It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1952 washington white house ufo sighting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
here's the link.

an esquadron of ufo's over the white house in 1952. on july 19th.

must have been in the newspapers.

they've got a pic with it.

I allways recalled this one in my search. It was big.

I'd like to know some old folks on this board who might have witnessed this, or have lived in this period so they can tell.

startling, amazing..

[edit on 1-6-2007 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Check here for more info as well...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
and then there is...

THE VIDEO! ! !

here, first clip of the movie: 1952 Washington DC, july 19th

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Good video compilation, nice find

I especially like the orb instantaneously accelerating out of frame around 40 seconds in. THAT kind of daylight footage with higly anomalous motion / acceleration is the best kind of video evidence imo. Otherwise it'd just be another "balloon".

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
yeah, it's a nice videoclip, first time ever I saw the 1952 ... incident on video clip, just found it seconds ago!! waaw :p

great days these days!!

[edit on 1-6-2007 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
We'd probably need some verification before assuming that's indeed genuine footage from that event. It could very well be the reflections of car lights, etc. with washout from the white capital building making it appear as if they are behind it... Intriguing though...(and certainly not temperature inversions, hehe...)

posted on Jun, 1 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
formation in the picture looks alike the formation in the video, or well both fake?

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   
might have been that they knew about them showing!!

quote: In early July, 1952, Edward J. Ruppelt, then head of the Air Force's official Project Blue Book, was in conference with a scientist from a government intelligence agency that Ruppelt was not at liberty to name. "Within the next few days," he told Ruppelt, "You're going to have the granddaddy of all UFO sightings... in Washington or New York. Probably Washington."

from here

how the hell would he have known it? the scientist? must be superiors knew? sumt'n?

hmmmmh

posted on Jun, 2 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
and then there is...

THE VIDEO! ! !

here, first clip of the movie: 1952 Washington DC, july 19th

This first scene of the video was an animation-recreation for an ufo documantary.
Nice video but too much ballons in the seconf half.

[edit on 2-6-2007 by manastin]

posted on Jun, 3 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
truth is never to be found for they don't seek it.

howcome these worthy threads don't get attention anymore?

I found this to be real convincing. or am I the only one anymore?

a questions to the viewers, on a scale of 1 - 10, how convincing?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
nah, this doesn't work out for me.

still, there's need to be asked, what were they?

ET craft, american..... russian even German craft?

they were flying, they were. didn't affect us very much besides astonishment. no attacks, have there ever been attacks? besides making rockets useless?

that's a defense.

they've been.. taking our attention for so long, now.

purpose, what's their purpose....... is there a God?

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 07:45 AM
link   

formation in the picture looks alike the formation in the video, or well both fake?

The photo - commonly regarded as reflected headlights on glass, but serves as a good visual, so is still commonly used along with the story. note that in my thread, I disclaimed this when I used it.

The video - I knew it looked familiar...it was done for a documentary, and the name of it is right on the tip of my tongue....I remember it had a lot to do with earlier cases and BlueBook... I believe the special even had a lot about Ruppelt.

As an aside, Hyneck was in or around D.C. at the time, but of course he was on the coverup/explain away side at the time. He later stated the study that denounced it as temperature inversions (a full year later) was commissioned solely to provide a non-UFO related answer for the incident.

posted on Jun, 5 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

I'd like to know some old folks on this board who might have witnessed this, or have lived in this period so they can tell.

i was far away, in Grand Haven Michigan,
video cams didn't exist, there were some who had the rare movie cameras
i think pre-8mm or something??,
you'ld crank a spring drive & get a couple minutes of motion picture....
but the richer folks that owned something like that sure wouldn't be outside on the streets of D.C. ready to take pictures at night skies.

the technology was so primitive that the film of those 'Brownie' or Box Cameras portable cameras would take only bright daylight pictures that quickly became grainy...so, even independent reporters would not keep that type of equipment on hand, as a reliable source for money generating pictures...
the still photos from flashbulb cameras, the ones used by newspaper photos were the standard of the day....film developed in propriatary darkrooms

as far as news, well radio was still the king of instant news.
TV was limited to certain hours of broadcast, & the few channels woud have a big too-doo with 'signing on' and 'signing off',
with the Star-Spangled-Banner misic playing
& the American Flag blowing in the wind.

it was definitely the next day that the iconic photo of lights over the Capitol appeared in local papers all over?? America...at least in the paper from GrandRapids Mich.

i recall in the Catholic Church, the parishoners were asked to pray for the safety of the USA...my mom was under the impression that this was a demonic event rather than just an otherworldly visitation/encounter

a low key, mild anticipation, seemed the norm...but like a scary ghost story it quickly faded into memory

[edit on 5-6-2007 by St Udio]

top topics

join