It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm worried for my 18 month neice--VERY concerned!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilyblooms
:: Dispute::
The window reflection claim--if that was true that my neice saw her reflection in the mirror--shouldn't I have seen mine or hers as well? When she looks up at the window to waive, I'm sitting right next to her and I have inspected the angle, the lighting, the noise in that room and I didn't see any sign of reflection, bird, plane, noise that could otherwise distract her attention. Now, the point isn't that she waved--it's that something stopped her ABRUPTLY to look up and WAVE, GIGGLE, and say HI!.

::Question::
My neice has two waves. One to say hello and another where she is trying to grab something--that's her way that she wants you to come here, or wants something. I remember that when she waved the other day, she made her second wave--the grab. She wanted A.) whatever that object was to come to her B.) whatever it was it had. Could that make whatever it is actually come now that she has welcomed it to do anything to her?

[edit on 26-5-2007 by lilyblooms]

On the window not necessarily It depends on the light source I think. If it hasn't really done anything bad I doubt it will now.

posted on May, 26 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
My nephews apparently used to see a guy in their room. My brother and his wife didn't see this "person" that I know of.

Kids may tend to be more in tune with the spiritual side I think. And young kids aren't as succeptable to things like prejudice as say a more grown person. Watch kids when they are young. I'll bet they have friends of all colors.

We get our "education" throughout the years from family, school, activities and such, which can change our view of reality.

I think a previous person who posted was onto something when he/she mentioned education and "dumbing down." We get taught about physical reality, when really there is more to life than that. There is another important piece of the puzzle, and that is spirituality. You won't see it mentioned in a Science text book, but it is definitely there. I wonder if we are educated "away" from spirituality "on purpose?"

Anyway, yeah, people see things sometimes. It doesn't necessarily mean that there is a problem going on that requires a doctors involvement.

Truth is truth.

Troy

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Since the toy is so difficult to press it might have gotten stuck and just suddenly come unstuck thus causing it to play.

Children think differently than we do, of course; they think if they cover their eyes you can't see them, they also think if you are not with them that you just live in limbo coming alive only when they are there with you. I don't think I would be too worried about much she does at this stage.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

The "staring into space" thing you are describing is a symptom of a certain type of epilepsy that my cousin has (I'm sorry - I can't remember the name right now).

My first reaction to this is also that it’s possibly a neurological issue of some type. Even if it does not end up being the case, anything out of the ordinary should be followed up by a physician when your dealing with a new born child. They are not going to show the same type of signs that an adult would when they are having a problem, and they cannot communicate what is happening effectively to those around them. Things with a child can progress rapidly and leave permanent damage, so no matter what you may think is happening paranormally, you still need to bring this up with the parent and make sure they go see their doctor. Here are some of the symptoms which relate to seizure activity and seem to fit the description of what you listed above:

• Clusters of swift jerking movements in babies
• Muscle jerks of arms, legs or body
• Brief periods of no response to questions or instructions
• Episodes of blank staring
• Episodes of blinking or chewing at inappropriate times
• Repeated movements that look out of place or unnatural

Seizure Types and some symptoms
Absence
Also called petit mal
What It Looks Like
A blank stare, lasting only a few seconds, most common in children. May be accompanied by rapid blinking, some chewing movements of the mouth. Child having the seizures is unaware of what's going on during the seizure, but quickly returns to full awareness once it has stopped. May result in learning difficulties if not recognized and treated

Rigidity or spasming of limbs may be what is allowing him to turn on his/her stuffed animal, also don’t underestimate the grip of a newborn, they can give a pretty darn hard squeeze compared to their size.

In contrast some of what you’re describing may just be normal baby development, the eyes on an infant are not to the level of yours or mine until quite a bit after birth, At 8 months they are just developing to a point at which they can track movement, and see across a room:

1st month eyesight development
At birth, your baby will gaze at objects 8 to 15 inches away from him. Remarkably, this is about the distance from his eyes to the face of a person who is feeding or holding him. Eye-to-eye contact
may be brief at first, but it will increase during the early weeks after birth. Your baby may follow a face or an object slowly from side to side. His vision improves rapidly during the first 6 months and continues to improve through the preschool years.
Infants notice extreme dark-light contrasts. A simple bull's-eye or diagonally striped patterns in black and white seem interesting to them. Newborns look at the outer edges of patterns, while several months later, babies tend to look at the inner details.
Babies can get bored looking at the same thing too long. Babies also can look away when they want a rest. Your newborn can move his head as well as his eyes. This is one way he is able to explore
and get information from the world around him.
Babies seem to have a natural liking for the human face. Perhaps they like human faces because expressions can change and be continuously interesting, yet still be familiar. Babies just a few days old have been observed imitating certain facial expressions. For example, they may respond to a parent's smile or frown with similar facial movements. This responsiveness encourages parents in their new role, while aiding the natural development of babies' social relationships.

8 to 12 month Eyesight Development
Your baby's sight has been maturing for several months, and he or she is able to see quite well and even focus on quickly moving objects. Your baby is now putting motor skills together with vision, and it's likely that he or she can spot a toy across the room, focus on it, crawl to it, pick it up, and turn it over.
Familiar and loving faces are still your baby's favorite thing to look at, but he or she also may enjoy looking at the same picture book over and over again, concentrating on certain images. Your baby may love objects with parts or pieces he or she can move or connect, and will spend lots of time staring at these things, perhaps trying to figure out how or why they work.
Take your baby with you to see new and interesting places. Point out the sights and label them by name. You'll be promoting your baby's interest in the surrounding world.

[edit on 5/27/2007 by defcon5]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'm very suprised at the comments of ATS members. I think many are confused or have taken a biased look into my responses and the reponses of others to glorify themselves.

The thread on my neice was of a concern, medical or paranormal of what her waving could be. My overall goal was not to jump to conclusions in a negative OR positive light, but to gather ideals on several ideas into what her actions say. Any spiritual, godly, demonic, medical, or [ir]rational ideas are welcomed and I only ask that people have an open mind into this problem I have.

To set the facts straight: I believe in God--I don't believe in ghosts. Angels and demons are constantly influencing our lives into changing our and others lives for better or worse. Whether this be a heavenly or demonic presense, or a simple medical problem, or--I'm very willing and happy to admit, nothing at all--I am excited to read. Again, I ask, be open minded and provide only HELPFUL insights to this concern that aids a concerned aunt and family.

Thank you.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Take it from someone who knows.

[edit on 26/5/07 by SteveR]

My beliefs are overall the point of this post.

Every reply given thus far has been very much looked into and acknowledge. Comments that in insult my beliefs, ones such as yours, are not apperciated--and can be ill afforted on your part.

Add to this post respectfully and tactifully or leave your shady comments elsewhere.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Lilyblooms...

Id like to offer my story to you.

I didnt believe in anything, at one time. No god, no devil. In my mind there was only the good and bad intentions of man, and their failure to understand the world around them.

Until my son was born.

My father died before my son was born. My wife and I never spoke to him of my father, not even in his very early years. There were no pictures of my father in our home.

But then it started. My son began to do the normal type of "baby speech". Gibberish and such. But then something started happening - he began to speak into the air while no one was in the room with him. Now I must note that my son was in his room with the door closed, he had just woken up, and had no knowledge I was listening to him. But i listened for months, thinking it was cute. But then I noticed that each day, he was becomeing more articulate. He was carrying on a conversation - not just speaking into the air.

The day came that I asked him who he was talking to. He looked at me, silent, and acted as if the response would frighten me. I asked him if it was an imaginary friend...helooked at me and shook his head. "Real", he said.

I asked him again who he was talking to. He looked at me again. "Grandpa John. Your daddy." At 1 and half...my son. After that, he began to develop a frightening ability of intuition. Able to see where he was going to before he could have known. Knowing when his mom pulled up, or his grandma, or any one....before they hit the door. He couldnt have heard them. It is impossible.

In any case - I had to question it all at that point. My son started me down the path of asking questions. I didnt know what I would find, wasnt sure if I could believe it or not. But there was something happening, and I needed to know.

As of now, the path has led me down the arena of quantum mechanics, zero point,and consciousness. It has led me to discount the so called answers that have been given in the past.

So what Im saying to you, is that if you do truly believe that something is going on that is "Paranormal" in nature, then you need to keep an open mind about it, because there is no religious belief system in the world that has all the answers, or is quick to give you or I the answers if they do have them.

If you truly believe that its medical, there are a variety of places to look for answers - I would suggest your doctor in that case, at least at first. Go to your library, search the web, etc.

But it seems to me that you came to the place that would give you answers down the line of the unknown. Your thoughts are revealed in a way.

Do not ignore the issue. There are no "phases" we grow out of, only experiences that we grow from. And you had better prepare yourself to have your views blown apart, for placing your narrow views of the unknown on your child in regards to her special issues is unethical and destructive, whatever the cause of this may be, IMO.

* It is known and documented quite extensively that those close to the point of physical death often see things; a light at the end of a tunnel, a flashback of their lives, an all encompassing love or fear, they see their loved ones around them etc.

It only makes simple sense that the same experiences are available at the only other one of two most important of events. And thats the beginning of ones life. *

Thanks and good luck....and good luck to your niece.

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Lilyblooms, if this is a medical condition then it must be pretty common as this is a widely reported experience. My nephew used to 'see things' as well when he was a baby and up to the time he was able to verbalise to those with him what he was seeing, but as others have mentioned, he 'grew out of it'. IMO, othing to worry about.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   
lol thats some scary stuff! there was an episode on that show called a haunting on discovery channel that was like this you should try and find it and check it out

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
My sister's first child was an interesting little girl. I didn't see her that often, but found it 'cute and unusual' that she quite naturally referred to her parents by their Christian names.

I was present one day when she had an argument with her mother, insisting on making her views known as an adult would. Her mother (my sister) issued an ultimatum (eg. 'Eat your meal now or go straight to your room'). My niece -- then aged about 2 and a half --- responded by shouting to her father: ' David, will you come and tell her to stop being so unreasonable, please?'

Her father (David) actually did come and tried to intervene on his daughter's behalf, as requested.

My niece then returned to what she'd been doing before the altercation commenced. I kneeled down beside her, concerned by the argument now underway between her parents. But the little girl seemed unconcerned and continued to playing with her toys.

After a while, when her parents' raised voices had quietened, she looked up at me and whispered indignantly: " She (referring to her mother by her Christian name) is so annoying. You've heard how she speaks to me --- she treats me as if I were a child ! She doesn't seem to understand ! "

The child looked at me directly as she said this. It's one of the few memories I have of her at that age and I'm always struck by the memory of the expression on her face. Her face was the perfect baby-face of someone two and half years old, but her expression at that moment -- particularly the eyes --- wouldn't have been out of place on an adult.

She grew up and although she was more mature and serious on occasion than others her age, she ended up becoming perfectly 'normal' and 'average', got married, had children of her own.

When she was a young mother herself, I reminded her of what she'd said, all those years ago. She was dumbfounded, shook her head in perplexity and asked: " Are you sure it was me who said that. Oh, I wish you hadn't told me --- it makes me sound so weird ! Oh -- it gives me the creeps, hearing that. "

Children do and say a lot of odd things when they're young, but most of them 'grow out of it'.

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I agree with RiverGoddess's contribution insomuch that children are closer to the other side and can see things that we generally can't.

I am interested to know what your neice's emotional state is during or after this behavior?

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi lilyblooms one possible reason for the toy going of could be due to the battery life becoming low.

I have been very freaked out now and again by the sound of toys working without anyone activating them. However i beleive the battery life explains this. Change the battery on the toy for starters. As i have no answers for any of your other concerns i am sorry.

I myself have noticed something very strange in every baby that i have had or known. If you are in a room the baby will always stare at the room light even if its turned off. I always found that interesting once again sorry i could not give you any help on any of your other worries.

Regard's
Lee

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
A well subscribed thread with helpfull contributions; however take a step out of the paranormal possiblities and concentrate on more likely reasons for this behavior. Contact a child psychologist of ask your medical doctor to refer the child for a consultation.

This Link

posted on May, 28 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I'm spiritual, but I only believe in angels or demons--not believing God would let ghosts exist and walk around aimlessly.

I am not 100% sure as to what you believe ..you believe in Angels & Demons & Not believing in God would let ghost exist and walk the earth?

If you believe in God you need to know that we are fighting a spiritual war or we should be getting ready to do so but we as flesh choose to fight each other as we know .. If you do believe in God read Eph 6 that should clear up to what it is we should be looking out for.

I believe as we grow up we lose the "sight" of things that we should know about but we choose to "ignore" it so it becomes a "fantasy" scary world where we have no knowledge on ..our fault.

Anyway your niece is 100% safe as all children are not to be messed with in the spiritual side,make sure you & your siblings are curse free ..just as in "generational curse" & rid that curse if you are ..

If you believe in Angels & Demons but not God seek help from someone you KNOW you can trust ..but i have honestly never heard of believing in Angels and Demons but no God..this means a Demon can deceive you in acting as an Angel ..you need to know who you can trust ...& faith is all that will help you there.

Just my opinion ..and btw i know your niece WILL be totally fine.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by qonone
If you believe in Angels & Demons but not God seek help from someone you KNOW you can trust ..but i have honestly never heard of believing in Angels and Demons but no God..this means a Demon can deceive you in acting as an Angel ..you need to know who you can trust ...& faith is all that will help you there.

You need to RMPL because she did say she believed in God. IMO if this child is acting in a strange manner that is really that concerning then the best thing to do is get the opinion of more than one doctor before getting too far into anything else.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Again, thank you again for your stories and advice.

Someone asked about my neices emotional state before and after.
Let's see--the most recent time, it was already dusk and I had just given her some yogurt. She was acting like a baby, playing and laughing--giving a few cries when you don't hand her whatever she wants immediately.
My neice went into her room to grab a bouncy ball thats twice the size of her and rolled it over to me. I rolled it over to her and she laughed. She stopped playing with the ball and grabbed her phone, it's a baby phone with the ABC's and 123's on it. She played a song and that's when she looked up. I guess she heard something because she went "Ugh!" and looked at the left window side. She pointed, looked at me, and then waved. She smiled and said, "Hi!" She then kept playing with her toy and would walk around her room, taking a look at the same spot and waving--looking at me, I feel she was trying to tell me to look at it. So, I would and I just got chills because I didn't see anything. I would get up and get her ball, and tell her to come with me out of the room and she would, slowly. We would play and she acted like nothing happened. I would avoid going into the room entirely and tried to keep her attention distracted at all times from going into that room unless we absolutely needed to.
Before long, I put her to sleep and that was the night in a nutshell.

Does that help with any questions?

[edit on 29-5-2007 by lilyblooms]

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Again, thank you again for your stories and advice.

Someone asked about my neices emotional state before and after.
Let's see--the most recent time, it was already dusk and I had just given her some yogurt. She was acting like a baby, playing and laughing--giving a few cries when you don't hand her whatever she wants immediately.
My neice went into her room to grab a bouncy ball thats twice the size of her and rolled it over to me. I rolled it over to her and she laughed. She stopped playing with the ball and grabbed her phone, it's a baby phone with the ABC's and 123's on it. She played a song and that's when she looked up. I guess she heard something because she went "Ugh!" and looked at the left window side. She pointed, looked at me, and then waved. She smiled and said, "Hi!" She then kept playing with her toy and would walk around her room, taking a look at the same spot and waving--looking at me, I feel she was trying to tell me to look at it. So, I would and I just got chills because I didn't see anything. I would get up and get her ball, and tell her to come with me out of the room and she would, slowly. We would play and she acted like nothing happened. I would avoid going into the room entirely and tried to keep her attention distracted at all times from going into that room unless we absolutely needed to.
Before long, I put her to sleep and that was the night in a nutshell.

Does that help with any questions?

[edit on 29-5-2007 by lilyblooms]

Freeky throw a scross up in that corner for sport. Just to see what happens
I dunno what to tell you that was just a joke. Very good story though gives me chills.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Lillyblooms.....

I know every paranormal experience I have had to deal with I can sense "something" or just get that funny "feeling". Every time it seemed to center around my children as well. I wonder if your sensing it without realizing it, and thats why your entertaining the idea of it being of the paranormal nature. I could be completely wrong, but its an idea.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Look, here is my take on what is currently going on. I think the "veil" is thinning between the physical and spiritual worlds. Now, babies and animals are more perceptible to this than the rest of us because they are not biased. They are open, if you will.

As this thinning escalates, you will see these things going on more and more. It is not about ghosts wondering aimlessly on earth, but about the "veil" between the two worlds starting to crumble. Just know that the child see things as they really are and not as we, adults, suppose them to be.

posted on May, 30 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglosaxon
A well subscribed thread with helpfull contributions; however take a step out of the paranormal possiblities and concentrate on more likely reasons for this behavior. Contact a child psychologist of ask your medical doctor to refer the child for a consultation.

This Link

An 18 month old child having an "invisible friend?" Uh, that sounds about as "out there" as any of the other explanations that could be given. I am not saying that it's wrong necessarily. It's just that I have never known of an 18th month old child with "imaginary friends." That seems to come later...

[edit on 30-5-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join