It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A bug with the adding Friends feature

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Dae

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I have about 3 people who have, for all appearances, added me to their friends list, but when I go look at their profile it doesnt list me but someone else, namely Daedalus3. So Im Dae and they are Daedalus3, something is a little buggy. I dont think all three people (DuncanIdahoGholem, The_unraveller & Jezza) clicked my name by accident but you never know!

I thought Id report it in like a good ATS girl

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I reported something similar via the "Suggestion" app a month or so ago. I have "Essedarius" on my friends list. In going through the forums, there's a "Darius" that has the "One of your Friends" indicator (and I'm sure he/she is an allaround terrific person) but is not one I added and doesn't show up on my Friends lists in my profile.

Seems to be some sort of glitch. I reported it and didn't get any feedback, so I figure either bigger fish to fry, or no one knows or it doesn't really matter.

It doesn't to me, really. But yes, I've noticed it, too.

Dae

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I backing the 'no one knows' theory but Im also backing the 'doesnt really matter' speculation... HOWEVER, there are always bigger fish to fry so Im also backing the large sea bass conjecture.

Anyways, it looks like I have more friends, I shouldnt complain

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Dae, you are clearly visible in both of my "friend" lists. So apparently it is some kind of selective bug?

I am thinking that it might have happened just as a new member was registering and the database was updating itself all while those members were clicking on your name as a "Friend".

Perhaps??

Only S.O. can figure it out, maybe.

[edit on 5/10/2007 by Mechanic 32]

Dae

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh Mechanic... you didnt add me? lol I thought you did and I thought it was sweet and I added you too. So you didnt add me then?

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Oh Mechanic... you didnt add me? lol I thought you did and I thought it was sweet and I added you too. So you didnt add me then?

Oh, no. That's not what I meant. Of course I added you. I was just saying that the other three members seem to be the only ones that have encountered that problem with your name not correctly being added to their list.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dae

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Phew! Not all my friends are mistakes then *giggles*

Maybe someone can add Daedalus as their friend and see if I get added too? A little experiment 'cos Im easily amused.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Maybe someone can add Daedalus as their friend and see if I get added too?

That would probably have to be someone that does not already have you on their list.

Oh, have you u2u'd the members in question??

Dae

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Ive thought about it for like a minute... what would I say?

"Did you mean to not add me to your friends list?"

"Whats Daedalus got that I havnt!?"

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Okay Dae, I added you to my friends list. I checked and Daedalus doesn't come up on my friends list, and when I look at one of Daedalus's posts, there's no indication of him/her being one of my friends.

However, you're now one of my friends. Deal with that.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Ive thought about it for like a minute... what would I say?

I guess it could be awkward. Perhaps they will happen upon this thread, and see that their names are in your first post.

edit to add:

yeahright I have just added you to my friend list. you seem to be an okay guy. and your post does show the "one of your friends" banner on top. just so that you know.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
"Whats Daedalus got that I havnt!?"

A longer name.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mechanic 32
you seem to be an okay guy.

Well, I haven't killed anyone and buried them in the woods. Lately. As far as you know.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There is also a few people the magically pop onto your list without you even knowing them.

Dae

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
However, you're now one of my friends. Deal with that.

Awsome, I now have a Running Man of Bronze as a friend... kinda makes me think of that film 300... youre not Spartan are you?

Oh yeah, you would probably have to check all the Daedalusess to see if adding me does anything to them, reckon it might be a lottery as to who gets a new friend.

posted on May, 10 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
youre not Spartan are you?

Not by ethnicity, but lifestyle by necessity.

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ah HAH! Glad I found this thread. Also have two new friends who I never met. LOL.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by Badge01]

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
BTW, how do I add a friend on purpose? I see nothing, no buttons, no right click place.

You click in the persons name over on the left that takes you to there profile and you will see the green and red tags to add as friend or foe

posted on May, 18 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
Ah HAH! Glad I found this thread. Also have two new friends who I never met. LOL.

[edit on 18-5-2007 by Badge01]

I think you need to go to their profile page to add them to Friend or Foe.

(edit to add, Sauron beat me to it)

[edit on 18/5/07 by mojo4sale]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Actually, at the bottom of every post you should see a FRIEND and FOE option down there where the u2u and profile buttons are. No need to go all the way to the profile, although that's certainly an option.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join