It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlestar Galactica is Ending !!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
yup.......you read that correct...this is the last year for Battlestar Galactica !! Sci-Fi is killing it.....

Link Here

ANOTHER one bites the dust !!

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I don't understand people who want TV shows to go on forever. Like Babylon 5, BSG has a story arc that spans several seasons and that story has to end (find earth) at some point.

Don't get me wrong. I love the new series and it's one of the only TV shows I watch, but knowing that it's only four seasons long make it all the more enjoyable for what it is.

How many seasons of "here come the cylons, yay we got away by some miracle, here's another clue to earth's location" do you want to see anyway?

It would get kind of boring and predictable after a while. To me it would be more painful to watch this series "jump the shark" than see it end in a blaze of glory with four seasons of great episodes to add to the collection.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
yup.......you read that correct...this is the last year for Battlestar Galactica !! Sci-Fi is killing it.....

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Alpha Grey]

Sci Fi executive vp original programming Mark Stern said the channel's brass "respect the producers' decision to end the series."

It is sad but it's not Sci-Fi that's ending it it's the producers. At least we will get an ending and not be left wondering if they reached Earth or not.

[edit on 1/6/07 by executioner]

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
As a die-hard BSG fan, I think this is great news. Don't get me wrong, I will sorely miss watching it but as has been said, why drag a series on to a stage your audience tires of it...

The producers are actually listening to their fans, and this is why I like this show on so many levels. We will get a full story with no attempts to milk more money out of a good thing by prolonging it beyond it's shelf-life. Plus, we won't have to worry about a premature cancellation and end up hating the studio (think Invader Zim and The Starship Troopers Chronicles).

Four seasons is good. There have been some great episodes and over all I think the total length of the series is perfect.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree. BSG will go down as one of the all time great TV series. It's so symbolic, with it's religious undertones. Every episode makes me think. I can't wait to see the final season unfold, what with Starbuck coming back and Tigh and the others finding out they are cylons.

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I pretty much agree with most here, it's probably a good thing.

It's gonna be one hell of an action packed season, not having to worry about producing filler shows to stretch things out for another season.

[edit on 14/6/07 by Skibum]

posted on Jun, 14 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I blogged about this story recently and I was really bummed.

But, on the good news side, I also blogged about David Eick's new project the Bionic Woman. I've even got a 5 min preview video that's awesome. And a spoiler for you...Katee Sackhoff is in it.

Also, in other good news...Supergirl is coming to Smallville.

[edit on 14-6-2007 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My prediction is that the 4th season will be left open ended and there will be a bunch of TV movies ala Babylon 5.

I also predict that after a lengthly Prologue at the beginning of Season 4 there will be a larger time-lapse then the one between Season 2-Season 3. Earth is supposed to be isolated so it'll take 'em a while to get there.

new topics

top topics

join