It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Threat of Nukes on American Soil?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I don't know if a lot of people realize this but..

I just recalculated my stats from death tolls in Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, and Iraq, and over the past 50 years, the American military has brutally killed (with bombs, napalm, and guns) 6,600,000 people across the world. To put that in perspective, it's roughly equal to the amount of Jews that died in the Holocaust and 3 times the number of Cambodians slain in the Cambodian genocide (some modern historians even think that the U.S is responsible for the majority of the Cambodian genocide deaths with secret bombings and attributed them to Pol Pot to save face but that's a discussion for another day).

70,000 people died in Hiroshima.

So, let's pretend that Al-Queda, or whatever boogie-man group of the day- actually let's say deer, since deer kill more, and are thus more deadly, Americans than terrorists do (7500 people over the past 50 years, 2.5 times more than terrorists!)- let's pretend a rogue group of dangerous deer somehow manage to detonate a nuclear weapon in every major U.S city. So, let's count 20 cities. 70,000 times 20 = 1,400,000. An incredibly unlikely series of co-ordinated nuclear attacks on 20 major U.S cities would still mean that the U.S has killed about 6 times more people over the past 50 years than deer have killed us.

What I'm trying to say is, deer are more deadly than terrorists, America has killed with conventional weapons the past 60 years the equivalent of over 100 nuclear strikes on major cities, terrorism is not a big threat, and even if terrorists somehow manage to bomb every single major U.S city then we will still be more evil than them.

[edit on 6/1/07 by RedDragon]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Using your warped logic, we can also say that since car accidents kill more than 1,000,000 worldwide each year, that car manufacturers are more deadly than US military intervention.

Yet somehow I don't see you vilifying Toyota & Volkswagen as being "evil". No, of course not, that doesn't fit your agenda. So lets vilify the US

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

terrorism is not a big threat, and even if terrorists somehow manage to bomb every single major U.S city then we will still be more evil than them.

You need a reality check! Terrorist blow up busses, cars, and markets full of civilians on a daily basis. That is a big threat to humanity. Also in case you were sleeping on Sept 11th that too was a big threat.
Wake up and stop spewing anti American rhetoric and learn the facts.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedDragon
I just recalculated my stats from death tolls ...

Go back to school and learn how to calculate. :shk:
Oh .. and in addition to math class, take some history as well.

This is just anti-American rhetoric with a biased agenda.
It isn't even 'good' rhetoric that could even be half way believable.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reality Hurts
Using your warped logic, we can also say that since car accidents kill more than 1,000,000 worldwide each year, that car manufacturers are more deadly than US military intervention.

Yet somehow I don't see you vilifying Toyota & Volkswagen as being "evil". No, of course not, that doesn't fit your agenda. So lets vilify the US

Cars kill more people than terrorists but Americans still kill more people than cars.

EDIT: Combine all the fatalities from car crashes in America over the past 50 years, all the Americans killed by terrorists over the past 50 years, the amount of people killed by deer over the past 50 years (2.5 times the amount killed by terrorists!), and the fatalities that would result from 20 nuclear strikes on every major U.S city and the U.S has still killed about 1.5 million more people- roughly the amount of another nuclear holocaust.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Cars kill more people than terrorists but Americans still kill more people than cars.

Not according to....you.

You put up a number of 6.6 million deaths, starting with Korea and going until the present day. Thats roughly 50 years, or 132,000 deaths per year that you claim the US is responsible for. Now compare that to the 1,000,000 deaths per year in car accidents.

Now follow me closely here....1,000,000 is more than 132,000. In fact, its 7.5 times more than the US causes.

So, using only YOUR facts and YOUR logic, you've already debunked yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Not according to....you.

You put up a number of 6.6 million deaths, starting with Korea and going until the present day. Thats roughly 50 years, or 132,000 deaths per year that you claim the US is responsible for. Now compare that to the 1,000,000 deaths per year in car accidents.

Now follow me closely here....1,000,000 is more than 132,000. In fact, its 7.5 times more than the US causes.

So, using only YOUR facts and YOUR logic, you've already debunked yourself.

That would be true.. if 1,000,000 people died annually in U.S automobile accidents. That would mean that about, well let's just say an incredibly large amount of people would be dead over the past 50 years. That's about 25 times bigger than the real number though.

The number actually starts out pretty small 50 years ago, and gradually increases to about 40,000 per year over the past 5-10 years. Just for ease of calculations though, I considered 60,000 people/ year in my calculations which was actually a gross over-estimate.

Also, I edited my last post. Check out what I added there.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

That would be true.. if 1,000,000 people died annually in U.S automobile accidents.

Combine all the fatalities from car crashes in America ...

You're changing the parameters and not reflecting my comparison:

...car accidents kill more than 1,000,000 worldwide each year...

Read more carefully before you start flinging numbers out there. By the way, did you know that more people are killed by the US each year than die of natural causes in Rhode Island???? MY GOD!!!

If you're comparing the US inflicted casualties abroad, you have to accept the worldwide casualty rate from car accidents.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Reality Hurts]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

terrorism is not a big threat, and even if terrorists somehow manage to bomb every single major U.S city then we will still be more evil than them.

You need a reality check! Terrorist blow up busses, cars, and markets full of civilians on a daily basis. That is a big threat to humanity. Also in case you were sleeping on Sept 11th that too was a big threat.
Wake up and stop spewing anti American rhetoric and learn the facts.

[edit on 1-6-2007 by Digital_Reality] Yet another"America the evil villian thread".Why dont we just create a new ATS category for such and call it"Anti-American Propaganda"?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:35 AM
link   

By the way, did you know that more people are killed by the US each year than die of natural causes in Rhode Island???? MY GOD!!!

That is such a great comparison to the garbage he is tossing around. It means about the same= nada,zilch! It is so funny how many people actually fall for this crap and get twisted into thinking like these people.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You were not referring to me were you Xfile. I was not hating on America in any way, hell I love my Country. I hope you did not misconstrue what I said.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
OH no Digital_Reality!I undersood you!I just messed up the quote and dont seem to see an edit option,lol.Sorry for the mistke,my badness!

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

the amount of people killed by deer over the past 50 years (2.5 times the amount killed by terrorists!),

You’ve GOT to be kidding! How many people have deer killed in the past 50 years?

There have been 8468 terrorist attacks world wide since 9/11. Here is a list of terrorist attacks for this year – alone. Multiple victims in each of the attacks.

Please give me a CREDIBLE number of people killed in deer attacks in the past 50 years. I'd like to do the math and compare the figures ...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
[removed quote of entire previous post]

If you want to count every terrorist action from every terrorist group inflicted on every person on the planet then you should also include all the military deaths inflicted on the entire world which include all the genocides and civil wars in Africa, Chechenya, Soviets in Afghanistan, etc.

That's beyond the scope we're dealing with though.

Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 1-6-2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   

...car accidents kill more than 1,000,000 worldwide each year...

Read more carefully before you start flinging numbers out there. By the way, did you know that more people are killed by the US each year than die of natural causes in Rhode Island???? MY GOD!!!

If you're comparing the US inflicted casualties abroad, you have to accept the worldwide casualty rate from car accidents.

You bring up a good point. It would be excellent policy to stop killing people overseas and invest the saved money in the medical system to prevent people dying from natural causes. Imagine how many more lives would be saved.

Where did you get 1 million/ year worldwide for car accidents? That doesn't sound right if the U.S drives more than anyone else and we only have 40,000/ year.

Include the worldwide death count from car accidents though then also include the worldwide death count from war- it goes way over 6,600,000 if you include all the countries waging war.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xfile
OH no Digital_Reality!I undersood you!I just messed up the quote and dont seem to see an edit option,lol.Sorry for the mistke,my badness!

I understand now, no worries.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   

... the worldwide death count from war- it goes way over 6,600,000 if you include all the countries waging war.

You're talking about the US killing people around the world. Not worldwide deaths from war. Thats your point right? That the US is the source of the world's evil? Well my comparison was just as disingenuous as yours but a little more tongue in cheek. You're using questionable figures figures from unknown sources and arbitrarily blaming the US.

Have you forgotten that US participation in the Korean War was originally as a part of the UN action and that the North escalated it to the point where it went from minor border skirmishes to a full blown war? Not going to blame the UN, the soviets, or the North are you? Noooooo, you want to blame the US.

Have you forgotten that France created the circumstances that led to the Vietnam War and that it was originally called the French Indochina War? How about that the US wasn't the only power meddling there? Don;t want to blame the Chinese, the Russians, or the French do you? Nooooo, lets lay all the blame on the US.

I could go on forever, but I'm not dumb enough to think I'm going to change your mind. All one has to do is go look at your threads to see how many "The US kills people" threads you've created. You've already formed this opinion, on bad info to boot, and no one could change your mind if their lives depended on it. You're not interested in discussion and discourse, you want your own monologue about how the US is Evil, and thats it, not matter what the reality is.

OP's threads:
More Efficient Way to Spend Money: War on Deer
Since the 1950s, about 3,000 Americans, including military personnel in addition to civilian casualties, have been killed by terrorists...[snip]...over the last 50 years, we've killed 8,000,000 civilians

America's Wars: A Complete Sham
...thousands dead on 9/11 pales in comparision to the over 115,000 Iraqi civilians killed since our invasion of their home...

Are the Iraqi Insurgents Terrorists?
Are the Iraqi Insurgents Terrorists? I see them as resistance fighters

You're basing your opinion on selective information and using faulty logic to justify it. What you are left with is a fallacy, not a reality.

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Reality Hurts - Yes it does, doesn't it

The OP is giving us some numbers to play with, but all you can do is attack. Even if the numbers are not completely accurate, I am sure you would agree that the US has attributed, in one way or another to many, many VIOLENT deaths in the past century.

We can say: oh but so and so did this and that and this and that did so and so, but for a country that prides it's self on freedom and morals, the US, is surely not in any position to lay blame.

Even the indirect fatalities from arms sales would have to be astronomical. The US breeds war, it's it's meat and potatoes.

For Christ's sake look at the media that comes from the US - movies, games, music... it's all kill kill kill. US citizens are indoctrinated from a young age to accept violence and bloodshed, maybe even crave it?

Whatever you say in contrary to the above is BS and everyone knows it.

Now back to the OT

So how many AMERICANS have been killed by The Terrorists? 5000, 10000, 100000? I don't know but I do know this:

1 trillion can buy a lot of meat and potatoes

But anyway, Bush is right... he can't be otherwise can he? After all the majority of Americans believe him and they are not stupid, are they?

Boo Hoo

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Your logic is astounding. Comparing terrorists to deer is one of the most ridiculous things i've heard, so at least you stand out for something. Maybe you should re-calculate your statistics, since you're trying to compare an animal with an intelligent person who can make decisions, even if they're bad decisions that results in the deaths of innocent people around the world.

When was the last time you heard a story about a deer going into a market and blowing itself up, taking 20 women and children along with it? Now, when was the last time you read about a terrorist who wandered onto the highway at night, got hit by a car, and the crash killed the driver?

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm just waiting all the numbers to add enough to where everyone in the world has to currently be dead statisically. Come on I need hard numbers before April 15, 2008 to copy and paste when I turn in my 1040 form for justification for all those zeros.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join