It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the Real Planet Venus Please Stand Up!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

thanks for the info JRA. Yes, it is probably transmitted to the APL eventually. But first it has to be sanitized and I think all of that is done in Australia. It is then routed to the US. That is the reason for the delay.

Originally posted by jra
They expect to get about 6gb is data (over 600 images and data from other instruments). I'm not sure how long it takes to send 6gb from that distance but they should already have some of the data by now. I'm sure we'll see it soon.

Its not the distance from the transmitting spacecraft to Earth that causes the delay. Thats done in minutes. Its the time is has to spend being sanitized that causes the delay. I believe there is a facility in Canberra and one in Pina Gap that help in cleaning up the images.

johnlear, have you ever done any kind of work on RAW datafile or RAW imagery? If so, you would understand that the cause for delay is simply the massive amount of information contained therein. Single photographs -can- in cases run upwards of a Gb alone, let alone the fact that they are single images of differing wavelength that must be combined to get the least bit of a viewable image from them. "Sanitizing" of imagery is a leap, at best. However, I have one question;

May I please see one piece of physical evidence of image tom-foolery? Just one picture, that's all that would be needed really. Kindly awaiting some proof. - Forsaken.

[edit on 6-15-2007 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I felt some clarification was needed after my last post. Proof is the wrong term to use. Proof is a very subjective thing. Belief is also a very subjective thing. Belief can be the cause of revolution, or slavery. Beliefs are usually held very dearly by those who have them. However, the terrible thing about beliefs are the fact that they are irrelevant without evidence.

johnlear, it seems that everything you post is that you "believe there is a facility" or "believe that there is a soul catching tower on the moon" that no one but you can see. I, personally, believe the sky is in fact purple, but god damned if it isn't blue every morning I wake up and look out my window. Point being, your "belief" is useless without a scrap of verifiable evidence to back it up.

Still patiently waiting for evidence, - Forsaken.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
The only difference I can think of would be the ability to see into the infrared range. Here's a link that talks about that dual imaging system btc.montana.edu...

Thanks. That site explains it in easy to understand terms. So, this camera can see in the visible spectrum. I see that the Messenger satellite will image Mercury twice so as to make a topographical map. There should be lots of interesting images for us to take a look at. According to the site the mission will allow for, " the most detailed portrait of Mercury ever produced!"

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer

I, personally, believe the sky is in fact purple, but god damned if it isn't blue every morning I wake up and look out my window. Point being, your "belief" is useless without a scrap of verifiable evidence to back it up.

I'd have to agree with you. In reference to the color of the sky I think you get get your point across without taking the Lord's name in vain. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 15 2007 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ha ha that's funny! I always say " If the situation you got yourself into is so dire, don't pray for God to damn it even worse!"

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It seems as though my question has been answered as fully as it will be. Thanks johnlear.

posted on Jun, 23 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
John, I have a radar image from Magellan of Venus that shows what I believe to be the large face of Buddah. This is a split image I have with the crater Cleopatra on one side and the face of Buddah on the other split image. This is a great distance from the crater Cleopatra. I do believe as stated before that intelligent life exists today on Venus as well as Mars. Venus has almost the identical chemical and soil composition as Earth and both disapate heat almost identically. Who is kidding who when scientists say Venus is ladden with a sulfuric acid atmosphere with temperatures of around 800 degress F. Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
John, I have a radar image from Magellan of Venus

Okay rik cough it up... John's at the mine

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Hmmm, I thought that Venus was having its atmosphere ripped away all the time. I remember watcing a special about it, something to do with solar flares..anywhos every pic I see of the planet there is no surface to be seen. weird....

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have to say a few of the photos given to us by NASA seem to be CGI!some shots of Saturn on ATS look very fake.
I know they touch up the images,but sometimes they over do it!

This is fascinating info,like a lot of other threads on the planets/moons

BTW those two men who claim to be from Venus in the photos early on in this thread look a lot like young Bush brothers!Perhaps bush Jnr wants to create an atomic war to warm this place up a bit so its more suitable for his family

Joking aside I have a question for John regarding RV

John I guess you took an interest in RV in the mid 90's like I did going by your reference to the being taught in 97(about the same time frame as myself)David moorhouses book made me take lessons quickly!

I am surprised you havnt heard of the term Galactic federation before as it has been (if you believe rv works)to be in operation for many years.

Courtney Browns book on RV(I believe its called cosmic voyage)touches upon this subject a fair deal and he even says that he became our 1st earthling to join the Federation on the astral plane!
It has been a long time since I read this,but the ferderation is vast and life exists on Venus and mars and many other planets
Martians that courtney saw still live on the red planet but also came to Earth a long time ago and isolated themselfs from the natural species here.The greys where seen as galactic mothers nurtering life throughout our galaxy(and others!)They created a thicker atmosphere for mars after that society messed up big time and helped with the transfer to Earth.

If you havnt read Browns book,look it up as its a thought provoking novel
He also mentions that the greys use time travel,and there are past/present and future greys visiting us at the moment.

I used to read up on a lot of this subject many years ago and have some pretty out there books.Now with ATS I can read it on a widescreen monitor

Some realy good photos here lads,thanks for taking the time to post them

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Hi John,

Do you know whos flying objects these belong to?

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Also, how can this MI-24 fly when its engine is turned off?

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 16-8-2007 by demitrian21]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Someone has the balls enough to put an alien being on a commercial Playstation product. This is part of their method you guys (better wake up)! It seems like the government (or whoever it is) knows a way of mind controling the public by using the media. This is an ingenous idea. In order to incorporate this kind of alien being into our society, they are not doing it abruptly, but are doing it slowly through the media. Probably after many years these kids who see her in Playstation commercial will think its "natural" when they see these kinds of being in the streets.

My opinion? She's a hybrid. She has approximately, 70% human genes and 30% gray genes. They (grays) have perfected their hybrid cross-breeding to the point that she looks damn good. On a lighter note, during the past 1940s-1980s abductees said that the hybrids have few scattered hair on their heads and larger slanted eyes than the one you see in the commercial Playstation product.

Here's the video www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantPanda1979
every pic I see of the planet there is no surface to be seen. weird....

Venus
Dickinson Crater

Looks like water in it just like on Earth

What I want you to notice is the sunlight on the surface of this image If the clouds are so thick and its raining sulphuric acid all the time, why does it look clear and sunny?

[edit on 16-8-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Hmm it's possible. It would make sense that the government would tell us that venus was such a horrible place, so that nobody would ever suggest that we go visit venus, and find out the truth. But I still have my doubts about this. Maybe what your friends saw while remote viewing was what Venus looks like in another realm, such as the astral realm.

posted on Aug, 16 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
As I mentioned before the distance of a planet from the sun has nothing to do with the heat on the surface of that planet.

The sun is an eletromagnetic sphere, not a nuclear reactor or generator. (Otherwise you would suffer radiation burns).

The sun produces radiant energy but no heat (as we know it) and the heat that it does produce is only the by product of the energy overcoming the resistance of our atmosphere.

A planetary atmosphere acts in the dual purpose of an energy converter and a filter to adjust the amount of heat so formed. The converter and the filter ratios are so adjusted that all the planets in our system can have surface temperatures similar to our own.

The iinformation you are fed that planetary surface termperatures are in proportion to the distance from the sun is erroneous. Althougn I have never been there I would imagine that Mercury has an atmosphere and temperature similar to Acapulco.

This little published fact about the sun is why all the planets in our solar system can and do have human civilzations similar to our own and this includes, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Neptune, Pluto and Mercury.

If we knew how to harness the suns electromagnetic energy we would have free energy for most of our needs. Its possible that Nicholas Tesla knew something about that.

Its possible that the government know hows to harness the suns energy (and I am not talkng about little piddly solar cells) but due to the greed and avarice of those in control we will never enjoy its benefits.

However we can enjoy its other benefits which is its health and life giving rays while we are getting screwed by the government.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Another bright and Sunny day on Venus... no clouds... look at the shadows... This is really interesting terrain...

As a matter of fact the only cloud in the sky is a contrail... that casts a shadow...

Here is the full size image

Okay I have done enough damage for one night

Time to catch zome zeezz zzzzzzz

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Hey John,

Firstly let me say I first heard about you and this stuff on youtube where you did a radio interview on Coast to Coast with Richard Hoagland. Very interesting stuff by the way.

Anyway, nice to meet you. I have a couple of questions for you though. You say that there are people on Venus like us. Here's the thing though, scientists agree that complex life would not be here if the moon didn't exist, and even if it did, our biology would be extremely different than it is now.

The Moon affects lots of things from acting as a gravitational fulcrum and keeping the Earth spinning much slower, and on a tilt. Without these things, evolution would not have come about as it did (no seasons and all).

Now, it sounds like you're saying that none of this stuff matters when it comes to life being on other planets. And when we're talking the short amount of time life has taken place on our planet, and having the Moon there helped us basically accelerate evolution, the odds go down exponentially for life being basically at the same stage in evolution as us.

I would really like your input on these matters about life being on Venus. And let me say that so far, you have really given my mind the chance to reach out so much further than I think it would have without this new info.

Thanks,

Brett

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Originally posted by bigbert81

Hey John,

Now, it sounds like you're saying that none of this stuff matters when it comes to life being on other planets. And when we're talking the short amount of time life has taken place on our planet, and having the Moon there helped us basically accelerate evolution, the odds go down exponentially for life being basically at the same stage in evolution as us.

I would really like your input on these matters about life being on Venus. And let me say that so far, you have really given my mind the chance to reach out so much further than I think it would have without this new info.

Thanks,

Brett

Scientists think they know a lot more than they do. They have contrived these unnbelievably improbable scenarios to explain gas giants and other things they know nothing about. Other scientists, in order to keep their jobs and tenure have to toe the party line which means say that Venus is covered with volcanos and has an atmosphere of sulphuric gas and agree with other incredibly stupid hypotheses. But many know these cannot be true.

There is life as we know it on every planet in our solar system. But its a secret. If you want to know what the truth is you have to dig it out yourself because nobody is going to hand it to you on a silver platter.

I can tell you what I think but, of course, that is just my opinion. You need to make up your own mind. But I will tell you this. The truth is there for anyone who wishes to find it.

posted on Aug, 20 2007 @ 11:04 PM
link   

The Moon affects lots of things from acting as a gravitational fulcrum and keeping the Earth spinning much slower, and on a tilt. Without these things, evolution would not have come about as it did (no seasons and all).

According to whom? And based on what other models? There are billions of worlds out there... we have already cataloged over 200 planets around other stars..

Explain to me...

A) Which scientists are in agreement and is it all, a majority or a handful

B) the earth is hundreds of billions of years old Our meager existence but a few thousand... how has "the Moon accelerate evolution? Accelerate as compared to what?

C) You say " the odds go down exponentially for life being basically at the same stage in evolution as us." Again based on what? There are worlds out there billions of years older than ours... plenty of time to catch up. As to Venus on what do you base the fact that you must have a moon to have life?

Since we have nothing with which to compare how life was created and since we are still not 100% sure how it did here, how can you say "there must be a moon?"

And whats to say a planet like Venus wasn't colonized? If we went to a place with no moon, would we die off or would we overcome the obstacles and make it thrive?

Hey John,

Firstly let me say I first heard about you and this stuff on youtube where you did a radio interview on Coast to Coast with Richard Hoagland. Very interesting stuff by the way.

Anyway, nice to meet you. I have a couple of questions for you though. You say that there are people on Venus like us. Here's the thing though, scientists agree that complex life would not be here if the moon didn't exist, and even if it did, our biology would be extremely different than it is now.

Thanks,

Brett

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join