It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Efficient Way to Spend Money: War on Deer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This War on Terrorism has gotten me thinking: What dangers face us, as Americans, today?

Well, I calculated some statistics.

Since the 1950s, about 3,000 Americans, including military personnel in addition to civilian casualties, have been killed by terrorists.

Pretty big number, eh? Spending nearly trillions of dollars over 3,000 lives because 3,000 people must really be worth that much money.

Well, I looked at other threats facing our country, the USA.

You know what's a greater threat than terrorism?

Deer.

Yes, that's right.

Deer.

Deer kill 150 Americans per year! 150 people is a lot of people- much more than terrorists kill.

Over the past 50 years, deer have killed 7,500 people! Deer are twice as deadly as terrorists.

So. for the good of our country, next time you see a deer, wage war on it: run it over with your car, shoot it, wrestle it to the ground and rip it's head off.

If you do that, you are a hero like the heros we have over in Iraq killing people that are only half as deadly as the enemy you just took on yourself.

Statistics don't lie. Terrorism is not a big threat; we are a bigger threat than terrorism. Terrorists may have killed 3,000 of us. However, over the last 50 years, we've killed 8,000,000 civilians and not a single country has attacked us. However, we've managed to attack 4 countries ourselves: Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

Terrorists may be half as deadly as deer but we're 3,000 times deadlier than terrorists.

[edit on 5/30/07 by RedDragon]

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   
LOL that is one of the funniest/ironic things i have ever seen. Who ever thinks that were in this war to save American lives is totally disillusioned. It's all about money and instilling American dominance over the world. What's crazy is that our actions in the mid-east might be the catalyst that causes the fall of our nation. All the money we put into this war on terror is like a pit. There is nothing positive to come of it except making Haliburton rich!!!!

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry this being a political thread and all but the first part of this post made me laugh out loud.However the last part made me
.Iam not American nor am I anti-American, but the actions define the word terrorist to me. I think most of us already knew the war on Iraq was not justified,but what can you do? March in front of the White House with picket signs and a megaphone aka: Alex Jones? What can any of us do about this?

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The worst part is that not only is 8,000,000 people a lot of people, but that may actually be an undercount since I didn't count all the people we killed with secret bombings over Cambodia. Some historians actually hold that it wasn't Pol Pot that killed the majority of the people in the Cambodian genocide during the 70s- it was our bombings that killed the bulk of the people and then we blaimed our murders of Cambodian civilians on Pol Pot to save face. Regardless, we've killed more people over the last 50 years, unprovoked, than jews died in the Holocaust.

Not to mention, now that the WMD motives for pre-emptively invading Iraq are out of the question, economic motives are politically incorrect to mention, and the 9/11 and terrorism connections are laughable, most people try to lay the reason of waging pre-emptive war being to spread democracy.

I'm sorry?

Spreading democracy is a political motive and waging war and killing people for political motives is one of the definitions of terrorism.

top topics

join