additional indictment afterwards.
One of the most immediate tasks would be to not reform the Immigration Laws, per se, but to call on the Exectutive Branch to perform its duty to enforce existing laws (as long as those laws are Constitutional). Even though Bush's Amnesty for illegals coming into the USA was shot down, Congress still wants to debate it further before July 4th (Bush is trying to rescue it).

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join