It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bang Zoom Bang !!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I hope I'm not covering something that was discussed before, but has anybody seen the photo at:

physics911.net...#

I'm referring to the photo in the first row of examples at the right. It appears to show detonations going off a fraction of a second before the plane impacts the South Tower on 9/11. It is supposed to be from video broadcast during a Nova documentary, which is not named.

I've been involved in a couple of other threads referring to 911 photos and remember commenting that the smoke emanating from the South Tower at the moment of impact looked like the whiteish smoke associated with a high temperature explosion rather than the sort of thing one would expect at the onset of a fuel fire.

[edit on 6-6-2007 by ipsedixit]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:07 PM
link   
physics911.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>This photo is pretty strange.Whats with the puffs of smoke right before impact?

[edit on 6-6-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Very good question. It looks like they were opening a hole so that the plane could slide into the building without getting wrinkled. Which is what appeared to happen, basically.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Very good question. It looks like they were opening a hole so that the plane could slide into the building without getting wrinkled. Which is what happened basically.

Ok guys are you still beleiving that a plane hit the buildings?
The explosions always looked unreal anyway. Also at the same time of this explosion there is another one going off in the other building. Also 5 - 10 seconds before the so called "plane" impacted the building there were weird flashes (not the so called laser pointer) going on and off exactly at the same point of impact. But hey this is just crap correct a plane hit the building...

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ipsedixit

Indeed this is an interesting question. But I am not sure if the plane hasn't actually impacted at this point. If the nose was first impacting, it could be the pressure being released and causing this.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Is this photo real or photo shopped?

Lucy, you have some explaining to do. If this photo is real.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Nothing to see in here here is the simple explanation:
Its the tail section that will enter later on and that will move the air so that the flow of energy released upon impact will progress to the reaction of the air flowing towards the exit point above the impact one. This is a reaction of the simmetric forces applied overall to a weakened structured based on the first reaction of the gas expanded due to the compression of the impending explosion and so well disregarded on first instance while the quantum math applied to the overloaded beam structure failed to meet the so called Newtonian Law of energy conservation.
Check the beams bended at 22 degrees indicating a clear sign of the modernum quantum leputician so obtained by the forced concentrade in one and no other point of release of energy.
Debunk this !!! SUCKERS!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I haven't done a lot of rooting around in regard to this photo, it's provenance etc. I was so shocked when I saw it that I just wanted to get it up in the forum right away. I'm not a real hard core 911 investigator although I have probably read more than the average person about that day, so I'll be very surprised if someone hasn't already had a thread on this photo, or video still.

If this photo is genuine, it proves that some kind of detonations preceded the plane's entry into the building.

Talisman, it seems very clear to me that the plane has not impacted the building in the photo. I would like to compare this photo with other videos I have of the impact. It would be nice to know what the source was for the video in the Nova documentary and also when the documentary was aired. This photo raises a lot of questions.

Piacenza, I acknowledge a lot of what you are saying (prior to your immediate previous post, lol), but I'm not ready to come to a definite conclusion with regard to a lot of the video evidence. Nowadays a picture is worth a thousand lies.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This would explain how the plane reacted the way it did, if there was a plane.

It's possible that they rigged the building a certain way that allowed the planes to enter the buildings and react the way it did.

Smokes and mirrors, the laws of physics might not have been on hold on that day after all.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I reckon thats a photo shop job, i saw it once before somewhere like the webfairies site or perhaps terrorize.dk but when you check the video its actually not like that at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I haven't made up my mind about the "no planes" theory, but as a gesture to the no planers, you could cite the photo as yet another example of how those psy-op Disney studio rejects screwed up their animations.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Well for once I go against myself, yes this photo is doctored (maybe...) in the many many many and many videos I watched I did notç see the explosions this early. But... Still... the explosions look so suspicious...Don't they? I would love for this picture to be real but I am quite sure it is not.
I just hope it made some ppl think.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
In Plane Sight was one of the first conspiracy videos to bring this up. I don't know how to link but if you search questions questions.net, I believe, you will find a very reasonable explanation for that photo. I'm going to dig around and see what I can come up with.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixitbut as a gesture to the no planers,

Why do people do this?

Associate a certain possible theory to the person who's open minded about it?

Now we are gonna start to call people no planers?

What is wrong with this picture? A lot.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This site contains other photos from what I assume is the same Nova documentary.

www.911research.dsl.pipex.com...

This site takes issue with different aspects of the video, the plane's appearance etc., but I can't find the photo previously cited among the ones on this webpage although there is a still of the moment that the flash is seen at the front of the airplane.

I think VicRH might be right and that the photo cited first might be a misleading manipulation. Sorry for the fuss. It would be a great shot if it was real, but now, I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Questions questions.net has a pretty good interpretation of what the flash is seen in the picture. Being an aviation enthusiast, after I watched In Plane Site, I wanted to know what the flash was myself and that is, in my opinion, the best web site that I can find to answer my questions. It also has some pretty good analysis of the pod theory.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   
First of all I think that photo is fake. Ive seen that shot in slow motion so many times and it never look like that. The spark is static discharge.

When I was in the army we had to discharge the copters that hooked up to equipment or whatever while hovering. Air friction static something.
The blades would glow bright at night, cool sight.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm going to assume two things..
1) The image in question is not 'doctored'
2) The image really is from microseconds before impact, as claimed.

Given the speed of the aircraft, 'milliseconds before impact', the aircraft would have to be *close* to the wall. In fact, assuming a 500mph speed, simple math ((((500 x 5280) / 60) / 60) / 1000) = 0.733 feet per millisecond. This seems reasonable, since the aircraft seems to be less than 1 fuselage height from impact..within 15', in other words.

The implications of that are interesting. For one, there is a definite 'bow wave' ahead of any aircraft....air displaced ahead of the nose, that eventually (at least in normal flight) will flow back along the fuselage. If you doubt this, talk to anyone who's ever flown on a USAF KC-10 tanker. When heavy iron like a B-52 comes up close to catch the boom for a drink, the tanker crew knows it. The 'bow wave' ahead of this aircraft in that picture, though, has a problem...it's not able to flow normally, due to a large, flat surface being in the way. Those windows are wind proof...possibly even hurricane proof, though I have my doubts on that score...but I don't know of any building window that can stand what amounts to a 500mph sledgehammer shot. That 'bow wave' could easily have taken the glass out of that wall, and then been channeled by hallways and / or ductwork to pop side or even rear windows out, producing the 'premature explosion' you see in that image.

Alternatively, we might have an explosion inside the building that somehow doesn't expell any debris outside *right beside the detonation*...which seems unreasonable to me. The explosive explanation also requires an order of precision that isn't reasonable...even a laser-guided bomb has a margin of error measured in feet (albeit not many feet) due to aerodynamic forces. Don't try to sell that orange dot as a laser aiming point, either...it's several orders of magnitude too large.

It would be interesting to see an uncompressed video of the impact, and capture that same frame w/o the compression artifacts, just to see if the situation might be easier to interpret. Then again, I find myself wishing for artifact-free images / video in just about every discussion regarding 9/11.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Two points:

Earth2, I've never heard the static charge explanation before. Very interesting, might clear up the flash problem. I'm not a tech guy so I don't know.

Brother S., I read somewhere that an airliner of that kind can't do 500 mph. at that altitude. That said I take your general point. It sounds plausible but I don't believe that is what happened. Other photos on the second web site cited by me, seem to indicate clearly that the original cited photo is a fake and that the explosive puffs in question did not appear until the plane was well into the building.

posted on Jun, 6 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

This frame, allegedly from a news video shown on the PBS program NOVA, shows the incoming aircraft a few microseconds before impacting the office tower wall. There is a bright flash just ahead of the nose, as if that part of the wall had become red-hot rather suddenly. Moreover, a row of explosions appear along the building’s corner wall, on a level with the aircraft’s line of flight. No known physical process can produce the results of an impact ahead of its actual occurrence and one is compelled to understand that the explosions arise from planted charges. [source]

Let's try to find this video and see if it appears in the video as well.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join