It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you drive?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

chrisnolefan
i understand completely about the speed. i had an 88 528, although no quite as fast as your 98 328, it would drive very well at high speed. too bad it ate a clutch and tranny and its not worth puttin that kinda money into it.

Well, the 206lb/ft I originally had put quite a smile on my face. It was 1lb/ft more than my friends 2000 Eclipse GT and a lot more than my other friends'94 H22 Prelude. I would kick ass off the line with the traction control on but as soon as the VTEC kicked in it was a lost cause. The base torque on the 328 was alright, but the RWD and the heaviness of the car doesn't help at all.

I had to do something to match myself back up and keep up with the Jones'. The armada would be burning up some of the backroads and I kept getting my ass kicked by the GT, the Prelude H22, and my friends new WRX wagon. In second gear the H22 pulled away, in third the Eclipse GT and right from the get go the WRX had me with it's AWD. I had to do something. Especially when I maxed out at 135 and I had three of my friends passing me at 140-145+. Nowadays the competition is a little better with the ECU but I still get smoked.

My fiancee wants a Supra but I'm trying to move her across to something more serious.

MA, tell your fiancee to hold out until 2006. The new Supra with a boosted V6,8 or 12 is going to be sick and I know you'll want to borrow it, I would.

Oh yeah..

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
98 Ford Explorer, black

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I drive a piece of #, Model white trash elfmobile supreme.:w:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
For the Wizard mobile....the Subaru WRX.
Just don't waste the extra 10K on the STi version. You can buy the stock version, spend 7-8K in add-ons and upgrades, and end up over 300 HP.

Trust me.

They never even have a chance. LOL!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is not a pic of my car but looks identical except the rims on mine are the GT Pony 5 star cause they just look better than any other rim on the FOX body mustang.

5.0 liter 302
Flowmaster Exhaust, GT40 Intakes, 70mm T-body, MAF conversion kit, 76mm MAF, BBK cold air induction, MSD (6AL, distributor, coil), 30lb Injectors, Comp Cam (35-328-8), SPEC stage 3 clutch, Tremec 3550, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3.73 gears, subframe connectors, Eibach drag launch springs, plenty other tweaks including NOS, but thats cheating now isn't it...lol

Been workin on this car for 7 years:

Once again this in not a pic of my car, but it looks identical except for the rims.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Can you guess my quarter mile time?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i drive the mommy mobile, its a 98 Ford Windstar

posted on Mar, 1 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
For the Wizard mobile....the Subaru WRX.
Just don't waste the extra 10K on the STi version. You can buy the stock version, spend 7-8K in add-ons and upgrades, and end up over 300 HP.

Trust me.

They never even have a chance. LOL!

I just test drove an STi on Saturday. I drove the regular WRX all summer long last year. Worlds apart. You can get an STi for 27k if you know where to look and I garuntee that it will school any WRX with 7000 worth of mods. You forget it has 300ft/lb of torque so it's gone even before your upgraded turbo kicks in. Sorry ZZZ, you're living in a fantasy land, test drive an STi and you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

*EDIT: Spelling and grammar.

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by insite]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Really depends what the 7k is spent on in the way of mods to the Rex to get it to haul azz harder.

But yes...the difference between the stock Rex and the Sti is more than a little noticeable. Drove a '97 Rex, reasonably stock with filter, zorst and slight boost increase...then climbed into a completely stock Rex Sti Coupe...Coupe owned by far.

JDM Rexs are just nasty...love them, and love that boxer rumble...one of the best Rexs around was owned by an ATS member I know, ROGUE, his '96 street STi RA was modded out hard to drop 11sec quarters...so if ya wanna know about mods to Rexs, ask him...

...recently sold it
...but hey, more money to spend modding his new EVO8...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Im extremly jealous of you guys and your subarus.....I got a spoiled rich friend that got the new STi and that car is the greatest.All well drive on a turbo charged car is an awsome feeling.

I didnt know so many people had such good taste in cars here on ATS..im impressed.

I was about to buy a 97 civic that had a Si motor thrown in it for 4,000$ but decided to hold out for awhile,he put the motor in himself so I was a bit wary of his handy work but that car hauld alot of ass...It could beat almost any car that pulled up along side it..it was dumpin on 5.0's all night.I should have bought it now that I think of it.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by McGotti]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
1988 760 Volvo Turbo Intercooled Wagon

Yipee

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
im currently pushing a mclaren f1, and a hummer with gucci interior 20 tvs a hot tub 27 in rims, and i recently got into imports and am currently building a celica, nah for real the celica is real and it is my 2nd project i have already built an rsx with over 20,ooo dollars worth of parts but i cant drive so i build to sell im only 13 , i doi t on the side at my dadand uncles garage, the first car was a charger we built for ourselves and we race it, over 1000 horse well over and it goes over 200mph, flies in the quarter mile i have driven it once on a track i was like see ya later alligator

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked
Can you guess my quarter mile time?

12 seconds?

Forgot to add, I drive an Intrepid!

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by intrepid]

posted on May, 18 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I drive a 1995 VS holden commodoe (holden is owned by GM is an aussie car company, kinda like you chev equivalant) V6 3.8L engine, thus far no mods excpept the sound system (2 clarion 6x9s in the back, 2 clarion 3-way 6's in the front, and a pioneer cd/mp3 player) planning to get a sub and amp soon, and also get it lowered 2 inches (its prett low as it is) and get a set of 17 inch rims with low profile tires, also want to get a sports exhaust kit put in, and one day a supercharged 5L V8 engine (and watch insurance go through the roof)

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:20 AM
link   
When Im home in the states I drive a 2003 Honda Element ( my little hummer) When im here in Germany I drive a 1999 Mercede G-Klasse ( Its the Merc Jeep) DIESEL POWER BABY

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, I drive a nice orange (yes I said orange) 88 Ford Ranger junker.

Thank God for auctions.

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by 71LSPC]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I drive a ford focus, 2002 good in gas.

I don't care for fancy cars I want savings and good gas mileage.

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'd like a hybrid car.

[Edited on 8-7-2004 by Narnia]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I totaled the civic few months back.

damn poles.

so it looks like I might be buying a pinto soon. rox.

narnia, yeah I'd like to have a prius myself.

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I want a Ford Mustang GT 2004 Version when i move to Orlando... whether it'll happen is a totally different story. For the moment i use my Dads Rover 75 when he lets me

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join