It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you drive?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I did a search and couldn't find anything that suggested this has already been done at some point. Apologies if it has!

I'm assuming a large number of members have cars? What do you drive?

Currently I have a 1990 Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 8V SRi. No mods as such, apart from a K&N induction kit and a straight-through Sportex exhaust. It ain't much, but I like it
oh...and I got a complete set of Gmax shocks and springs for it recently, so it sits about an inch and a half lower than in the pic.

[edit - for some reason my server isn't responding as I write this, the images are there somewhere...it'll be back up shortly no doubt]

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by UniversalFiction]

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by UniversalFiction]

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Well i druve people crazy does that count!

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Well i druve people crazy does that count!

I s'pose it does! ........in a way.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I drive a VW golf MKIII 1997, and I intend to swap a GTI VR6 motor in there (I'd like to get a 1999 or more recent motor), as soon as money allows it...

Some people might think it suck, but I think it's not so bad, considering that about a year or more ago, I was still driving a golf diesel 1985, wich was really a piece of garbage on wheels...

And it's driving well, so hey, nothing to whinne about here...

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
yo I drive a pinto!

I drive a 99 civic.

nothing added to it, I would like to buy a new car one day, one that I get to trash out then sell to some chump like me.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I drive a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I love it. But the car I do want to get is a Subaru Impreza WRX.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I don't drive anything at the moment, just have a pushbike, but I'm taking my driving test on Jan 14th so any good vibes you can send my way will be much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
driving on the parents mazda protege

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   
2003 Toyota Camry LE

I love that car...

[STAY COOL)
-prophetmike

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I rolled my car and decided to wait a while to get a new one.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I killed my chrysler, so I am now driving a subaru. I almost ended up driving my '73 Barracuda. That would have been fun but there's way too much temptation to drive like a maniac.
So, I drive my oversized riding lawnmower Subaru Legacy. *sigh*

BG

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Beergoggle

WOW... Is your barracuda in shape? (is it rolling?)

Man, you're lucky to have that ! Now THAT was a car. What kind of engine do you have in, and do you have some pics?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:10 AM
link   
88 Thunderbird Turbocoupe 5-spd
-Dynomax dual exhaust
-K&N cold air intake

I never thought I would drive a Ford until I got a hold of this thing...I was Mopar all the way. I had a 69 Coronet 440 in high school...*sigh*

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:57 AM
link   
m0rbid, It's actually in really good shape aside from a few cosmetics. Very little rust and no bondo, just old paint. It has a 440 w/iron cross, the engine was built by a guy who owned a machine shop and had a serious need for speed. I have yet to confirm the dyno tickets but the previous owner swears up and down they are in the 585-600hp range. The straight pipe 3" exhaust is a homing beacon for the police, so I avoid driving it much. This is a very fast car.

[Edited on 12-6-2004 by beergoggles]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Damn nice car beergoggles! I'm impressed. I used to be into classic american when I was younger. My tastes have changed somewhat, I'm aiming for an imported Skyline next

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
... I would like to buy a new car one day, one that I get to trash out then sell to some chump like me.

I've been there too m8, I've been that chump. Am a little more careful when buyin' these days.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I drive a 98 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I love it. But the car I do want to get is a Subaru Impreza WRX.

Good cars, from what I've seen/read. They're pretty popular here. You can't beat that lovely burbling exhaust note the sidevalve produces!

Originally posted by pantha
I don't drive anything at the moment, just have a pushbike, but I'm taking my driving test on Jan 14th so any good vibes you can send my way will be much appreciated.

Good luck pantha!! I can still remember the feeling when I passed mine
You planning a particular car after you pass?

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I drive a silver 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette van. It's comfy, lots of cargo space, and all kinds of neat little gizmos... One of the coolest of which, is an automatic opening passenger side door... that's damn handy, not to mention just plain neat.

Makes our driving trips comfortable, and allows us to not have to worry about borrowing a truck from our friends, when I'm doing some kind of building project....

I miss my motorcycle though...that was fun...(except in the rain)....

[Edited on 7-1-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
beergoggle

SWEEEEEEEET!!!! Your car ROCKS dude, you're are so lucky to have that!!!

I love the wheels, the large tire, and the rear lights are just so COOL!!! So old-school! Old american car were the #! Must drink a lot of fuel tho, but man...what a car... Yeah, I understand cops must be watching you a lot when you drive around in that...

I just can't believe you own that... And hey, it's still in good shape for a car of those years.

Mind if a call you a LUCKY BASTARD one more time!
Ah man..I'm seriously jealous...550-600 HP?!?!?! Crazy, but totally believable. I know what such car were able of, my father owned a few chargers back then...

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   
1992 Chrysler LeBaron

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join