It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Network on Fire ... Literally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This is just breaking...the Upper West Side location of ABC television network is apparently on fire. The local New York ABC station is now off the air.

I'm not sure about the state of the national network.

Just heard that on NBC...the ABC building is actually not far from my apartment though.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:35 PM
link   
It's still off the air...

I wonder if anyone saw a fat angry lesbian with a gas can running away from the scene....

[edit on 5/27/2007 by djohnsto77]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:37 PM
link   
lol i just turned to abc here in ny and the channel is down. Nice find

I hope it's not serious.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revelmonk
I hope it's not serious.

The last thing I heard was that the building was evacuated and no one is injured, but it's believed the studios suffered major damage.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Go Rosie, Go!!!! I got a good one on that one.

Keep reporting the news.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Web news source...

Transformer knocks ABC off air

www.newsday.com

A fire at the WABC-TV studio in Manhattan knocked the staion off the air just before its 11 p.m. news broadcast last night and forced the evacuation of the television network's Columbus Avenue building.

Jeffrey Schneider, a spokesman for ABC News, confirmed there was a fire at the studio, which caused programming to be suspended.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-5-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Thanks for the link UM_Gazz

From what I can tell the local news studios are there as well as the Regis show and The View. Not sure about the nightly news program. I know Good Morning America is at another studio in Times Square.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Here's what the Times has to say about it:

NYTimes.com

WABC-TV was knocked off the air just before its 11 p.m. newscast last night after a spotlight exploded and caused a fire at its Lincoln Center headquarters, according to a station official.

The office was evacuated and no one was injured, according to officials of WABC, which broadcasts on Channel 7.

“We had to go to black,” said the WABC news director, Kenny Plotnick. The channel was blacked out through the entire New York City metropolitan market for more than two hours last night and early today before returning to the air just after 1 a.m.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
It's still off the air...

I wonder if anyone saw a fat angry lesbian with a gas can running away from the scene....

[edit on 5/27/2007 by djohnsto77]

Maybe she left some cloven hoofed prints?.....

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Hmm, Third fire in a broadcasting infrastructure around the world in a matter of 2 days. Moscows TV-tower was blazing and a Broacastting mast burned in SE-Finland... conspiracy to anyone? any more TV channels gone down recently?

top topics

join